It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
WinterSnowfall: That's odd, because AFAIK TimeGate Studios went bankrupt back in 2013. How can they still be publishing their own games on Steam?
I guess they might still exist as a company that just sells their existing catalog, but might no longer be an active developer (think something like GSC Game World and Parallax, who were also thought to have been dissolved, but still existed in some form).
infinitee8: Oh man oh man. Already salivating at the thought of playing Civ 2! This would leave me speechless.
smrtgi19: Technically A call to power is on gog and its a sequel to a civ game

Can 2K sell things if they don't own the IP?
They specifically left the Civilization name out of the sequel because they were not entitled to the IP.

I believe Take 2 (Firaxis/2K) owns the rights to the Civilization IP. Civilization: Call to Power is probably murky, legally speaking, and the earlier Civilizations may be, as well, since they were not published by 2K (they are also not available on Steam, last I checked, but that may be due to perceived interest and effort to make them compatible on that service).
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Tallin
smrtgi19: Technically A call to power is on gog and its a sequel to a civ game

Can 2K sell things if they don't own the IP?
Tallin: They specifically left the Civilization name out of the sequel because they were not entitled to the IP.

I believe Take 2 (Firaxis/2K) owns the rights to the Civilization IP. Civilization: Call to Power is probably murky, legally speaking, and the earlier Civilizations may be, as well, since they were not published by 2K (they are also not available on Steam, last I checked, but that may be due to perceived interest and effort to make them compatible on that service).
Civ 3/4/5 is on Steam. Civ 1, CivNet and Civ 2 are not. I'd imagine if Take 2 didn't own the rights to Civ 1 CivNet and Civ 2 those games would be here already.

Civ 1 and CivNet are DOS programs so porting them should be easy. Civ 2 if I remember correctly is 16-bit Windows only and that would take a lot of effort to fix.
yyahoo: I sincerely doubt that GOG made a deal directly with a subsidiary instead of with the parent company, but no one outside of the two entities knows specifically how the deal is structured and which games are available and which aren't. Same with the Activision deal. Just because we haven't gotten any Blizzard games doesn't necessarily mean that GOG needs a deal specifically with Blizzard. It could simply mean that Activision doesn't want to release any Blizzard games on GOG. It's all speculation...
Tallin: I specifically mentioned Blizzard and Rockstar since both companies seem to have more independence in how they handle their game catalogues than other subsidiary companies.

Yes, we don't know for sure that Rockstar games are not included in the deal (though the lack of them and mention only of 2K is telling), but I believe when Activision came on board, a Blue specifically mentioned that Blizzard games were not included in the deal.
Right, but again, we don't know the reason why they're not included. The "independence" may not have anything to do with it... {shrug}
Tallin: the earlier Civilizations may be, as well, since they were not published by 2K
They might have not been originally published by 2K, but the same could be said for the X-Com series and yet, they are here. According to the Patent and Trademark Office, Atari sold Civilization, along with X-Com to Take-Two. In addition, 2K was able to release the Civilization Chronicles compilation which included all Civilization games from 1-4, so the most probable scenario is that 2K hasn't been particularly interested in selling the first two Civilization games thus far. Now that they are here, this might change.
The completionist in me rejoices in seeing the first Freedom Force title and complains because Railroad Tycoon 1 is missing.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by DeMignon
I like TRAINS :)

2K, welcome to GOG.
It would be nice if all of your games have a soundtrack as a goodie.

I bought three bundles. Pirates must wait until i get more money, somehow.
yukiai01: I like TRAINS :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaqZoph265U
With 2K

does that mean we could be seeing the Civilization series? Wait, saw your post a bit late Grargar.

DeMignon: The completionist in me rejoices in seeing the first Freedom Force title and complains because Railroad Tycoon 1 is missing.
If I remember correctly Sid Meier actually released Railroad Tycoon 1 as freeware. I think you will need Dos Box.

http://www.2kgames.com/railroads/downloads.html

There you go.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by CJstratGamer08
CJstratGamer08: If I remember correctly Sid Meier actually released Railroad Tycoon 1 as freeware. I think you will need Dos Box.
There you go.
Nice, thanks for the heads-up!
Though, the completionist in me still demands for the game to be added to GOG (and probably would even pay for it ;-)
CJstratGamer08: If I remember correctly Sid Meier actually released Railroad Tycoon 1 as freeware. I think you will need Dos Box.

That particular download is already packaged and set up to run in DOSbox. There's nothing you have to do yourself outside of installing it.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by InfraSuperman
What's the chance the X-COM games will ever get released with Mac versions?

InfraSuperman: That particular download is already packaged and set up to run in DOSbox. There's nothing you have to do yourself outside of installing it.
Didn't know that 1st one is freeware, thx for info.
InfraSuperman: That particular download is already packaged and set up to run in DOSbox. There's nothing you have to do yourself outside of installing it.
The included DOSBox version (0.65) is dated, though and displays garbled colours in full-screen (at least it does for me on Windows 7 64-bit), so depending on the newness of the system, you might have to use a newer DOSBox version.
These releases were a nice surprise. Saving them for later, except for Freedom Force, had to pick that one up right now.