It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: They already have an awards show. :)
foxworks: It's a toss up...that or E3? Hmmmmm....i'm torn.
Both will feature the same amount of socially inept males and anatomically aberrant females. So it really comes down to what kinds of breakthroughs in recreational hardware you most want to see. ;)
Tekkaman-James: True, but that's why the award would be named after dear ol' Jack. Keane is already immortalized in the award itself and the recipients are those games that live up to his excellence.
I'm not talking about the Spring Insomnia sale and the 2014 Keane Award. budejovice asked whether there was a game that challenged Jack Keane 2 for the crown on the Fall Insomnia sale. The answer is that, while games like Retro City Rampage and Eador: Masters of the Broken World took considerable hours to sell out, none of them sported a mere 100 copies, but somewhere about 500+ copies.
Grargar: I'm not talking about the Spring Insomnia sale and the 2014 Keane Award. budejovice asked whether there was a game that challenged Jack Keane 2 for the crown on the Fall Insomnia sale. The answer is that, while games like Retro City Rampage and Eador: Masters of the Broken World took considerable hours to sell out, none of them sported a mere 100 copies, but somewhere about 500+ copies.
Ah, my mistake. Carry on. :P
high rated
IAmSinistar: [...]

Be afraid. Also, wash your mouse now.
Wash my mouse? Eh... why? My hand was the only one touching it... or wasn't it?

IAmSinistar: Both will feature the same amount of socially inept males and anatomically aberrant females. So it really comes down to what kinds of breakthroughs in recreational hardware you most want to see. ;)
Oh boy, do I need to remind you that we have minors here? ;-P
IAmSinistar: [...]

Be afraid. Also, wash your mouse now.
HypersomniacLive: Wash my mouse? Eh... why? My hand was the only one touching it... or wasn't it?

IAmSinistar: Both will feature the same amount of socially inept males and anatomically aberrant females. So it really comes down to what kinds of breakthroughs in recreational hardware you most want to see. ;)
HypersomniacLive: Oh boy, do I need to remind you that we have minors here? ;-P
lmao
Grargar: I'm not talking about the Spring Insomnia sale and the 2014 Keane Award. budejovice asked whether there was a game that challenged Jack Keane 2 for the crown on the Fall Insomnia sale. The answer is that, while games like Retro City Rampage and Eador: Masters of the Broken World took considerable hours to sell out, none of them sported a mere 100 copies, but somewhere about 500+ copies.
You are correct. I don't know that any game will ever truly challenge Jack for the throne, especially now that GOG has had two sales over which to hone their game. Jack is the Citizen Kane (or Plan 9) of Insomnia games, and his legend may never be equaled in that regard.
HypersomniacLive: Oh boy, do I need to remind you that we have minors here? ;-P
If they can decode my verbiage and innuendo, then they already possess the wisdom to handle the truths contained within. ;)
Post edited May 19, 2014 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: You are correct. I don't know that any game will ever truly challenge Jack for the throne, especially now that GOG has had two sales over which to hone their game. Jack is the Citizen Kane (or Plan 9) of Insomnia games, and his legend may never be equaled in that regard.
Ahhh, too bad...\i was looking forward to one beating his record. Be able to get some sleep then!
IAmSinistar: They already have an awards show. :)
This makes me recall the philantropic man in "Contact" when he says something like "..why build only one, when you can build two for double the price" :D
IAmSinistar: You are correct. I don't know that any game will ever truly challenge Jack for the throne, especially now that GOG has had two sales over which to hone their game. Jack is the Citizen Kane (or Plan 9) of Insomnia games, and his legend may never be equaled in that regard.
You are wrong. Jack Keane is not the Citizen Kane of games. Citizen Kane is the Jack Keane of films!
Jack Keane 2 reviews.
Grargar: You are wrong. Jack Keane is not the Citizen Kane of games. Citizen Kane is the Jack Keane of films!
Jack Keane 2 reviews.
I do not wish to ask about Jack's Rosebud. :/
I don´t know why but that made me recall a beauty contest in "Futurama" where there was a big sign outside that said something like "No more than 80% body plastic" :P
Now begins the rants on how video games going Hollywood is the bane of the industry
Grargar: You are wrong. Jack Keane is not the Citizen Kane of games. Citizen Kane is the Jack Keane of films!
Jack Keane 2 reviews.
But....but.... :D
LoboBlanco: But....but.... :D
Hehehe...
I wonder if Novotnus will make a new fabulous fanart giveaway.
Its perverse and a bit strange, but in a way I'd like to see a game one day out-Keane Jack. Strange because I still recall the eye-straining, head-clouding nocturnal pain of seeing that counter moving so damn slowly, and perverse because in a peculiar way I actually enjoyed it.

Maybe because it prolonged the sale, maybe because my wiring is a bit skewed, I don't know, but there was something pleasurable and particular about it, so much so that we're still talking about it in lauded tones months later and holding it up as an example to be admired.

I mean, just imagine the unimaginable and another game came along and took even longer to offload a hundred units...

How much awe would that generate?
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Stilton