It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberevil: I see where I used the word "trade" though i didn't mean that literally, bad choice for a word I suppose... perhaps leave would have been a better one?
Generally, yes, though I do fear many dont get the idea and do believe this is a trade thread. I only have to go back a page or two to see it, hence my need to post as I still have this bookmarked and do not like what it has become.

Mind you, theres that old saying regarding things started with the most noble of intentions...
Cyberevil:
Its little to do with the quality of games being left...
Post edited September 23, 2014 by Sachys
Sachys: Its little to do with the quality of games being left...
Ok suddenly you lost me... Could you explain what else?

PM if you'd like even
Post edited September 23, 2014 by Cyberevil
After I get some more keys saved up (all of my spares are in the Treasure Hunt), I intend to make a Take-One-Give-One with the rules of:

- When you take one, you need to give one with a GOG, Desura or Steam normal retail value, +/- 40%.
- You may not give a duplicate game of something already on the list.
- You may not give one to a person that just took yours and vice versa

I will allow free games, like Torchlight. Since dups won't be allowed, the freebies will either stay up for a long time or be taken as the freebies become more common.

And a requirement to post when someone doesn't follow through.

2 folks haven't followed through with me here. Not a huge deal, but it's really not acceptable. Trade a game you know you have.

I also don't care if things are in bundle. Mostly, people trade bundle left-overs, but a lot of people miss bundles or only learn of a game after a friend got it in a bundle. So I have no problems with a steam code bought for, effectively, 20 cents, being traded for a $10 game so long as the retail values are +/- 40%.

And lastly, like here, the rules will be policed by those who give and the general community.

That is what I thought this thread was originally supposed to be. Whether or not that's true, I think there would be value, friendliness and use out of a thread like that.
Tallima: After I get some more keys saved up (all of my spares are in the Treasure Hunt), I intend to make a Take-One-Give-One with the rules of: <snip>
I would try to participate in such a thread

Tallima: And a requirement to post when someone doesn't follow through.
2 folks haven't followed through with me here. Not a huge deal, but it's really not acceptable. Trade a game you know you have.
I think that a lie is a lie no matter if you took a super bundled game. I just wrote yesterday to the Cmrd with a case like that.
Tallima:
perhaps a more sercivable idea, but as I pointed out, this thread, is not a trade thread.

Tallima: 2 folks haven't followed through with me here. Not a huge deal, but it's really not acceptable. Trade a game you know you have.
Using that terminology in this thread, has not led to good things thus far.
I hope you all realise that the chimp hasn't been able to set up the weekly bonanza for over two hours now because you're distracting him :P
Spinorial: I hope you all realise that the chimp hasn't been able to set up the weekly bonanza for over two hours now because you're distracting him :P
Narp! replaying the same scene in The Wolf Aming Us has done that! Heheheh. Plus, its not wednesday yet - even here on Mars! O___o

*places tinfoil hat of ultimate forsight on Spinorial
+ 40pts magicka
Spinorial: I hope you all realise that the chimp hasn't been able to set up the weekly bonanza for over two hours now because you're distracting him :P
The urge to post almost ANYTHING in that thread is nearly killing me

... just cause it says "don't"
Post edited September 23, 2014 by Cyberevil
Cyberevil: The urge to post almost ANYTHING in that thread is nearly killing me

Spinorial has a big angry red button in his pants that states "DO NOT PRESS OR THE WORLD WILL END!"

tempted?
Tallima: After I get some more keys saved up (all of my spares are in the Treasure Hunt), I intend to make a Take-One-Give-One with the rules of:

- When you take one, you need to give one with a GOG, Desura or Steam normal retail value, +/- 40%.
- You may not give a duplicate game of something already on the list.
- You may not give one to a person that just took yours and vice versa

I will allow free games, like Torchlight. Since dups won't be allowed, the freebies will either stay up for a long time or be taken as the freebies become more common.

And a requirement to post when someone doesn't follow through.

I also don't care if things are in bundle. Mostly, people trade bundle left-overs, but a lot of people miss bundles or only learn of a game after a friend got it in a bundle. So I have no problems with a steam code bought for, effectively, 20 cents, being traded for a $10 game so long as the retail values are +/- 40%.

And lastly, like here, the rules will be policed by those who give and the general community.

That is what I thought this thread was originally supposed to be. Whether or not that's true, I think there would be value, friendliness and use out of a thread like that.
+1 for that, and I think It'll be more what I thought this thread should be ( I only know the current state as I wasn't aware to this thread before its demise).
But I;m not sure the "bundle is just fine" should be ok for all cases. Leaving a key like Space Hack or Gun Monkeys can never have it's worth calculated by current retail...
I believe the ground rule should revolve every game as most it can be worth is the lowest price it's been for the last 3 months before dropping it, and lets say that those that were free a week before dropping we'll have a base 1$ tier, while currently offered free games should not belong in the thread altogether.
Cyberevil: The urge to post almost ANYTHING in that thread is nearly killing me

Sachys: Spinorial has a big angry red button in his pants that states "DO NOT PRESS OR THE WORLD WILL END!"

tempted?
Can I kick it REALLY hard? If so, probably.
Sachys: Spinorial has a big angry red button in his pants that states "DO NOT PRESS OR THE WORLD WILL END!"

tempted?
Cyberevil: Can I kick it REALLY hard? If so, probably.
Its up to you. I'm on Mars so it really doesnt affect me, other than having a brief lightshow if the warning is for real.
Cyberevil: Can I kick it REALLY hard? If so, probably.
Sachys: Its up to you. I'm on Mars so it really doesnt affect me, other than having a brief lightshow if the warning is for real.
Is quaid up there?

tempted?
Why do you think I have it in the first place? o.O
BlackThorny: +1 for that, and I think It'll be more what I thought this thread should be ( I only know the current state as I wasn't aware to this thread before its demise).
But I;m not sure the "bundle is just fine" should be ok for all cases. Leaving a key like Space Hack or Gun Monkeys can never have it's worth calculated by current retail...
I believe the ground rule should revolve every game as most it can be worth is the lowest price it's been for the last 3 months before dropping it, and lets say that those that were free a week before dropping we'll have a base 1$ tier, while currently offered free games should not belong in the thread altogether.
Or perhaps disallow BASE tiered bundled games? (anything available in the cheapest tier)

Of course not allowing duplicates will even still go a longer way toward helping...

Personally I'd like to see at most ONLY GOG or Steam games allowed, people can hardly GIVE away Desura/origin titles