It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
Hell yeah! I just finished a loooong work day, I was successfull after a week of blockades, and when I come here to see what's up I see this. Best evening in a loong while.

Congrats, GOG.
IronArcturus: Will we see the Civ series in the near future?
infinitee8: Oh man oh man. Already salivating at the thought of playing Civ 2! This would leave me speechless.
Technically A call to power is on gog and its a sequel to a civ game

Can 2K sell things if they don't own the IP?
Post edited March 29, 2016 by smrtgi19
smrtgi19: Technically A call to power is on gog and its a sequel to a civ game

Can 2K sell things if they don't own the IP?
They do own Civilization.
Wow, that would be great if we could see Heavy Metal: FAKK 2 someday! :P
Wow. A major release without any GOOD NEWS™? Nice.

Damn, now I have to decide between the X-Com bundle and the Freedom Force games...
IronArcturus: Wow, that would be great if we could see Heavy Metal: FAKK 2 someday! :P
What about (T)Raumschiff Surprise - Periode 1?
InfraSuperman: Wow. A major release without any GOOD NEWS™? Nice.

Damn, now I have to decide between the X-Com bundle and the Freedom Force games...
Well, I`m kicking some Third Reich butt in a few minutes! :D
Post edited March 29, 2016 by Maxvorstadt
Whaaaaaat??? Kohan II: Kings of War is published by 2K?

If this ever gets here I'm going to have to file for an extended leave of absence and become a Khaldun hermit again.
Post edited March 29, 2016 by WinterSnowfall
Congratulations on getting 2K here, GOG!
The original X-Com games really deserve to be here.

Let's hope you can get more (old and new) of their games here, soon.
Maxvorstadt: What about (T)Raumschiff Surprise - Periode 1?
That game is a lot more entertaining than the shit movie it was based on, but I doubt there's a big market for it.

Maxvorstadt: Well, I`m kicking some Third Reich butt in a few minutes! :D
Awesome. I love that game, and the attention to character detail in it is astounding. Just figuring out all the hommages to classic is an enormous amount of fun.
I just wish the character creator had more options to customize your "new" heroes visually. You can create the craziest, most original characters in terms of abilites, but you have to use one of the existing in-game models to represent them, unless you create a completely new mesh with the modding tools.
WinterSnowfall: Whaaaaaat??? Kohan II: Kings of War is published by 2K?

If this ever gets here I'm going to have to file for an extended leave of absence and become a Khaldun hermit again.
Exactly what I thought. Made me have a look around the internet but I still can't find any news about this. :(

If GOG release "Kohan: Ahriman's Gift" I'll tell everyone I have a serious condition and can't be disturbed for a couple weeks according to my doctor. :P
Post edited March 29, 2016 by Tarm
Tarm: Exactly what I thought. Made me have a look around the internet but I still can't find any news about this. :(
It's not published by 2K on Steam, so at the very least, they no longer have anything to do with it.
Tarm: Exactly what I thought. Made me have a look around the internet but I still can't find any news about this. :(
Grargar: It's not published by 2K on Steam, so at the very least, they no longer have anything to do with it.
Thanks. Even though it might be bad news.
Grargar: It's not published by 2K on Steam, so at the very least, they no longer have anything to do with it.
That's odd, because AFAIK TimeGate Studios went bankrupt back in 2013. How can they still be publishing their own games on Steam?
Tallin: Yes, but the deal is with 2K, so far as I know...

They're owned by the same parent company, but like Activision doesn't mean Blizzard, 2K doesn't mean Rockstar...
yyahoo: I sincerely doubt that GOG made a deal directly with a subsidiary instead of with the parent company, but no one outside of the two entities knows specifically how the deal is structured and which games are available and which aren't. Same with the Activision deal. Just because we haven't gotten any Blizzard games doesn't necessarily mean that GOG needs a deal specifically with Blizzard. It could simply mean that Activision doesn't want to release any Blizzard games on GOG. It's all speculation...
I specifically mentioned Blizzard and Rockstar since both companies seem to have more independence in how they handle their game catalogues than other subsidiary companies.

Yes, we don't know for sure that Rockstar games are not included in the deal (though the lack of them and mention only of 2K is telling), but I believe when Activision came on board, a Blue specifically mentioned that Blizzard games were not included in the deal.
WinterSnowfall: That's odd, because AFAIK TimeGate Studios went bankrupt back in 2013. How can they still be publishing their own games on Steam?
Last I checked, it was a long time ago, the Kohan IP was owned by a former Timegate Studios boss. Who have the publishing rights I don't know.