It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telling tales of Telltale titles.

A time of more DRM-free Telltale games is upon us. We signed the deal, and we're set to unleash a torrent of past and future games from the award-winning adventure game developer! All of the games will premiere with full GOG Galaxy support, that includes Achievements and other goodness like one-click installation, auto-updating, game time tracking and more!

The first of our new Telltale releases is available today: <span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series at 40% off during launch, right on schedule for the worldwide premiere of Episode 4: Sons of Winter.

<span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is your chance to not just watch or read about the pathological madness, but to experience and play it out with your own personal touch. This Telltale Game series tells the story of an all-new House of Forrester located somewhere in the north reaches of Westeros. As the War of Five Kings rages, your family is caught in the maelstrom of warfare, revenge, intrigue and horror, in a struggle not to win… but to survive. <span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is a brand new side-story that bumps into familiar characters, and weaves across events known from the TV series which echo across the entire known world. The release discount will last until May 30, 12:59 pm GMT.

Soon, we'll tell more Telltale tales with The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and all seasons of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series. Stay tuned!
This is neat and all but where is Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People? That's the only Telltale Game I really want to cool me off like a baloney sandwich to the forehead.
high rated
I second the request to clear the issue of a major bug in Sam & Max Episode 1 for which Telltale Games refused to provide a fix. For now, I'm keeping my (and my wallet's) distance from this dubious publisher/developer.

Relevant links:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post2295
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/telltale_games_coming_to_gogcom_4f0e7/post45
Grargar: Looks fine to me.
Ah, I'm an idiot. Apparently "Hide owned games" is enabled by default. Carry on then.
Silverhawk170485: My download sais Season 1. I guess that means more seasons will follow for which you have to pay again.
That was not metioned in the description. No problem for me but I was a bit surprised.
Grargar: A season for Telltale means a new game in the same series. Just like the three Telltale Sam & Max games, which are called seasons.
Actually, an episode means a new game in Telltale context. A series of games which are bound by the same story is called a season.

I don't know if things have changed, but it used to be possible to buy individual games (that is, episodes) without buying an entire season. To give more incentive to buy seasons, you used to get DVD versions for free when buying seasons.

On the other hand, Telltale games outside of their own store have always been sold as seasons, AFAIK.
HypersomniacLive: New Telltale Games on GOG, nice, and quite unexpected.

I only hope that they do a better job supporting the new releases here than what they've done with their previous ones.

And curious to see if any will arrive regionally priced, as PaterAlf said.
MIK0: GoT is regionally priced, so I don't see why those would be different.
It is also to be noticed that GoT on Telltale's Store is not regionally priced. Another good job GOG.

HypersomniacLive: Not happening, last time I inquired about this, GOG asked me if I wanted a refund.
MIK0: Telltale Games are famous more for their total lack of support (no post release patch even on unmistakable issues and no customer care) and communication than for their games. Combine that with GOG lack of interest in bringing value to the users, not so good communication and low bargaining power and you got a non so good picture.

Fair Price Package is nothing. What would bring a revolution and make the difference would be not to pay publishers that doesn't fix their games.
This man speaks the truth, as said in my previous post, TTG doesn't care about you, guys. I basically got told this when I asked about missing stuff in their games (I had to insist though).

As for the regionally priced exclusive, well done gog, indeed. ><
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Zoidberg
Artoemius: I second the request to clear the issue of a major bug in Sam & Max Episode 1 for which Telltale Games refused to provide a fix. For now, I'm keeping my (and my wallet's) distance from this dubious publisher/developer.

Relevant links:

Yeah, that and other Telltale bugs will have to be fixed before I even consider buying any of their games.
Great news!
But I'm still waiting for "Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People" and "Hector: Badge of Carnage"...
I don't normally buy "new" games on release but loved the walking dead 1 and 2 and always wanted to try Game Of Thrones as I love the television show. So to show support for newer DRM-free games, I bought it! (Although i still have a good 100+ hours of the witcher 3 to go...)
This is awesome news! Thank goodness I procrastinated on getting The Walking Dead 2 on Steam...
that's all good and great, but when are we going to have access to these great games on OSX...
ShadowWulfe: Wait Tales from the Borderlands? So will vanilla Borderlands eventually come here? O.o
skeletonbow: There are only two possible answers to "Will XYZ game come to GOG?"

1) Yes.
2) Maybe.

If there is no direct evidence from the owner (or owners) of the intellectual property of the game in question then the only answer is "maybe, if the intellectual property owners decide to do that in the future. "No, never." is not really a valid option because we already have games in the GOG catalogue that people's opinions would have said "no, never" to but they're here because quite frankly exactly zero of our personal opinions make something a guaranteed truth and the future is unpredictable. Even games like NOLF that have complex legal issues fall into the #2 category. So every game that isn't here that we don't have any direct evidence that it is coming here for sure are "maybe" - if the right circumstances coalesce together to make it happen. Some are more likely than others of course, but anything is possible. World of Warcraft would be on the extremely most highly unlikely category for sure, but even that isn't a "never" if the right circumstances were to come to be in which Blizzard decided it was worth it to them financially to do so. Unlikely, yes - but super-extremely-mega-unlikely and totally-impossible are two very different things. :)

So, will Borderlands and Borderlands 2 ever show up on GOG? Answer: Maybe. But they're not owned by Telltale Games either so Tales from Borderlands showing up here probably has no effect on when the other games might show up. I suspect it wont be any time soon anyway, but then I'd have said the same thing about Metro Last Light Redux or the Saints Row games too so...

:)
Funny Bioshock 1 is drm free on humble store, so perhaps 1 day bioshock 1 will be on gog.
nightcraw1er.488: Thanks for that info. Is there a fixed naming for the additional files, would be interested to know if these were removed whether the game would run at all.
BKGaming: They should run just fine, again haven't tried it, but but they literally do nothing without Galaxy. Your honestly fussing over something superficial though, I can probably find a butch of games that have other crap installed on GOG that they game would play just fine without or has a .dll you would not want but the games need.

For instance the Saints Row 3 has a "steam_api.dll" file, this is likely needed to make the game function without Steam... because the game is basically the Steam copy, minus Steam. I would imagine this keeps the game thinking Steam is installed when it really isn't or perhaps it was just left in.

This will be more common as Steam games with Steam DRM come here though...
Maybe that steam dll is because includes the team fortress 2 head bonus perhaps but metro last light redux have a steam_api64.dll too
Post edited May 27, 2015 by mazewaliztli
Great news. Have the first season of TWD on Steam though...will get around to buy it here too at some point, I hope.
(haven't played it yet anyway, so it's a moot point I guess lol)
PixelBoy: Actually, an episode means a new game in Telltale context. A series of games which are bound by the same story is called a season.

I don't know if things have changed, but it used to be possible to buy individual games (that is, episodes) without buying an entire season. To give more incentive to buy seasons, you used to get DVD versions for free when buying seasons.

On the other hand, Telltale games outside of their own store have always been sold as seasons, AFAIK.
Telltale games are now always sold as seasons; the ability to purchase individual episodes disappeared a while ago. (They might still be doing individual episodes on iOS.) Also unlike the old games like Sam & Max, each episode isn't a stand-alone program now. The single program is used for all episodes and it updates for each new episode like DLC would.

So yeah they have changed quite a bit in that sense.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by partially
cool
Artoemius: I second the request to clear the issue of a major bug in Sam & Max Episode 1 for which Telltale Games refused to provide a fix. For now, I'm keeping my (and my wallet's) distance from this dubious publisher/developer.

Relevant links:

Here's a thread: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/95492/thanks-for-more-games-on-gog-but-where-s-the-s-m-save-the-world-patch