It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Elmofongo: But its a Borg related episode so it might have some good action?
Emob78: You would be mistaken. Besides, watching Star Trek TNG for good action would be like watching a documentary on 18th century agrarian government policies and hoping to see some titty.
Well not so much as Star Trek Nemesis level of action but at least some tense and dramatic thriller level moments.
Emob78: You would be mistaken. Besides, watching Star Trek TNG for good action would be like watching a documentary on 18th century agrarian government policies and hoping to see some titty.
Elmofongo: Well not so much as Star Trek Nemesis level of action but at least some tense and dramatic thriller level moments.
Then you'll probably like Starship Mine. Picard gets stuck on the Enterprise by himself while a gang of space pirates attempt to ship-jack everything. It's kind of a Diehard in space combo. Only without machineguns or Germans screaming at people... and it's only 30 minutes long.
Elmofongo: So I am now on Season 6 of TNG. So close to DS9 I can taste it.

So what are the best episode of Season 6 to expect and the worst?
Other than what Emob mentioned I also love Tapestry, one of my favourites. It's kinda sorta time travel, but not in the usual way, and I think you should like it too. Frame of mind is very good too, especially when watched for the first time.Secon Chances is strange but interesting, and I like Timescape like I like all episodes that introduce the crew dealing with a strange new sci-fi phenomena. You will probably also like Rightful Heir. The biggest problem with that one is that it just gets sort of forgotten and swept under the rug despite how prominent Klingons are in DS9.

As for the worst, you already know about Rascals, and you'll probably hate A Fistful of Datas, and rightly so...
But I don't hate Descent. It's definately poorer than most season finales in TNG, but I would not say it's alltogether bad.
Post edited June 26, 2015 by Breja
And about those ?
Telika: And about those ?
Not reading most of that list since I have not yet seen DS9 yet so no need to spoil myself.
Elmofongo: So I am now on Season 6 of TNG. So close to DS9 I can taste it.

So what are the best episode of Season 6 to expect and the worst?
Breja: Other than what Emob mentioned I also love Tapestry, one of my favourites. It's kinda sorta time travel, but not in the usual way, and I think you should like it too. Frame of mind is very good too, especially when watched for the first time.Secon Chances is strange but interesting, and I like Timescape like I like all episodes that introduce the crew dealing with a strange new sci-fi phenomena. You will probably also like Rightful Heir. The biggest problem with that one is that it just gets sort of forgotten and swept under the rug despite how prominent Klingons are in DS9.

As for the worst, you already know about Rascals, and you'll probably hate A Fistful of Datas, and rightly so...
But I don't hate Descent. It's definately poorer than most season finales in TNG, but I would not say it's alltogether bad.
Also you forgot to reply to my post about I, Borg (which is a good episode)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/star_trek_fans_explain_to_me_this_question/post566
Post edited June 26, 2015 by Elmofongo
The list is atleast missing 'In the Pale Moonlight' but otherwise it's a good list. Some really great episodes on it.
Post edited June 26, 2015 by ElTerprise
Elmofongo: Also you forgot to reply to my post about I, Borg (which is a good episode)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/star_trek_fans_explain_to_me_this_question/post566
Well, you were not even finished watching the episode :P And I was not sure what you meant, honestly.
ElTerprise: The list is atleast missing 'In the Pale Moonlight' but otherwise it's a good list. Some really great episodes on it.
But it's spoiler-tastic for DS9, so I advise Elmofongo not to read it!
Post edited June 27, 2015 by Breja
Breja: But it's spoiler-tastic for DS9, so I advise Elmofongo not to read it!
Yes that's right but i just wanted to mention that this episode is missing there imho. But didn't Elmofongo already posts that he won't read it to avoid spoilers?
Elmofongo: Also you forgot to reply to my post about I, Borg (which is a good episode)

Breja: Well, you were not even finished watching the episode :P And I was not sure what you meant, honestly.
ElTerprise: The list is atleast missing 'In the Pale Moonlight' but otherwise it's a good list. Some really great episodes on it.
Breja: But it's spoiler-tastic for DS9, so I advise Elmofongo not to read it!
Well I have seen the whole episode now.

I was talking about the criticism of the Borg Queen as a kind of retcon of what the Borg is suppose to be portrayed.

The ending of I,Borg from what I interpret it justifies the Borg Queen's existance.
Elmofongo: The ending of I,Borg from what I interpret it justifies the Borg Queen's existance.
The thing is, First Contact states that the Queen existed all along, and a "version" of her was even on the Borg Cube from The Best of Both Worlds.
Elmofongo: The ending of I,Borg from what I interpret it justifies the Borg Queen's existance.
Breja: The thing is, First Contact states that the Queen existed all along, and a "version" of her was even on the Borg Cube from The Best of Both Worlds.
Ah.

Well looking at it at face value it still makes sense. Because so far into TNG I have not seen THAT much of the Borg's origin. Or the complete inner workings of it.
Elmofongo: Ah.

Well looking at it at face value it still makes sense. Because so far into TNG I have not seen THAT much of the Borg's origin. Or the complete inner workings of it.
The way it's done in First Contact actually works, in the sense it does not contradict anything we know but rather expands on it, and is explained well enough to work within the "hive mind" idea of the Borg. It's in the later season of Voyager that I remember it going really wrong, with the Queen being shown (by desing or bad writing, I'm not sure, maybe rewatching those episodes will shed some light on it) as more of a individual, a single villain in charge of the Borg rather than an emanation of the hive mind.
Post edited June 27, 2015 by Breja
Elmofongo: Ah.

Breja: The way it's done in First Contact actually works, in the sense it does not contradict anything we know but rather expands on it, and is explained well enough to work within the "hive mind" idea of the Borg. It's in the later season of Voyager that I remember it going really wrong, with the Queen being shown (by desing or bad writing, I'm not sure, maybe rewatching those episodes will shed some light on it) as more of a individual, a single villain in charge of the Borg rather than an emanation of the hive mind.
Well after finishing TNG I am gonna see all the remaining movies first.
Look to enjoy season 7. There's an episode called 'Rebel within' where Jefferson Davis gets teleported to the future and hijacks a Federation battle cruiser. He then hires an army of Confederate Vulcans to assist him in enslaving the Borg. But the Enterprise captures him and his ship, and Picard then spends the last 15 minutes of the show explaining to Captain Jefferson Davis why artificial life is sentient and deserves its own respect and appreciation. Jefferson Davis then spends the ending of the show hugging and kissing various retarded wheelchair-bound black robot Borg and finally he learns the meaning of Christmas.
Emob78: Look to enjoy season 7. There's an episode called 'Rebel within' where Jefferson Davis gets teleported to the future and hijacks a Federation battle cruiser. He then hires an army of Confederate Vulcans to assist him in enslaving the Borg. But the Enterprise captures him and his ship, and Picard then spends the last 15 minutes of the show explaining to Captain Jefferson Davis why artificial life is sentient and deserves its own respect and appreciation. Jefferson Davis then spends the ending of the show hugging and kissing various retarded wheelchair-bound black robot Borg and finally he learns the meaning of Christmas.
Watching episode 4 season 6 of TNG.

"Gasp"

SCOTTY :DDDDDDDDD

Long time no see old TOS friend :)