It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Giving Rock of Ages a go. Pretty fun in short bursts
Attachments:
david.jpg (311 Kb)
Having the well near my staircase is actually a much better design. Plus, it gives me a much larger reservoir. It took a while to dig out, but definitely worth it.

I had a necromancer siege with two necromancers and a host of undead. I was a bit late on starting my military. I closed the drawbridge, and prepared to wait it out. The necromancers move incredibly slowly, but one finally wandered over by my side entrance where my 10 dwarf squad was stationed. None of them yet were axelords or spearmasters, but 10-1 odds... I sent them out to attack him. The lead axedwarf hit him a glancing blow in the leg. Apparently, they can actually run quite fast.
Three of the squad chased after him while the other seven finally gathered outside. That necromancer ran off the screen. While I was following along with the three, a two-humped camel skeleton wandered by and slaughtered the other seven squad members with some help of another skeletal animal. Two Hands made it into the fortress via the side entrance and proceded killing.
I likely could have stopped them, but the undead voracious cave crawlers made short work of that window I thought was a good idea. Don't have any screenshots of that though.
Attachments:
Post edited May 03, 2020 by Gydion
Close to the Sun. So far it feels like a mix of Bioshock and Outlast.
Amulets & Armor
Attachments:
Gydion: Having the well near my staircase is actually a much better design. Plus, it gives me a much larger reservoir. It took a while to dig out, but definitely worth it.

I had a necromancer siege with two necromancers and a host of undead. I was a bit late on starting my military. I closed the drawbridge, and prepared to wait it out. The necromancers move incredibly slowly, but one finally wandered over by my side entrance where my 10 dwarf squad was stationed. None of them yet were axelords or spearmasters, but 10-1 odds... I sent them out to attack him. The lead axedwarf hit him a glancing blow in the leg. Apparently, they can actually run quite fast.
Three of the squad chased after him while the other seven finally gathered outside. That necromancer ran off the screen. While I was following along with the three, a two-humped camel skeleton wandered by and slaughtered the other seven squad members with some help of another skeletal animal. Two Hands made it into the fortress via the side entrance and proceded killing.
I likely could have stopped them, but the undead voracious cave crawlers made short work of that window I thought was a good idea. Don't have any screenshots of that though.
Underground reservoirs for interior wells are always so satisfying to build :) Currently I have 3, building a 4th and planning a 5th

Luckily I'm not in contact with a Tower on my embark, but I do have a morbid curiosity about facing them in battle. Once I'm a bit more settled I'm going to see if I can send a raiding party to one the one tower in my world.

OT, explored a space station last night
Attachments:
starbound.jpg (285 Kb)
Post edited May 03, 2020 by Matewis
Taking the mountain pass.
Attachments:
Moonbeam: Taking the mountain pass.
stylish +1
Time to stomp the bugs again!

God, I love this game way more than I reasonably should.
Attachments:
shadowrun.jpg (172 Kb)
TonyMarqulis: Time to stomp the bugs again!

God, I love this game way more than I reasonably should.
Don't you think that Dragonfall and Hong Kong are better? :) They give more freedom when it comes to selecting next runs. Also there are better dialogues there. I have a feeling that Shadowrun Returns was only a warmup before the next two games.
Post edited May 03, 2020 by Sarafan
Sarafan: Don't you think that Dragonfall and Hong Kong are better? :) They give more freedom when it comes to selecting next runs. Also there's more better dialogues there. I have a feeling that Shadowrun Returns was only a warmup before the next two games.
Everything you say is true, and at the same time it's why I love :Returns the most. Don't get me wrong, I love next installments too, but they have more... generic, game-y feel, if that makes any sense. When I play Dragonfall or Hong Kong, I feel exactly like that - like playing a game. In S:Returns I feel like I'm on a shortstory-novel-game-roleplaying session roller-coaster - it's basically the same every time but it's still amusing as f*ck.

That and, despite much more freedom in later installments, player characters still feel much more pre-made there than in S:Returns. And role-playing characters is a BIG reason I love Harebrained Shadowruns so much.
Post edited May 03, 2020 by TonyMarqulis
The Journey Continues.
Attachments:
shadowrun.jpg (140 Kb)
I found a top secret weapon.
Attachments:
Berzerk2002: I found a top secret weapon.
lol vid with you shooting stuff plz
About to pick my team and delve into Act 3.

EDIT:
Trying to downsize a 2560x1440 screenshot to below 500 Kb so that GOG forums actually accept it sucks. Had to compress it like mad... Where are we, stone age?
Attachments:
Post edited May 04, 2020 by idbeholdME
Radiance1979: lol vid with you shooting stuff plz
I don't have a vid for this. I stumbled across it by total luck. It was a random wall that blew open because I shot a barrel standing next to it.