It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
IAmSinistar: "Fight to stay awake as one of your twenty chances at the same game goes by during the Flash Deals!" ;)
HypersomniacLive: Funny how that felt actually - most games got 6 repeats, while a few showed up 2 to 3 times, and Rise of the Triad (2013) made only one appearance.
Ah, were those the stats? Seems about right, though honestly it did feel like some of those games were constantly coming up. I guess it was amplified by waiting for one of those twice-only titles. As well as just hoping they'd throw something new in the mix.
IAmSinistar: Ah, were those the stats? Seems about right, though honestly it did feel like some of those games were constantly coming up. I guess it was amplified by waiting for one of those twice-only titles. As well as just hoping they'd throw something new in the mix.
I put the tracks from Pidgeot's script in a spreadsheet, did a quick count, and then cross-checked my results with RWarehall's count.
Hmm, not even a truly new game today (since there was an AvP giveaway earlier). Was rather hoping titles were queuing up during the sale.
IAmSinistar: Hmm, not even a truly new game today (since there was an AvP giveaway earlier). Was rather hoping titles were queuing up during the sale.
LOL the other sale isn't over for more than a few hours and we've already migrated here again!

Also, I'm sensing a JRPG disturbance in the Force, and I believe we'll have a second release today...

Actually, I'm just stealing donsanderson's sleuthing skills from the Fall Tracker thread.

*edit Nevermind, reading comprehension fail! Looks like it was added to "coming soon" not a new gamercard.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by Ixamyakxim
HypersomniacLive: I hope it pays off during the Winter Sale. (~_^)
Winter Insomnia Sale would be absolutely kickass, kind of unexpected, and a perfect way to appease all of us Keane worshippers after the disappointing lack of sleep deprivation and forum ramblings that came with this last sale. And it would pave the way for Summer Insomnia sale. C'mon, GOG, there's no point in doing it if you're not going to do it for every season!
Chandoraa: Winter Insomnia Sale would be absolutely kickass, kind of unexpected, and a perfect way to appease all of us Keane worshippers after the disappointing lack of sleep deprivation and forum ramblings that came with this last sale. And it would pave the way for Summer Insomnia sale. C'mon, GOG, there's no point in doing it if you're not going to do it for every season!
I don't think so.
IAmSinistar: Hmm, not even a truly new game today (since there was an AvP giveaway earlier). Was rather hoping titles were queuing up during the sale.
Yep. Maybe a LA game like DROIDWORKS!
Chandoraa: Winter Insomnia Sale would be absolutely kickass, kind of unexpected, and a perfect way to appease all of us Keane worshippers after the disappointing lack of sleep deprivation and forum ramblings that came with this last sale. And it would pave the way for Summer Insomnia sale. C'mon, GOG, there's no point in doing it if you're not going to do it for every season!
HypersomniacLive: I don't think so.
And every season would be too much. While I love Insomnia sales I think a good mix of different sales is best and I am not sure I could survive Insomnia every season :D
HypersomniacLive: I don't think so.
This

moonshineshadow: And every season would be too much. While I love Insomnia sales I think a good mix of different sales is best and I am not sure I could survive Insomnia every season :D
Well, I'm not arguing for them to do it for all four seasons within the same year, but they did Fall and Spring last time, and left us hoping for another one this Fall, which was a red herring for when they do Winter and Summer next time, which is the logical next step.

I have no doubt about it now.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by Chandoraa
Fall sale still couldnt beat this :)
Niggles: Fall sale still couldnt beat this :)
Nothing can beat this.
Niggles: Fall sale still couldnt beat this :)
Grargar: Nothing can beat this.
Another Insomnia with the return of Jack Keane 2 might :D
moonshineshadow: Another Insomnia with the return of Jack Keane 2 might :D
That's assuming that Nordic returns...
moonshineshadow: Another Insomnia with the return of Jack Keane 2 might :D
Grargar: That's assuming that Nordic returns...
Of course!
The Return of the Prodigal Son : Jack is Back ;)