It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telling tales of Telltale titles.

A time of more DRM-free Telltale games is upon us. We signed the deal, and we're set to unleash a torrent of past and future games from the award-winning adventure game developer! All of the games will premiere with full GOG Galaxy support, that includes Achievements and other goodness like one-click installation, auto-updating, game time tracking and more!

The first of our new Telltale releases is available today: <span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series at 40% off during launch, right on schedule for the worldwide premiere of Episode 4: Sons of Winter.

<span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is your chance to not just watch or read about the pathological madness, but to experience and play it out with your own personal touch. This Telltale Game series tells the story of an all-new House of Forrester located somewhere in the north reaches of Westeros. As the War of Five Kings rages, your family is caught in the maelstrom of warfare, revenge, intrigue and horror, in a struggle not to win… but to survive. <span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is a brand new side-story that bumps into familiar characters, and weaves across events known from the TV series which echo across the entire known world. The release discount will last until May 30, 12:59 pm GMT.

Soon, we'll tell more Telltale tales with The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and all seasons of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series. Stay tuned!
Damn double post again. What's going on here?
Post edited May 26, 2015 by Silverhawk170485
Wow, this is pretty cool. Glad I put off some game purchases, so now I can get them here :)

Sadly, though, I am a bit cash-poor at the moment, so GOT only wishlisted for now.
Any chance the launch discount will drag on for a bit? The OP really doesn't say anything about the duration...
Great to see new Telltale games, I like the storytelling in their recent games a lot, this one goes high on my wishlist for now.
Grargar: You could ask Support again now. After all, this is the first Telltale release ever since 2012, so they might have deemed it a lost case till now.
That's a good point to bring up, I may dig that support ticket up and do a follow up, cheers.
Barry_Woodward: snip
When did you turn into a spam bot ?
My download sais Season 1. I guess that means more seasons will follow for which you have to pay again.
That was not metioned in the description. No problem for me but I was a bit surprised.
skeletonbow: It appears currently that if a game is installed with Galaxy client, that the installation script that Galaxy runs post-install will create desktop shortcuts that launch the game through Galaxy client. This appears to be based on the assumption that if someone installed the game with Galaxy they presumably want the Galaxy functionality enabled by default, so the launcher sets it to launch via Galaxy. It's a sensible default to have, but there are people that do not want the shortcut to depend on Galaxy either, so they will hopefully make this configurable in Galaxy to be able to make the shortcuts default to launching without Galaxy in the future as well.
Incorrect. I just installed Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 (a game that uses Galaxy for multiplayer) through the Galaxy client and the resulting shortcuts showed no hint of Galaxy at all.
Don't mind me for not reading the entirety of a 9 page thread at this point please.

If it hasn't been brought up already, it would nice to see the Mac OS X releases too. All of these games are available on Steam for Mac as well. I hope that will be the case here also. I have two of the mentioned releases on my Steam wishlist but I would much rather buy them here.

So, come on GOG. Please take my money. Don't let the evil ones have it.

Thank you.

And if this was already mentioned well, this is just me supporting that cause too.
Silverhawk170485: My download sais Season 1. I guess that means more seasons will follow for which you have to pay again.
That was not metioned in the description. No problem for me but I was a bit surprised.
A season for Telltale means a new game in the same series. Just like the three Telltale Sam & Max games, which are called seasons.
I made this for those interested.

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/95492/thanks-for-more-games-on-gog-but-where-s-the-s-m-save-the-world-patch?new=1
Yes, Mac versions pleeeeeeeese!
skeletonbow: People are free to curse and swear of course about galaxy DLLs being installed that they don't want, but that just illustrates lack of understanding about how dynamic linking works and is really nitpicking IMHO of a very trivial meaningless non-issue, one which is very highly unlikely to change ever because it is the only technically feasible way to do it.
He's clearly mentioning this because of the couple of games that initially came with Galaxy bundled. Not everyone keeps up to date on things like that. For all some people know they're still doing that. I think the question is fair to ask. (particularly given the retail edition of Witcher 3 apparently bundled Galaxy as well)
Post edited May 26, 2015 by Pheace
nightcraw1er.488: Could someone clarify something for me. Does this game, and presumably all further ones, come with the non-optional galaxy install? Or any component thereof of galaxy.
skeletonbow: None of GOG's games have a non-optional Galaxy Client install. The games that support Galaxy features may come with the Galaxy DLL because they have Galaxy support built into them and that requires the library to exist for the executable to start the same way every other DLL library works. That's how dynamically linked software works, the DLLs for all features linked into the executable must be present for the dynamic linker to resolve the symbols in the executable whether or not those symbols get used at runtime.

So you can expect every game that has Galaxy support to come with these libraries because that is how software works. The features that the libraries implement are of course optional and you don't need to use them or care about them, nor care about Galaxy client.

It appears currently that if a game is installed with Galaxy client, that the installation script that Galaxy runs post-install will create desktop shortcuts that launch the game through Galaxy client. This appears to be based on the assumption that if someone installed the game with Galaxy they presumably want the Galaxy functionality enabled by default, so the launcher sets it to launch via Galaxy. It's a sensible default to have, but there are people that do not want the shortcut to depend on Galaxy either, so they will hopefully make this configurable in Galaxy to be able to make the shortcuts default to launching without Galaxy in the future as well.

People are free to curse and swear of course about galaxy DLLs being installed that they don't want, but that just illustrates lack of understanding about how dynamic linking works and is really nitpicking IMHO of a very trivial meaningless non-issue, one which is very highly unlikely to change ever because it is the only technically feasible way to do it.

Ultimately though if it bothers people - quite simply do not buy games from GOG. Problem solved.
So to sum up, the answer is yes. I am fully aware of how dlls work. As a customer of a long time, with a lot of games from here I do believe I am entitled to an opinion, that being that I don't want any of the (needless in my opinion) client software on my machine. Apparently some people want this site to turn into some sort of facebook trash and anyone disagreeing with this is told to go elsewhere, most helpful.
But thanks for the information, telltale games are on my list to ignore.
Wow! What a huge announcement! While we had a few of the older Telltale titles here already, it was starting to feel like they had given up on the DRM-Free business model. This news totally shocked me! I am so psyched that so many titles are coming our way in the near future. Thank you so much GOG and Telltale Games for making this possible!
Great news! I'll be waiting for The Wolf Among Us.

What is the bug in Sam & Max Save the World?