It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jetarr: One of your near-psychic pattern GOGetters: Can you venture a qualified guess as to when we'll se QfG, Time Commando, RoT (2013) and Deponia?
afaik, we cannot predict that, can only deduce the next game to be up less than ~50% of the time.
Post edited May 13, 2014 by deleuz
deleuz: Alan Wake went very quickly in round 2
Yeah I know, I actually meant the 2nd Alan Wake. :)
I'm just waiting for Grimm. I missed it the first two time ether due to work or sleep.
UniversalWolf: Thanks to everyone who worked on this thread.

I can't help thinking Wasteland 1 will be tough to appreciate for most of you who aren't used to 1980s computer game mechanics. And that's without all the floppy swapping you had to do back in time. Computers used to be hard to operate, you understand.

Is Aarklash good? If so, why? I keep seeing people mentioning it, so I ask.
I can find Wasteland tough to appreciate at times and I played the hell out of it when I was younger. Graphics have never been important to me but interface and layout can make all the difference for a game.

Aarklash is heavily sought after due to the current discount. Mixed reviews on the game but it looks right up my alley!
genkicolleen: Hey, Sinistar, have you started a new wishlist entry for the next Insomnia sale? XD
foxworks: See...I'm not the only one :D
As soon as we enter the cooling off period from this one. Which is exactly the moment when this one ends. :)
jetarr: One of your near-psychic pattern GOGetters: Can you venture a qualified guess as to when we'll se QfG, Time Commando, RoT (2013) and Deponia?
deleuz: afaik, we cannot predict that, can only deduce the next game to be up less than ~50% of the time.
Awwwwww.... Well I'll just forego sleep entirely and hang around with you awesome people instead :D
If anyone has a spare key to Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space it would be greatly appreciated.
Well, looks like there are no copies of Riven floating around. Seeing how there's no way I'm going to wait around days-upon-days (at this rate) to save $4.50, I guess I'll either pay full price or just hold off altogether.
I think I got everything I wanted within the first two rounds. Man, that was quite the day of multi tasking!
A few more minutes, and then I'm off for the night - summary to follow in the morning.

Tue, 13 May 2014 23:08:02 UTC: Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition - 80% off ($1.19) - 600
UniversalWolf: Thanks to everyone who worked on this thread.

I can't help thinking Wasteland 1 will be tough to appreciate for most of you who aren't used to 1980s computer game mechanics. And that's without all the floppy swapping you had to do back in time. Computers used to be hard to operate, you understand.

Is Aarklash good? If so, why? I keep seeing people mentioning it, so I ask.
Tarnicus: I can find Wasteland tough to appreciate at times and I played the hell out of it when I was younger. Graphics have never been important to me but interface and layout can make all the difference for a game.

Aarklash is heavily sought after due to the current discount. Mixed reviews on the game but it looks right up my alley!
All this talk is going to make it go very fast and hard to get more than 1 copy :P
Hmm, the Duke. Is Vampire next?
Bet Vampires is next
high rated
Windebieste: [...]

I'd rather have a full range of 100 titles in unlimited volume available for 24 hours at 50% off.

[...]
IIRC, you get this type of sale at least three times a year here on GOG, not just for 24hrs, but for the duration of the sales and with almost their whole catalogue on offer. You also get it every single weekend, and usually with higher discounts than 50%. And then there are also the Classic Gem Promos (every Monday) and the Indie Gem Promos (every Wednesday) that run for 24hrs with no volume limitations and usually at higher discounts as well.

As stated during the previous Insomnia Sale - not every single kind of sales appeals to every single person on GOG, nor is it necessary to. It's definitely appealing to a good number of people, i.e. it's targeting that specific customer base and it's working well.
I really don't get the frustration over this particular type -it's not mandatory to participate and it's quite easy to ignore.

Just my 2c
No one's keeping track anymore?