It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not a fan of the prequels but I loved the teaser which I saw for the first time today. I only hope they loose the lightsaber hand guard in the final product.
Enough with the lightsaber hate already. It looks almost exactly like a historical Longsword for crying out loud! What the heck is wrong with that?
Tarm: Enough with the lightsaber hate already. It looks almost exactly like a historical Longsword for crying out loud! What the heck is wrong with that?
I for one ain't gonna walk up to a Sith and say "Yo dude, that's a daft looking weapon!".

...even if I had Connor MacLeod standing next to me.
gamefood: Edit: Concerning Germany... we will arrive to the dumb level soon (or already arrived?) Take a look e.g. on that prestige project BER, this crappy "airport" near Berlin... Nevertheless quite amusing the whole thing. :)
Hmm... You mean they had a look at Germany again for the new films and the New Republic already mastered the German art to build things "new and broken" instead of "new and shiny"? Interesting theory ;)
Tarm: Enough with the lightsaber hate already. It looks almost exactly like a historical Longsword for crying out loud! What the heck is wrong with that?
agogfan: I for one ain't gonna walk up to a Sith and say "Yo dude, that's a daft looking weapon!".

Connor MacLeod is literally a hack. Most of the time he just chops and hacks at the foe. A cool badass dude in spite of that. :)
agogfan: ...even if I had Connor MacLeod standing next to me.
The guy who takes Force Lightning for a refreshment? Badass!
agogfan: I for one ain't gonna walk up to a Sith and say "Yo dude, that's a daft looking weapon!".

Tarm: Connor MacLeod is literally a hack. Most of the time he just chops and hacks at the foe. A cool badass dude in spite of that. :)
OK, OK then... fine!

...even if I had Chuck Norris standing next to me ;)
Tarm: Connor MacLeod is literally a hack. Most of the time he just chops and hacks at the foe. A cool badass dude in spite of that. :)
agogfan: OK, OK then... fine!

He belongs to the Empire. Their new secret planet killer. ;)
agogfan: ...even if I had Connor MacLeod standing next to me.
real.geizterfahr: The guy who takes Force Lightning for a refreshment? Badass!
That's a good point!

OK, so if I had Chuck and Connor standing next to me, maybe... just maybe... I'd tell that Sith his weapon looks cr@p...

...providing I can run a lot faster than Chuck and Connor!
real.geizterfahr: The guy who takes Force Lightning for a refreshment? Badass!
agogfan: That's a good point!

OK, so if I had Chuck and Connor standing next to me, maybe... just maybe... I'd tell that Sith his weapon looks cr@p...

Throw in some red shirts too and you've got a plan!
agogfan: OK, OK then... fine!

Tarm: He belongs to the Empire. Their new secret planet killer. ;)
Hey now, you better watch out what you say about Chuck :O

He's so strong he'd use this entire thread to floss.
agogfan: That's a good point!

Tarm: Throw in some red shirts too and you've got a plan!
Whaaaaat.... you're talking Star Trek on a Star Wars thread!!!

Heresy!

But in this case, that's a good plan!
Post edited November 30, 2014 by agogfan
Tarm: He belongs to the Empire. Their new secret planet killer. ;)
agogfan: Hey now, you better watch out what you say about Chuck :O

Even he would find it difficult to chew all the Grumpy Old Gamers here. We're kinda leathery, sinewy and hard to keep down :P
agogfan: Hey now, you better watch out what you say about Chuck :O

Tarm: Even he would find it difficult to chew all the Grumpy Old Gamers here. We're kinda leathery, sinewy and hard to keep down :P
Add a couple of Grumpy Old Star Wars fans too, and he's going to really have indigestion!
Crosmando: What annoyed me about the end of the prequels is how the Imperial officers just appear out of nowhere, I mean if the Stormtroopers are all clones OK but where did the human officers come from? And if all Stormtroopers aren't clones why do they only recruit humans?
Although the largest fighting force would be the clones for good reason, i'm sure it's merged with the normal military. But the sheer size... You're probably talking less than 10% non-clones, and they would either be high level officers or something else. I'd be unnerved around a squad of clones and the odd one out... But a decorated officer can get away with it, either different uniform, or qualifications.

Course in the animated series of the clone wars, the officers were usually the Jedi they were accompanying. Hmmm i really wish the animated series wasn't cancelled... i was actually enjoying it far more than any of the movies.
Hahaha! This makes me laugh :P But curiously it looks less stupid than with the cross guard...

If they are going to have a cross guard, having it more like a steep V shape would make more sense, not only protect the wielder, but protect the electronics from getting cut in half.
Post edited November 30, 2014 by rtcvb32
rtcvb32: Course in the animated series of the clone wars, the officers were usually the Jedi they were accompanying. Hmmm i really wish the animated series wasn't cancelled... i was actually enjoying it far more than any of the movies.
The first animated series by Genndy Tartakowsky was great, so great in fact in got my hyped about Episode III against all reason and logic. But the new CGI series was bad, very bad most times. If I never see or hear of Ashoka again it will be too soon. There were a few good episodes, but in turn those did not really feel like Star Wars (Landing at Point Rain comes to mind), and they were far too few and far between. The new Rebels series started off very well, then suffered a bad drop in quality, and so far did not recover, but it still feels more like Star Wars than the previous one. The CGI is crap however, really cringe worthy. I wish Tartakowsky would make more Star Wars cartoons in-between episodes of the new trilogy.