It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"A Bird Story" also runs without the Steam client (at least the Linux version does).
DCG83: The Windows version of Arma Tactics is DRM-free as well. Tested on Windows 7.
You've got to be careful calling anything on steam DRM free around here. It's like a call to arms for the crazies, and they come in here and derail this thread with rants about how nothing on steam can be DRM free.

Saying that you can play without the client is less provocative for some reason, even though the client is the DRM.
hummer010: even though the client is the DRM.
Then skip the client.
Please not again....
Can Oceanhorn be played without the Steam client running? I found that in another list.
Given Steam's new refund policy, I'm surprised more of these games haven't added a requirement for the Steam client to be running. When the refund policy was announced, I just assumed, "No more DRM-free Steam games" but that hasn't been the case.
Does someone know if Freedom Planet is running without Steam?
aJillSandwich: Given Steam's new refund policy, I'm surprised more of these games haven't added a requirement for the Steam client to be running. When the refund policy was announced, I just assumed, "No more DRM-free Steam games" but that hasn't been the case.
I think the majority of people that might be interested in abusing the refund policy in this manner probably already have alternate sources for obtaining their games for "free", and which they consider more convenient to use. I could be wrong, of course, but given some information I've seen floating around with respect to refund rates hovering around 1-2% for most games it doesn't seem to be too significant an issue... and hopefully it will stay that way!
Thanks for the updates; ARMA Tactics has been updated, and A Bird Story has been added for Linux.

hummer010: even though the client is the DRM.
JMich: Then skip the client.
That's actually still the client, it's just a command line version of it. All of the same restrictions/non-restrictions are still in place.
Post edited September 14, 2015 by pedrovay2003
aJillSandwich: Given Steam's new refund policy, I'm surprised more of these games haven't added a requirement for the Steam client to be running. When the refund policy was announced, I just assumed, "No more DRM-free Steam games" but that hasn't been the case.
the.kuribo: I think the majority of people that might be interested in abusing the refund policy in this manner probably already have alternate sources for obtaining their games for "free", and which they consider more convenient to use. I could be wrong, of course, but given some information I've seen floating around with respect to refund rates hovering around 1-2% for most games it doesn't seem to be too significant an issue... and hopefully it will stay that way!
Glad to hear it. I remember reading about some developers who were afraid Steam's new refund policy was going to significantly damage their business, and I'm glad it hasn't happened.
I have a request, if anyone has the time: I can't for the life of me get Amnesia: The Dark Descent to run without Steam in Linux. The Windows version works fine, but the Linux version always gives me an error about Steam needing to be running. Can anyone else get it going?
pedrovay2003: I have a request, if anyone has the time: I can't for the life of me get Amnesia: The Dark Descent to run without Steam in Linux. The Windows version works fine, but the Linux version always gives me an error about Steam needing to be running. Can anyone else get it going?
Im testing like 50 games tonight on my steam client - btw you didnt update steam wiki with my titles from august double checking today will list shortly, its fun buying cheap steam keys and noticing alot are drm free..cheers:)

Agis
Swapware Games
pedrovay2003: I have a request, if anyone has the time: I can't for the life of me get Amnesia: The Dark Descent to run without Steam in Linux. The Windows version works fine, but the Linux version always gives me an error about Steam needing to be running. Can anyone else get it going?
Swapware1: Im testing like 50 games tonight on my steam client - btw you didnt update steam wiki with my titles from august double checking today will list shortly, its fun buying cheap steam keys and noticing alot are drm free..cheers:)

Agis
Swapware Games
Oh, shoot, I just saw your earlier post; it got lost in the sea of people talking about other stuff. I'll update the wiki as soon as I get up in the morning. Thanks for reminding me!
MarkoH01: I have bought Deus Ex GOTY a while ago and after patching it I did not need Steam Client anymore.
Just looked for it on the wiki page and it's still not listed.
MarkoH01: I have bought Deus Ex GOTY a while ago and after patching it I did not need Steam Client anymore.
ET3D: Just looked for it on the wiki page and it's still not listed.
I tried it myself but it worked after I have patched it to the German version so I don't know if this is the same for the international version. I'd have to try it and maybe I will when I find the time. I'll keep you informed.