It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

THERE'S STILL HOPE!
Attachments:
update.jpg (28 Kb)
Hurrah for capitalism.
"In some form…"

As a series of index cards!
deleted
Yay for bug ridden messes that won't have any post release support! And for not having to refund thousands of players money they don't have!
Everything's fine as long as the fans get their game.
Calling it now. Episode 4 will consist of Clemintine getting struck and killed by a freak bolt of lightning while walking down the road. Followed by "THE END".

Can't really see it going any other way given they fired most of the staff that brought Telltale games to life...
inb4it's just adapted into a shitty comic book
I like comics and regardless of what I or some of us think about their games, the people that bought it wanted that type of game.
NuffCatnip: Do we get a refund if we purchased the final season of The Wwalking Dead?
Wouldn't think so. Or expect it.

Telltale is basically in bankruptcy. The scumbags running the company haven't even paid their staff what they properly owe them, so wouldn't imagine anyone will be getting refunds.

And it's certainly not GOG's fault. So they shouldn't have to lose money on the deal.

That is just the risk you take when you buy episodic games. Just one of the many reasons why I never buy them.
Fairfox: gogie hav no reason to refund peeps
steamie probs wont
You are dead wrong here. This is no kickstarter. GOG sold people buying into this a game consisting out of 4 episodes - it's still listed this way on the store page even though they know that the future of the game is at least uncertain.

"About: Includes access to all 4 episodes (Episodes 1-2 available now, Episodes 3-4 coming soon). "

So yes, they have every reason - in fact they are legally obligated to do a refund in case people would demand a refund (and it is sure that they will only get half of the game).

Bloodygoodgames: And it's certainly not GOG's fault. So they shouldn't have to lose money on the deal.
Ethically speaking you are correct. Legally speaking the contract you made is between you and GOG. You never made a contract with Telltale.

In the end however I am pretty sure GOG will find a way to compensate buyers of the final season in one way or another. They mostly are nice when such things do happen. Just remember the No Man's Sky scenario.
Post edited September 25, 2018 by MarkoH01
low rated
deleted
Good news! Class action lawsuit.

Even if Telltale wins, the legal fees are likely to put a crimp on those remaining projects.
Darvond: Good news! Class action lawsuit.

Even if Telltale wins, the legal fees are likely to put a crimp on those remaining projects.
Yeah. Class action suits are a scam. The lawyer takes some huge % (sometimes upwards of 50%) and the winning plaintiffs get pennies on the dollar for what they're actually owed.
I just noticed that The Walking Dead: The Final Season is the only recent title of Telltale Games that doesn't have the achievements on GOG, if this isn't an error in the gamecard it could have been a sign of the end.
Alexim: I just noticed that The Walking Dead: The Final Season is the only recent title of Telltale Games that doesn't have the achievements on GOG, if this isn't an error in the gamecard it could have been a sign of the end.
Or maybe (as so often with games on GOG) in those other Telltale games the achievements simply arrived later. Unlikely in this case but I doubt achievements are just missing because Telltale went down.