It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Day one releases incoming, while Galactic Civilizations III & Galactic Civilizations II arrive with GOG Galaxy support.

The award-winning space-strategy developers, Stardock, are joining GOG.com for a long-term cooperation to bring their catalog of best, upcoming, and unannounced releases aboard our DRM-free freighter. Lift off!

There is plenty of greatness to look forward to - our upcoming releases will include Offworld Trading Company™, Servo and Ashes of the Singularity, as well as future unannounced projects; all coming on day one - all complete with full support for GOG Galaxy, including achievements, multiplayer, leaderboards and more.

We'll also be releasing the best of the Stardock catalog, so stay tuned for: Sins of a Solar Empire®: Trinity, Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Sorcerer King, and more.

We're starting out with with:
<span class="bold">Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition</span> - available 75% off at launch.
<span class="bold">Galactic Civilizations III</span> - ready with a cargo of extra content including: Revenge of the Snathi DLC, Mega Events DLC, Map Pack DLC, and Original Soundtrack - all available at 60% off in a single pack, or 50% off separately.

So come and join us aboard the DRM-free freighter, our trip through Stardock's many space and strategy universes is about to get prolific!
Another company that I thought I was done with, and now this?? Hell is freezing...

I had few titles on impulse - I redeemed a copy Sins of solar empire that came with gaming magazine long time ago, and I purchased the first expansion and Titan quest after that. But after I found GoG, I just downloaded my installers (both are/were at the time effectively DRM free - password protected 7z with the password being account name. And some hassle to enter the needed information into registry by hand) and abandoned them. I have no idea if my account is still valid there, or they just retained my address, but yesterday when I got e-mail from Stardock announcing remake of Star control, my only reaction was "meh, Impulse/Steam only as usual, thanks but no, into the spam you go".

I probably won't be buying anymore galciv games, I tried the first one and it wasn't that impressive, but I'm sure some of the other promised titles will be worth of day 0 purchase.
high rated
Islanti: Whoops! We missed that in our updates. I pointed it out to our web folks so we get that corrected.

For the record, OTC will be available on GOG as a GOG game, no Steam involved.

-Adrian from Stardock
Maxvorstadt: Ah, thanks for the info! :-) So all Stardock games will be published here without Steam connection and Stardock registration?
Without Steam yes. Registration is never required to play. BUT
(you knew this was coming right?)
BUT for certain features of older games, such as Galactic Civilization II, you need an account. For example, In GalCiv2 posting game results requires a Stardock account. That's so we can associate your game results with your profile. If you don't want those game results recorded you don't need to register and can play the complete game.

Newer games such as Galactic Civilization III, Sorcerer King, and future titles integrate with GOG Galaxy to enable game reporting automatically using your GOG account. GOG Galaxy isn't required though; without it we don't report those games to the Metaverse.

TL;dr - Classic games may require registration for game reporting. Everything for our modern games is available via GOG but for the full experience we recommend playing with GOG Galaxy.

-Adrian from Stardock's Metaverse Team
Post edited November 20, 2015 by Islanti
Maxvorstadt: Ah, thanks for the info! :-) So all Stardock games will be published here without Steam connection and Stardock registration?
Islanti: Without Steam yes. Registration is never required to play. BUT
(you knew this was coming right?)
BUT for certain features of older games, such as Galactic Civilization II, you need an account. For example, In GalCiv2 posting game results requires a Stardock account. That's so we can associate your game results with your profile. If you don't want those game results recorded you don't need to register and can play the complete game.

Newer games such as Galactic Civilization III, Sorcerer King, and future titles integrate with GOG Galaxy to enable game reporting automatically using your GOG account. GOG Galaxy isn't required though; without it we don't report those games to the Metaverse.

TL;dr - Classic games may require registration for game reporting. Everything for our modern games is available via GOG but for the full experience we recommend playing with GOG Galaxy.
Hm, is it possible to transfer the GalCiv account from the steam version to the GoG version? Or is it even possible to register a game two times at Stardock?
Post edited November 20, 2015 by Maxvorstadt
high rated
Maxvorstadt: Hm, is it possible to transfer the GalCiv account from the steam version to the GoG version? Or is it even possible to register a game two times at Stardock?
Transfer: Not yet. ;-)

If you own GalCiv3 on Steam and GOG... first, thanks! Second, assuming you're using GOG Galaxy currently you'll end up with two entries in the Metaverse - one for each account. There's no registration though. We associate it with your Steam / GOG account (via Galaxy) automatically. The way we figure it no one wants to make yet another account or remember another password!

With the GalCiv2 metaverse you could use the same Stardock account for both versions and your stats would be combined.

First Kalypso releases Tropico 5 here, and now this. Great stuff! It's one thing for a company to put some of their older games on GOG, but what's far better is when they fully commit by bringing their newest stuff here.
i been around awhile in gaming ( atari 2600 when i was a kid so i been around and know what has past these years)
boarding? i thought i saw a review for a Stardock game dated 2013?
i saw 3 reviews rating the first game so they were onboard a little sooner i guess?
Theres also a little text left out in the min. requirements:

i checked it 10 times but what is the min. gpu the game needs? i cant seem to find it
as for now it seems it does not require a graphics card
can you please add the min. req. gpu?

Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10 64-bit ONLY
Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD K10 Dual-Core Processor
Memory: 4 GB RAM DirectX 10
Hard Drive: 12 GB HD space
DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Broadband connection for Internet multiplayer
Mouse, Keyboard

Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10 64-bit ONLY
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 or Equivalent Processor
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: 1 GB DirectX 10.1 Compatible Video Card
Hard Drive: 15 GB Hard Disk Space
Mouse, Keyboard

page screenshot
Attachments:
Islanti: snip
Hey, great to see you around her! Much appreciated! :)

I'm not sure if you're going to answer this but I'll try anyway:
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion: Will GOG users be able to play together with Steam users? If yes, how is that going to work?
Post edited November 20, 2015 by ShadowOwl
Painted_Doll: When will Stardock let us to redeem their games that are on our Stardock account on Gog ?
That would be great, but I don't expect it to happen. It would be nice to have a truly DRM free version of the games I own already. After they sold off Impulse it was odd, some games stayed with Impulse while others were available through Stardock with the activation check. Then steam only thing happened with the Elemental game sequels (I got all due to preordering Elemental and keeping it after it was subpar at release). Though I own the Fallen Enchantress games on Steam, I've never played them - and it always bothered me that they went from semi-DRM free to Steam.

I may finally try Sins Rebellion though.

Edit: After checking my Stardock account, it looks like most are available as downloads there now. Before I think it was only GalCiv 1, but I don't remember for sure.
Post edited November 20, 2015 by cdnred
Marioface5: First Kalypso releases Tropico 5 here, and now this. Great stuff! It's one thing for a company to put some of their older games on GOG, but what's far better is when they fully commit by bringing their newest stuff here.
agree 100%... its also nice to have some new stuff thats on the market, thank you GOG.
i myself will probably be buying most old games , cause my old pc cant play the modern games properly, and a lot has 3d engines and other heavy 3d motion involved stuff,(and my brain cant handle that properly :D) so for now i be waiting for 'new' old (flat/2d) games to arrive, or some new ones like annas quest, or broken sword 5.
Post edited November 20, 2015 by gamesfreak64
ShadowOwl: Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion: Will GOG users be able to play together with Steam users? If yes, how is that going to work?
Multiplayer communities for GOG games will be separate. We have some plans in the early stages to address this but I can't promise anything.

Post edited November 20, 2015 by Islanti
Cifer29: Great to see them here. Not sure if I will get Gal Civ 3 since I have it on Steam and am a bit short on money atm (so I sure wishlist it) but I sure as hell get going to get Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. Hope it will relase soon.
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes ? sounds very familiar

:D i have it , got it at sales at GG (steam stuff unfortunately also needed extra stardock account aswell i believe)
thats were i drew the line, no more external accounts and drm and who knows what more et phone home business, i just want to be able to play a honestly bought game, i stick drm free anytime.

I never installed it or played it when i also read the 2nd account i had to make, its to much of a bother.
Gaming is:
buy game, download game, install game, playgame: without hassle so thats why i am such a gog fan, sorry but i hate DRM, cant help that.
I can accept and understand that loads of people love and hug drm, but i cant.
high rated
gamesfreak64: can you please add the min. req. gpu?
We'll get this sorted out with the GOG team. In the mean time here you go:
Minimum: 512 MB DirectX 10.1 Video Card (AMD Radeon HD5x00 Series / Nvidia GeForce 500 Series / Intel HD 4000 or later)

Recommended: 1 GB DirectX 10.1 Video Card

gamesfreak64: i been around awhile in gaming ( atari 2600 when i was a kid so i been around and know what has past these years)
boarding? i thought i saw a review for a Stardock game dated 2013?
i saw 3 reviews rating the first game so they were onboard a little sooner i guess?
Theres also a little text left out in the min. requirements:

i checked it 10 times but what is the min. gpu the game needs? i cant seem to find it
as for now it seems it does not require a graphics card
can you please add the min. req. gpu?

Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10 64-bit ONLY
Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD K10 Dual-Core Processor
Memory: 4 GB RAM DirectX 10
Hard Drive: 12 GB HD space
Mouse, Keyboard

Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10 64-bit ONLY
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 or Equivalent Processor
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: 1 GB DirectX 10.1 Compatible Video Card
Hard Drive: 15 GB Hard Disk Space
Mouse, Keyboard
gamesfreak64: page screenshot
I'm not anyone official BUT the game was playable on a 550 ti-just don't expect to have a high framerate. Anything after that should be fine. I jumped from that 550 ti to a GTX 970 and on insane sized maps I get 60 fps. PS: the RAM requirement is probably a medium-to large map with 4-5 AI. In this game you need more RAM to do better. Any how, the GTX 600 series or AMD equivilant to the GTX 700 series (I am probably guessing high on the AMD for decent framerate) should get you a decent framerate.
:D i saw some very nice (unfortunately all 3d) but very good looking games coming up
watched some tube videos and it looks really top, i bet many users will love these games.
so I expect many wallets to be emptied.

Mine unfortunately stay shut for a while, havent seen anything yet that fits me, but i keep hoping a miracle happens :D
Excellent news, welcome stardock. Can't wait for the Sins' series to come out on GOG.