It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Neither Origin, nor UPlay have a gifting option. A rather big minus in my book. Even Humble, Groupees, IndieGala and Gamersgate have the option...
wolfsrain: Neither Origin, nor UPlay have a gifting option. A rather big minus in my book. Even Humble, Groupees, IndieGala and Gamersgate have the option...
Another huge problem is if youre not careful you can buy a game you already own. :/
wolfsrain: Neither Origin, nor UPlay have a gifting option. A rather big minus in my book. Even Humble, Groupees, IndieGala and Gamersgate have the option...
NuffCatnip: Another huge problem is if youre not careful you can buy a game you already own. :/
Also true. Also true is the fact that if you buy a DLC pack, sometimes the included DLC's won't show up as owned. I got Sim City Complete Edition 2013 very cheap and the damn thing is nagging me that i do not have the DeLuxe Edition Upgrade (and the Complete Edition includes the said content).
I don't even know why EA keeps Origin going at this point. It hasn't really worked in their favor, save for them not having to pay Valve/GOG money, which in the long run, probably isn't all that much of a dent in their pockets. They only made Origin to spite Valve, let's be honest. If they were to put their newer games on Steam they would probably make a ton of money I guarantee it. They are just too stubborn to admit Origin is a big failure and is a waste on their resources.
Is it me or dit EA actually jack up the frickin' price of the Bioware points? I did a check on the DLC and it's now over 1€ for 100 points. Maybe I'm going mad. :p

And I thought they were shutting down the point system?
I am not fond of DRM clients, but I do find Origin the best, and for the moment necessary.
s
Necessary as in Dragon Age - but I am no longer sure if Dragon Age IV will really be for PC gamers. Wait n see.

And maybe from thence ME4 - though I suck at FPS, and could feel very cold and bothered about the ending. But if Haper Lee was mobbed, I think I can take that ending - whatever it is.

Besides EA not being very true to its PC fan-base, Origin has a very vigorous customer service, Origin asked recently what I thought of them - and I gave a very long rant what was M&KB poor about Inquisition - and that to break through they should partner more with KickStarter projects.

I do not give a toss about Origin or BioWare points - and to say Origin does not have great customer service would be untruthful.

I rather like Origin, even - but this will be very cruel if BioWare cares not for its PC fanbase.

I am no great fan of Inquisition - what a piss-poor port!! And I fear it only gets worse.

However - on customer service, Origin is the best, I find.
Stopped buying EA games after they made all of new ones origin exclusives.
Checked now, this service still thinks your preferred language is determined by your ip lol
vemin: Stopped buying EA games after they made all of new ones origin exclusives.
Checked now, this service still thinks your preferred language is determined by your ip lol
Yeah, even if the client is in English the store is still in Dutch for me. :l
vemin: Stopped buying EA games after they made all of new ones origin exclusives.
omega64: Yeah, even if the client is in English the store is still in Dutch for me. :l
I heared some people tried to buy some games when they were on vacation or buisness trip in asia - that was hardcore!
omega64: Yeah, even if the client is in English the store is still in Dutch for me. :l
vemin: I heared some people tried to buy some games when they were on vacation or buisness trip in asia - that was hardcore!
That should teach them not to buy games there. EA is doing the lord's work. :P
Marginal0: Is it me or dit EA actually jack up the frickin' price of the Bioware points? I did a check on the DLC and it's now over 1€ for 100 points. Maybe I'm going mad. :p

And I thought they were shutting down the point system?
Yep, they raised the prices for those things sometime before Christmas. I checked the Bioware homepage and found that you could still buy the points from there, at the old price which was certainly cheaper. It was kinda hidden, though.
thank you for the heads up :]
TStael: I am not fond of DRM clients, but I do find Origin the best, and for the moment necessary.
s
Necessary as in Dragon Age - but I am no longer sure if Dragon Age IV will really be for PC gamers. Wait n see.

And maybe from thence ME4 - though I suck at FPS, and could feel very cold and bothered about the ending. But if Haper Lee was mobbed, I think I can take that ending - whatever it is.

Besides EA not being very true to its PC fan-base, Origin has a very vigorous customer service, Origin asked recently what I thought of them - and I gave a very long rant what was M&KB poor about Inquisition - and that to break through they should partner more with KickStarter projects.

I do not give a toss about Origin or BioWare points - and to say Origin does not have great customer service would be untruthful.

I rather like Origin, even - but this will be very cruel if BioWare cares not for its PC fanbase.

I am no great fan of Inquisition - what a piss-poor port!! And I fear it only gets worse.

However - on customer service, Origin is the best, I find.
I used to think that the customer service is good. Not anymore. Tried to buy something via PayPal, card was charged, the Origin site glitched and the transaction did not finalized. But the money are in the EA accounts according to my own bank and to PayPal. Had an inquire with the live chat, first advisor was nice and told me that i will get my money back in 8 working days. After 8 days, no money were back. Tried again the support and i was allocated a different advisor, a certain Louise D. that just did not want to contact someone with the right credentials to check why my money are not back. And she kept pouring security questions and repeat that i should contact the bank, despite me explaining several times, that the first thing i did when i've seen my card charged was to check with my bank (i'm paranoid, so sue me). This person did not checked the previous chat log, where i also mentioned that i checked with the bank and she had zero will to help. At the end she did not offered the standard case chat log, nor the standard advisor feedback form.

I've posted my problem on the Answer EA forums and opened a dispute via PayPal. In case that this won't be solved satisfactorily (games in library or moeny back), i will escalate to a claim. After posting my problem in the public forums, i was finally allocated a case officer and given an e-mail address. Hopefully, i will hear something next week. Lesson learned. Never buy from EA anything.
wolfsrain: I used to think that the customer service is good. Not anymore. Tried to buy something via PayPal, card was charged, the Origin site glitched and the transaction did not finalized. But the money are in the EA accounts according to my own bank and to PayPal. Had an inquire with the live chat, first advisor was nice and told me that i will get my money back in 8 working days. After 8 days, no money were back. Tried again the support and i was allocated a different advisor, a certain Louise D. that just did not want to contact someone with the right credentials to check why my money are not back. And she kept pouring security questions and repeat that i should contact the bank, despite me explaining several times, that the first thing i did when i've seen my card charged was to check with my bank (i'm paranoid, so sue me). This person did not checked the previous chat log, where i also mentioned that i checked with the bank and she had zero will to help. At the end she did not offered the standard case chat log, nor the standard advisor feedback form.

I've posted my problem on the Answer EA forums and opened a dispute via PayPal. In case that this won't be solved satisfactorily (games in library or moeny back), i will escalate to a claim. After posting my problem in the public forums, i was finally allocated a case officer and given an e-mail address. Hopefully, i will hear something next week. Lesson learned. Never buy from EA anything.
I heard if you dispute you'll get your account locked. Hopefully you don't have any valuables in your Origin account.

But the same goes for many digital distributors nowadays anyway.
So far, they did not locked it. Probably i've made too much of a fuss. And EA has a branch in my country, so kind of beats me of why we do not have a local customer support. I also prepared a complaint to the Customer Protection and even the bank told me that it will back me up if i decide to file it (they will add the extra documentation of the case).