It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 90% off several nightmarish treats: Layers of Fear, Stories Untold, Downfall Redux, Realms of the Haunting, Pathologic Classic HD, and more!

Fear lives in the unknown, the unsettling, the darkness lurking within and around us. It can poison the mind and paralyze the body but it can also be exhilarating, almost cathartic in those moments where you -temporarily- break free of its clutches and survive to scream another day. The freshly released <span class="bold">Outlast 2</span> and the fast approaching <span class="bold">Little Nightmares</span> offer drastically different flavors of horror, so to celebrate their coming we've put together a large selection of diverse but undeniably effective Haunted Horrors, going for up to 90% off!

A teenage angst story with a supernatural twist, lovely art, smart dialogue, and lite puzzle-solving. That's Oxenfree, the unsettling adventure set in an abandoned island whose angry spirits won't let go. Unless you let them go.

Mortals are not meant to see what lies beneath The Last Door. It's a place of madness and despair, from whence ancient horrors slowly extend their tendrils to reach the most unfortunate or misguided of us. And yet, as long as the door remains closed, you can't help but wonder what it would be like to get juuuust a quick glance...

Hide from stalking nightmares and seek the exuberance that only overcoming your fears can provide in our terrific selection of Haunted Horrors, containing lingering experiences like Oxenfree, Layers of Fear, Sanitarium, Pathologic Classic HD, Fran Bow, and more!

The <span class="bold">Haunted Horrors Sale</span> will last until April 30, 10:00 PM UTC.
How has Alone in the Dark series aged?
supplementscene: How has Alone in the Dark series aged?
Tough nut to crack, pal. The last game (2008) just wasn't good as the fourth one, I might say.
Can't speak for Illumination since I'm not a fly so I don't usually touch crap - on a daily basis that is ;P
Lots of horror releases and sales this week. You guys at gog wouldn't be up to some further horror releases we don't know about yet would you? Like of the older classic type on Thursday? ;)

Anyways, would anyone suggest The Black Mirror or Dark Fall series? Black Mirror 1 seemed a bit "talky" to me from the videos I watched of it.
Post edited April 25, 2017 by haydenaurion
supplementscene: How has Alone in the Dark series aged?
vicklemos: Tough nut to crack, pal. The last game (2008) just wasn't good as the fourth one, I might say.
Can't speak for Illumination since I'm not a fly so I don't usually touch crap - on a daily basis that is ;P
The most recent game was a total disaster......just like the movie version.

Mixed opinions on the Fourth and Fifth Game. A lot of the fans of the original games did not care for them;and accused the fourth game of being just another Resident Evil clone,but others said they were decent games if you could put aside the Alone In the Dark label.

The first three are masteprieces of the Horror game genre.
Fairfox: Scary wines.

Only one I owneded was Pathologic Classic HD becaaause peeps told me it was fun retardy-weird but it was ass-broke on demand or whatevs teh expression is? Anyhoohar, didn't work with mah compy after installation/upon launch so I was all Fairfoxian about it in a considered wai 'n' refunded liek a nugget. <3 to own it again but what is teh point?
Wy do people think that posting in gibberish is somehow edgy and amusing?
Post edited April 25, 2017 by dudalb
I like the 4th one, I mean it. GBC version, too!

dudalb: The most recent game was a total disaster......just like the movie version.
My god. Movie? Ignorance is a must in this case! :P
I thought the fourth one was an OK game, but it just did not feel like an Alone in the Dark game.IMHO moving it to the modern era lost a lot of the all important atmosphere for the first three games.

As for the movie, it can be summed up in four words: Uwe Boll Directed It. In fact, it was this movie that made Boll's reputation as one of the worst filmmakers who ever lived......

For my personal recommendation for this sale, I pick "Saniatarium".On it's first release, it got very good reviews, but poor sales. But it became a cult favorite, and since then has earned a resptected place as one of the best horror themed adventure games ever made. IMHO, as a pure adventure game, it ranks with Sierra's and Lucasart's best product. Don't miss it.

The "Village of the mIssing Children" level in particular will really weird you out.
Post edited April 25, 2017 by dudalb
haydenaurion: Lots of horror releases and sales this week. You guys at gog wouldn't be up to some further horror releases we don't know about yet would you? Like of the older classic type on Thursday? ;)

Anyways, would anyone suggest The Black Mirror or Dark Fall series? Black Mirror 1 seemed a bit "talky" to me from the videos I watched of it.
I really enjoyed the Dark Fall series, especially the first two games. Unlike The Black Mirror games, you don't really have time-limited puzzles. Dark Fall:The Journal is a classic "creepy" game (as opposed to "jump scares and lots of gore" horror games), and Dark Fall 2: Lights Out is not what it first appears to be, and I mean that in a good way. There isn't a ton of speech in either game.
haydenaurion: Lots of horror releases and sales this week. You guys at gog wouldn't be up to some further horror releases we don't know about yet would you? Like of the older classic type on Thursday? ;)

Black Mirror series is indeed talky, but a pretty good story and characters. Dark Fall series is a spooky walking simulator. Bear in mind though, I like a bit of Most Haunted.

edit: Ninja'd :(
Post edited April 25, 2017 by gloombandit
tinyE: I have Downfall but haven;t played it, should I, or should I snag Redux and go strait to that?
The original is an illustrated text adventure, Redux has animation, voice acting and simpler controls.

Cat Lady goes without saying.

Luned: I really enjoyed the Dark Fall series, especially the first two games. Unlike The Black Mirror games, you don't really have time-limited puzzles. Dark Fall:The Journal is a classic "creepy" game (as opposed to "jump scares and lots of gore" horror games), and Dark Fall 2: Lights Out is not what it first appears to be, and I mean that in a good way. There isn't a ton of speech in either game.
Yeah, Dark Fall seemed a bit more like D or Myst in its design and atmosphere which I like. More "quiet" and eerie so to speak. I remember first seeing it on the old Tech TV/G4 channel show Cinematech ages ago I think and have been interested in it since.

Wasn't aware Black Mirror had any sort of time limits. That series might be something where I try out the first game to see if I like it instead jumping all the way in.
tinyE: I have Downfall but haven;t played it, should I, or should I snag Redux and go strait to that?
gloombandit: The original is an illustrated text adventure, Redux has animation, voice acting and simpler controls.

Cat Lady goes without saying.
Someone told me to play the original, then Cat Lady, then Redux.
deleted
dudalb: For my personal recommendation for this sale, I pick "Saniatarium".On it's first release, it got very good reviews, but poor sales. But it became a cult favorite, and since then has earned a resptected place as one of the best horror themed adventure games ever made. IMHO, as a pure adventure game, it ranks with Sierra's and Lucasart's best product. Don't miss it.

The "Village of the mIssing Children" level in particular will really weird you out.
"Mother is the Way ! "
dudalb: Snagged "Outlast" and it's DLC, "Waxworks" and "The Cat Lady" I have always been curious about "Cat Lady" but not Ten Dollars worth......
amcdermo: Clive Barker's Undying would have been a good fit for the sale: https://www.gog.com/game/clive_barkers_undying
dudalb: There are a number of horror games that would have qualified.
Perhaps, but that one scared the crap out of me.
No Amnesia?