It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timmy010: if gog put a proper sale on the telltale catalogue, prior to the catalogues removal, and i don't mean the standard sale price for this catalogue, i'd buy every game.
Linko90: Like the sale we had last month :P?
He said proper sale.

Kind of like the one the HumbleBin had going last year where you paid 15 bucks for the whole bunch (plus - I believe - the Jurassic Park game that never came to gog). "Up to 75% off" just don't cut it in comparison.
Telltale closing down sale, up to 99.9% off all titles, Something like that yes?
fr33kSh0w2012: Telltale closing down sale, up to 99.9% off all titles, Something like that yes?
I doubt that giving away their games (almost) for free would be a good plan for them..
Post edited September 23, 2018 by phaolo
Linko90: Like the sale we had last month :P?
fronzelneekburm: He said proper sale.

Kind of like the one the HumbleBin had going last year where you paid 15 bucks for the whole bunch (plus - I believe - the Jurassic Park game that never came to gog). "Up to 75% off" just don't cut it in comparison.
They mentioned a sale, I informed them we recently hosted one. Nothing more, nothing less.

As already stated, we'll update users on the TellTale situation when we hear about it. Please don't expect this will mean a sale will happen, be it a fake sale or a 'proper' sale.
Post edited September 23, 2018 by Linko90
fr33kSh0w2012: Telltale closing down sale, up to 99.9% off all titles, Something like that yes?
phaolo: I doubt that giving away their games (almost) for free would be a good plan for them..
I guess he doesn't care about their well-being.
Post edited September 23, 2018 by seppelfred
low rated
deleted
They must've spent a king's ransom buying licensing rights. That, combined with how they only had a couple of critically acclaimed successes like The Walking Dead out of all the games they sold, and how their games all were too similar to one another, and it's no surprise they are shutting down.
Fairfox: teh best sales are fake sales

liek best cakes are fake cakes
i call them' fakes' for short. it makes thangs confuzzlin'...
Fakes and fails? Er...Fales?
Linko90: They mentioned a sale, I informed them we recently hosted one. Nothing more, nothing less.

As already stated, we'll update users on the TellTale situation when we hear about it. Please don't expect this will mean a sale will happen, be it a fake sale or a 'proper' sale.
the problem i have with telltale is that they're all copies. the only game that's mostly different is jurassic park and that isn't even here. i paid over £7 for book of unwritten tales 2 and around £7 for day of the tentacle because i value their creativity. telltale on the other hand is pretty expensive so i have the "core" games which i consider to be things like the sam & max series. people have pointed out that telltale doesn't have an original game but licences. if telltale is closing, then i fear the games will be lost. which is why i think a "proper" sale is needed because i don't want to pay £50 for the set, but at the same time, losing the games due to their removal from the store is a real shame.

i think gog should really put their heads together and decide whether losing access to the games from the storefront is more important to them then giving people a proper opportunity to grab these games in the form of a "proper" sale. i already have games of thrones on telltale.com but because it's drm ridden, i don't know if i'll get to keep it in the next few weeks.
phaolo: I doubt that giving away their games (almost) for free would be a good plan for them..
seppelfred: I guess he doesn't care about their well-being.
Jesus Christ, People I was friggin joking!

You know like a liquidation sale where "Everyhting Must Go" LOL
Post edited September 23, 2018 by fr33kSh0w2012
timmy010: i think gog should really put their heads together and decide whether losing access to the games from the storefront is more important to them then giving people a proper opportunity to grab these games in the form of a "proper" sale. i already have games of thrones on telltale.com but because it's drm ridden, i don't know if i'll get to keep it in the next few weeks.
It's not up to them. The publisher sets the regular and sales prices.
fronzelneekburm: He said proper sale.

Linko90: They mentioned a sale, I informed them we recently hosted one. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know for sure that humble did such a sale and not just talked about it. The only reason I did not grab anything from it was that I already owned all those games - including JP. Here is the proof (it is German but you can see the games as well as the prices. It happened last year).

Here is one thing I don't quite understand. Under normal circumstances it is understandable to try to make as much money as possible with a product. Not just for personal gain but also to pay people, licences, rooms and equipment. But what we obviously are facing right now is far from normal. All the money made by selling Telltale products will go to some banks and will certainly not reach those who worked on the game - with the exception of GOGs part. So given the fact that the future of those products and if they will still be allowed to be sold here or anywhere is uncertain wouldn't a big sale to make at least the customers happy and save the Telltale legacy the best for everybody? Or am I completely wrong about the whole situation?
Post edited September 23, 2018 by MarkoH01
No surprise.

They must have spent a huge amount of money buying licensing deals all over the place on a ridiculous amount of properties, they obviously spent far too much money developing their games, and....most people don't like episodic games. They just don't. So they wait to purchase until all episodes are finally released.

I also bought just two Telltale games -- thought the controls were some of the worst I had ever used, and never bought another.

Sad to see so many people unemployed but no, not a big surprise. Sounds like mismanagement (it almost always is) from the get-go.
Bloodygoodgames: Sad to see so many people unemployed but no, not a big surprise. Sounds like mismanagement (it almost always is) from the get-go.
It is indeed.

http://www.theverge.com/2018/3/20/17130056/telltale-games-developer-layoffs-toxic-video-game-industry
I've never played any of Telltale's games. Something about the overall style just puts me off. I don't know why. But upon hearing people say that the newer line of Telltale games, from The Walking Dead onwards had important bugs that were left unfixed, poor controls and dreaded QTE events, I guess I dodged a few bullets there.

And it seems that their situation could have been avoided if the bosses had been more adaptive and willing to develop a keen insight into what's going on. From the chart, their sales started out being decent for an indie developer, although "Jurassic Park" did fairly worse than "Back to the future". Then they got their big hit "The Walking Dead" which sold Triple AAA numbers. They obviously began to have big dreams from then on, and felt that they were part of the big leagues. Unfortunately, sales thereafter never hit the same note again.

Both "The Wolf Among Us" and "The Walking Dead S2" managed less than half of what their big hit did. In perspective, it's still alright. There might be room for a comeback. However, when the comeback did not happen, and their next two games are dipping back to the sales level of "Back to the future". They should have stopped and taken a hard look at what's going on. Change what they aren't doing right, put a lid on expenses, be more conservative in their approach to making games with a lowered profit estimate and forget about the big dreams till the ship turns around.

But they just kept doing the same thing over and over, spending big money on licensing, in the hope that the big hit will magically happen again, except that it never did.
Post edited September 23, 2018 by Nicole28