It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Well done captain Harrison!
Mr.Mumbles: Prepare to die first on your very next mission! =P
Your words turned out to be prophetic sadly... Captain Harrison died saving a fellow soldier. He ran out of his cover towards a dropped shotgun, picked it up and shot down a Harridan about to kill my heavy weapons soldier on the roof of a building. The next turn, being completely exposed, an Andron killed him with a plasma bolt to the side :(

All for naught in the end though. The entire team wiped. Damn Androns :P
tinyE: I seriously need to start that.
It's been installed for two months now.

I think I get intimidated by character builds.
DubConqueror: I just started by picking a character I like and pick skills one at a time as points became available, taking what I found useful from the available slots (or would be useful in the very near future). I found it wasn't necessary nor did I plan a certain build in advance. Just start and go with the flow.

It got me al the way down the first 4 acts, until the game bored me when after a long, long journey, the story takes you back to the shores of Wraeclast at some point, at the beach where you start the game only more powerful and with more powerful monsters to defeat (that was what bored me, I've been on that beach months before, yet now I had an ever toughing going there because the monsters where of a way higher level on the same beach then those months before when I started the game).

*edit: but I had lots of fun inbetween. It's a great recommendation. But for me the game would have been big enough (and my progress would have finished the game) without the two (maybe it's even more now?) expansions.
I wish there was a way to get your party to follow you, like KOTOR or Dragon Age, rather than needing to select all of them EVERY TIME you move.

Is there?
tinyE: I seriously need to start that.
It's been installed for two months now.

I think I get intimidated by character builds.
Best is just to kind of wing it I think. Unless you want to pvp you don't really have to worry too much about your build.
DubConqueror: I just started by picking a character I like and pick skills one at a time as points became available, taking what I found useful from the available slots (or would be useful in the very near future). I found it wasn't necessary nor did I plan a certain build in advance. Just start and go with the flow.

It got me al the way down the first 4 acts, until the game bored me when after a long, long journey, the story takes you back to the shores of Wraeclast at some point, at the beach where you start the game only more powerful and with more powerful monsters to defeat (that was what bored me, I've been on that beach months before, yet now I had an ever toughing going there because the monsters where of a way higher level on the same beach then those months before when I started the game).

*edit: but I had lots of fun inbetween. It's a great recommendation. But for me the game would have been big enough (and my progress would have finished the game) without the two (maybe it's even more now?) expansions.
tinyE: I wish there was a way to get your party to follow you, like KOTOR or Dragon Age, rather than needing to select all of them EVERY TIME you move.

Is there?
Aren't you talking Pillars of Eternity while I am reacting to a post about playing Path of Exile? There's no party members in Path of Exile but for some summonable creatures.
Post edited March 16, 2019 by DubConqueror
tinyE: I wish there was a way to get your party to follow you, like KOTOR or Dragon Age, rather than needing to select all of them EVERY TIME you move.

Is there?
DubConqueror: Aren't you talking Pillars of Eternity while I am reacting to a post about playing Path of Exile? There's no party members in Path of Exile but for some summonable creatures.
I think I just created a monster fucking mess . :P
Please disregard EVERYTHING I have posted.
Post edited March 16, 2019 by tinyE
tinyE: I think I just created a monster fucking mess . :P
You mean everything since you joined in 2012? ;P
tinyE: I think I just created a monster fucking mess . :P
DubConqueror: You mean everything since you joined in 2012? ;P
pretty much
IXOXI: Battle of Bataan
Vythonaut: Been there, done that. ;)
We both ended similarly.
Attachments:
IXOXI: We both ended similarly.
Indeed! I don't know if this is the first time you play the game, but there are some great missions to be fought later as you progress through the campaign.
Vythonaut: Indeed! I don't know if this is the first time you play the game, but there are some great missions to be fought later as you progress through the campaign.
This is my first time, but I am looking forward to next missions. So far it is good.
- Trying to recover a crashed corvette ufo and using a lot of incendiary grenades to mess with the sebilians heat vision.
A very unexpected surprise was provided by an early reaper, which has a ton of movepoints and kills any soldier in one hit :P

- But luckily I managed to get it unconscious, courtesy of two very brave shield carriers and their stun battons. Off to the research lab with you for that sweet +10% damage modifier!
Attachments:
reaper.jpg (318 Kb)
Attachments:
ch.jpg (490 Kb)
ciemnogrodzianin is evidently playing a Sid and Marty Krofft Production. :P
First online game I could get into since Ultima Online. Sadly it got dumbed down during the restart.
Attachments:
blubb.jpg (213 Kb)
Post edited March 19, 2019 by sanjihan
Grammar nazi. :)
Attachments:
typo.jpg (213 Kb)