It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I agree with the point that store value is not fully related to the "trading-value" a game has which is more related to how many bundles have contained the game, which kind of bundles, etc. I don't see an easy way to solve this as regulations like the ones proposed could also reduce the traffic.

A small suggestion would be to not allow duplicates. If a game is in the list and it has not been picked up that gives us an indication of low perceived value, I think.
madth3: I agree with the point that store value is not fully related to the "trading-value" a game has which is more related to how many bundles have contained the game, which kind of bundles, etc. I don't see an easy way to solve this as regulations like the ones proposed could also reduce the traffic.

A small suggestion would be to not allow duplicates. If a game is in the list and it has not been picked up that gives us an indication of low perceived value, I think.
I don't think it's really the price that matters so much as whether the game is any fun or not. For instance, I have a spare code for Desert Thunder on Steam, store value $9.99, but every single review says it's absolutely terrible, and I don't think anybody would ever ask for it if I left it. That wouldn't be contributing, that would just be getting a free game.
madth3: I agree with the point that store value is not fully related to the "trading-value" a game has which is more related to how many bundles have contained the game, which kind of bundles, etc. I don't see an easy way to solve this as regulations like the ones proposed could also reduce the traffic.

Exoanthrope: I don't think it's really the price that matters so much as whether the game is any fun or not. For instance, I have a spare code for Desert Thunder on Steam, store value $9.99, but every single review says it's absolutely terrible, and I don't think anybody would ever ask for it if I left it. That wouldn't be contributing, that would just be getting a free game.
some ppls want games they dont have just for collection so any game wort to be in list:)
iphgix: As to a GOG version of this concept there is a thread about that that broke down into discussion and to my knowledge not one game was ever left to be taken.
I don't remember that thread, but I don't doubt you. like i said I'm sure people will come forth saying it's "unneeded" since I could just drop a gog game onto here... but were I to do that, how long before that game became a steam or worse yet desura title?
I wouldn't be back to the general thread list before someone wanted to trade it for a recent low end bundled game... and honestly, who wants to keep telling people No, no, no. for three days?

Were there to be a gog take one, leave one I'd suggest the no duplicates, and nothing free, as well as nothing CURRENTLY on sale. (unless you are just donating it, and taking nothing) <-- You know, to be nice etc...
This would give people a chance to pick up some titles that they might have missed, and if you buy a sale title, you'd need only wait until the sale ended to put it on.

If there were enough interest I'd be happy to even donate the first title.
AcidFlux: I'll take that Postal when it's available (so please DO NOT put in list, send to me) and I'll leave Anachronox

Thanks! :)
jcosmocohen: I'll take Anachronox (if still available) and leave Guns of Icarus Online(Steam key). :-)
i want to take Guns of Icarus Online & leave The Witch's Yarn (steam)
Post edited September 23, 2014 by wildys

I support this.
justaquickie: I can take final slam and leave flight of the icarus (steam)
Hi justaquickie, was flight of the Icarus still available? I asked earlier, just before the previous discussion about worthy games, but got no response.
low rated
justaquickie: I can take final slam and leave flight of the icarus (steam)
blarth: Hi justaquickie, was flight of the Icarus still available? I asked earlier, just before the previous discussion about worthy games, but got no response.
Hey i probably skipped your request. Flight of the icarus is gone, I left it on the list for like 1 month and no one asked for it.

I can leave windforge for free if you which
justaquickie: Flight of the icarus is gone.
No worries. According to the first post, you are allowed to withdraw the game if no one asks for it within 5 days.

I removed the following entries from the list.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/takeonegiveone_giveaway_thread/post2110
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/takeonegiveone_giveaway_thread/post2227
low rated
Windforge now available
madth3: *snip*
That's a good idea. So i removed Project Night (Desura) and replaced it with Undead Legions (Desura).

I quite agree.
We need more RPGs here! :D

Removed Luminosity (Desura) and replaced it with Elements: Soul of Fire (Desura).
Impaler26: We need more RPGs here! :D

Removed Luminosity (Desura) and replaced it with Elements: Soul of Fire (Desura).
I'll take elements and leave Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
Post edited September 22, 2014 by friendofcabbage
I'll take Monaco and leave World of Goo