It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telika: And well, really, fuck that. Fuck those people. Creepy old farts, all of them... I already wasn't fond of star trek, they kinda disgust me of star wars aswell. Seriously, urgh.

Back to galaxy quest with me. But if they ever make a sequel, "galaxy quest 50 years later", i guess the humour will be much much darker.
Breja: No, please stay! Tell us more about how terrible all those people you don't know shit about are.
Sorry, they are awesome admirable people. What was I thinking, being influenced by their yearlong video trollwars and the quality of their arguments. They saved the solar system so many times, how dare I.
Breja: No, please stay! Tell us more about how terrible all those people you don't know shit about are.
Telika: Sorry, they are awesome admirable people. What was I thinking, being influenced by their yearlong video trollwars and the quality of their arguments. They saved the solar system so many times, how dare I.
Galaxy Quest?
Telika: Sorry, they are awesome admirable people. What was I thinking, being influenced by their yearlong video trollwars and the quality of their arguments. They saved the solar system so many times, how dare I.
Elmofongo: Galaxy Quest?
No no. All the events of Galaxy Quest are true. Let's not mix everything up !

I was sarcastically pointing out at the fact that, if the authors of these little trollwars (self-praising videos and everlasting bitter feud through medias) were not related to some popular scifi series, if they were just youtubers, they would be (quite rightfully) dismissed as morons after 2 minutes of viewing for each one. But because they have the star trek aura (people's emotional attachment to the fictional characters and universe they incarnated), they get excused much more than any unknown blogger or pundit who would be ranting at the same level.
Elmofongo: Galaxy Quest?
Telika: No no. All the events of Galaxy Quest are true. Let's not mix everything up !

I was sarcastically pointing out at the fact that, if the authors of these little trollwars (self-praising videos and everlasting bitter feud through medias) were not related to some popular scifi series, if they were just youtubers, they would be (quite rightfully) dismissed as morons after 2 minutes of viewing for each one. But because they have the star trek aura (people's emotional attachment to the fictional characters and universe they incarnated), they get excused much more than any unknown blogger or pundit who would be ranting at the same level.
Personally DeForest Kelly seems the more humble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgcE6NxgrEc
Elmofongo: Personally DeForest Kelly seems the more humble:

well uh he has been dead since 1999
Elmofongo: Personally DeForest Kelly seems the more humble:

snowkatt: well uh he has been dead since 1999
I know that?

But did he participated in what Telika described as "Troll Wars?"
snowkatt: well uh he has been dead since 1999
Elmofongo: I know that?

But did he participated in what Telika described as "Troll Wars?"
No, of course. A lot of people didn't. I was slightly nauseated by the indirect arguments between a few of them, and didn't assume it was some epidemic involving every each actor and technician in the show(s).

Quite a few actors (even playing star trek characters that I'm not fond of) seem decent fun guys in interviews, videos, etc. But there's something strikingly unhealthy about the attitude and relationships of some of them...
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Telika
Telika: Quite a few actors (even playing star trek characters that I'm not fond of) seem decent fun guys in interviews, videos, etc. But there's something strikingly unhealthy about the attitude and relationships of some of them...
Not everyone loves all of their co-workers. In fact, most people have some issues with some of the people they have to work with at one time or another. And that's without the media trying to make headlines out of that. There were so many actors (not to mention directors and producers) involved in Star Trek over the years, of course there would be some conflict. That does not make them bad people or "creepy old farts". They are supportive of their fans, engage in charity and human rights work, and from what I know most of those problems have been resolved, or simply faded with time.
Breja: Not everyone loves all of their co-workers. In fact, most people have some issues with some of the people they have to work with at one time or another. And that's without the media trying to make headlines out of that. There were so many actors (not to mention directors and producers) involved in Star Trek over the years, of course there would be some conflict.
We're not talking of media headlines. We're talking of enduring self-satisfied nasty little attacks decades after the last shared set. Seriously, have you actually watched the creepy little vlogs things and mutual comments thrown at each others ? Reminds me of the little competitive trollwars within the tiny parallel community of french self-important youtubers. It's absolutely pathetic. Have you seen the shatner guy's passive-agressive jabs at takei, full with the little pauses for spectators to "see what he did there", have you checked the level of the "jokes" made at each others expenses, have you witnessed the beaming complicity of a takei when he offers another shatner comment to the ever encouraging journalists ?

Can you watch [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTr5SGuS7F8]like that and not just cringe at the whole spectacle ? And get out of it with your respect and admiration intact ? Makes you want to play with them ?

Let's just put it that way. These are people that make me want to get up and go sit at another table. But again, I see them as just people, not childhood heroes. I don't think that such kind of attitudes are commonplace amongst actors (many exemples of lasting public feud of that sort ?), and I don't see anything classy, neither on takei's insistance's side (it's funny a couple of times and then I understand shatner getting annoyed on the long term), nor on shatner's hypocritical appeasement speeches (riddled with little self-satisfied tackles). Seriously, this is lameness at a spectacular scale.

I was originally intending to candidly ask here about these feuds and tensions, then I supposed that I should be checking it myself instead. But after a few bits of interviews and video initiatives of that kind, I decided I had had enough of that. Got an idea. It smells. Too painfully embarrassing to watch for me. Don't care enough to rummage deeper.

Now, if already established fans continue to find everyone related to their series completely marvellous, well, it's their problem.
Telika: But again, I see them as just people, not childhood heroes. I don't think that such kind of attitudes are commonplace amongst actors (many exemples of lasting public feud of that sort ?),
There are not many examples of actors working together for that long.

I see them as people too (and as childhood heroes also in a way), and that is why I'm forgiving. Real people have vices too. They did so much great work, not just as actors, but like I said with charity, human rights, and supporting the fandom, should I really hate them because the were not always and at all times paragons of virtue, and disregard oall their good work because of some stupid shit on YT? And since Shatner and Takei have put their arguments behind them, so I think I can do the same.
Telika: But again, I see them as just people, not childhood heroes. I don't think that such kind of attitudes are commonplace amongst actors (many exemples of lasting public feud of that sort ?),
Breja: There are not many examples of actors working together for that long.

I see them as people too (and as childhood heroes also in a way), and that is why I'm forgiving. Real people have vices too. They did so much great work, not just as actors, but like I said with charity, human rights, and supporting the fandom, should I really hate them because the were not always and at all times paragons of virtue, and disregard oall their good work because of some stupid shit on YT? And since Shatner and Takei have put their arguments behind them, so I think I can do the same.
So I am watching I,Borg of Season 5 TNG.

If it is going the way I think its ending I say the episode justifies the existance of the Borg Queen in First Contact when it comes to "individuality" within the Borg.
Post edited June 26, 2015 by Elmofongo
Sam2014: I enjoyed the episodes that brought back the original characters,
no matter the series.

I do not recall all of the cameos and appearances,
here's some:

Scotty in Relics - TNG
Sulu in Flashback - Voyager
Capt Archer goes to TOS - Enterprise

Even the original stars in the fan made shows are enjoyable

One of the best, most all the TOS stars in Futurama
snowkatt: and off course you forget to mention the best one
troubles and tribbleations
So I am now on Season 6 of TNG. So close to DS9 I can taste it.

So what are the best episode of Season 6 to expect and the worst?
snowkatt: and off course you forget to mention the best one
troubles and tribbleations
Elmofongo: So I am now on Season 6 of TNG. So close to DS9 I can taste it.

Relics, Chain of Command, Ship in a Bottle. Season ending 'Descent' two-parter was shit. That whole thing smelled of Data's human ego component kicking in.
Elmofongo: So I am now on Season 6 of TNG. So close to DS9 I can taste it.

Emob78: Relics, Chain of Command, Ship in a Bottle. Season ending 'Descent' two-parter was shit. That whole thing smelled of Data's human ego component kicking in.
But its a Borg related episode so it might have some good action?
Emob78: Relics, Chain of Command, Ship in a Bottle. Season ending 'Descent' two-parter was shit. That whole thing smelled of Data's human ego component kicking in.
Elmofongo: But its a Borg related episode so it might have some good action?
You would be mistaken. Besides, watching Star Trek TNG for good action would be like watching a documentary on 18th century agrarian government policies and hoping to see some titty.