It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

morrowslant: THANK YOU, that's all I wanted to know.
Anyway, really hoping the V2 game manual comes out for Grimoire. Part of the awesomeness of old-school cRPGs was their super-thick manuals that laid out everything in details for new players.
dgnfly: Now please answer mine considering you feel the need to get non-existing replies and you seem to have a bone to pick with Cleve whining about a post back in 2017. whereas I couldn't give an ass what he does as long as he releases a game. considering you willing to judge him on what he said back then while demanding answers which he himself won't divulge or be clear about. So tell me why would you damnd a standard of Cleve but you won't question or demand the truth or directness from GOG when it comes to the game?
Ok sure.
The statement I was looking for, from Cleve Blakemore, does not exist, according to you. Therefore, I too would like to know the exact reasons why GOG rejected Grimoire from inclusion in the GOG storefront. Sadly GOG has ALSO failed to publicly release their reasons why Grimoire was rejected. Both sides in the argument you created have failed to release statements about business decisions they have made.

Still want your opinion on Grimoire V2 gameplay though, you think a updated V2 manual is required to play it?
richlind33: Why would anyone in their right mind want to sign a contract with someone that has serious mental health issues?
I think this could be more appropriately phrased as: "Why would anyone in their right mind want to sign a contract with someone that has a history of making people butthurt with his internet shitposts?"

richlind33: Sure, GOG *could* bend over backwards here, but why do you *expect* them to do that?
1000+ votes on the wishlist.

But that's the optimist in me talking. The realist is not expecting them to do anything. They'll keep following the RWarehall model of releasing whatever garbage they think will make them the most money and hope for the best in the next quarterly report. Under the current regime, I doubt releases like "Age of Decadence" or "Underrail" would be possible.
richlind33: Why would anyone in their right mind want to sign a contract with someone that has serious mental health issues?
fronzelneekburm: I think this could be more appropriately phrased as: "Why would anyone in their right mind want to sign a contract with someone that has a history of making people butthurt with his internet shitposts?"

richlind33: Sure, GOG *could* bend over backwards here, but why do you *expect* them to do that?
fronzelneekburm: 1000+ votes on the wishlist.

But that's the optimist in me talking. The realist is not expecting them to do anything. They'll keep following the RWarehall model of releasing whatever garbage they think will make them the most money and hope for the best in the next quarterly report. Under the current regime, I doubt releases like "Age of Decadence" or "Underrail" would be possible.
Dedicated shitposters *are* pretty cool, but when you screw the pooch over and over again, I think you have to ask yourself if it was worth it in the end. lol

Obviously the "brilliant" businessman, as you seem to think GoG accepting trash games like this one somehow will miraculously make them millions...

Of course the world is full of fools...

Just the fact that the developer was begging for positive reviews on Steam and it's still only 67% positive speaks to how bad this game really is...
Just a simple question: If it's such a great game, why aren't more interested in the game and why would the dev feel the need to ask/bully for positive reviews?

1000 is nothing and certainly not a paved road for GOG to follow, and you and dgnfly obviously don't get why it is not good business.

Objectivity is surely a commodity that's in decline these days...

PS: and don't confuse objective/constructive criticism/facts with being automatically against something/someone. That's getting really old now.
Post edited June 17, 2019 by sanscript
rjbuffchix: FACT: The Steam audience is not representative of the GOG audience. This has been pointed out to you time and time again, to no avail. I thought today was Father's Day, not Groundhog Day.
babark: I'd be curious if you could find any game at all that is available on both Gog and Steam, that sold well on Gog but didn't sell well on Steam. I don't think such a game exists. In that sense, the Steam audience is perfectly representative of the gog audience.
My point was that the Steam audience isn't representative of the GOG audience because both stores offer very different things and appeal to different types of gamer. While there is overlap, there is also distinct demarcation as you branch out from the center. Think of a Venn diagram.

An old-school dungeon-crawler with "bad" graphics (ones more appealing to me than nearly any indie game, but that aside...), was never going to be mega-successful on a platform like Steam. Yet here, you have people who love this genre and that continue to beg to buy this game here months after the fact.

To me, that says it fits distinctly far on the "GOG" side of the Venn diagram.

This game has been on sale on Steam and is on the list of "DRM-free" Steam games, yet people still want it on GOG. This game has since even been on sale at lower price on itch.io totally DRM-free "out of the box"(er, out of the download link), yet people still want it here on GOG. It could even be argued at this point GOG should release it as a goodwill gesture to hardcore users who continue to want to buy it here, even if it is not a big seller.
sanscript: Just a simple question: If it's such a great game, why aren't more interested in the game and why would the dev feel the need to ask/bully for positive reviews?
The genre is very niche and ironically even more niche in this day and age for NOT including anime theme characters. Asking why more people aren't interested in this game is like asking why more people aren't interested in the Grigsby strategy games. It misses the point. The people that ARE interested remain very interested and are likely the type who have been into the respective genre for decades.

As for why the dev asks for positive reviews, I don't know, ask the dev. I would speculate because review culture is more important in order to stand out on a store like Steam, and it's something their customers value. Personally, I don't really care for reviews in determining my opinion of a game. Count it as another point of difference between Steam and GOG, I suppose.
Post edited June 17, 2019 by rjbuffchix
low rated
dgnfly: Now please answer mine considering you feel the need to get non-existing replies and you seem to have a bone to pick with Cleve whining about a post back in 2017. whereas I couldn't give an ass what he does as long as he releases a game. considering you willing to judge him on what he said back then while demanding answers which he himself won't divulge or be clear about. So tell me why would you damnd a standard of Cleve but you won't question or demand the truth or directness from GOG when it comes to the game?
morrowslant: Ok sure.
The statement I was looking for, from Cleve Blakemore, does not exist, according to you. Therefore, I too would like to know the exact reasons why GOG rejected Grimoire from inclusion in the GOG storefront. Sadly GOG has ALSO failed to publicly release their reasons why Grimoire was rejected. Both sides in the argument you created have failed to release statements about business decisions they have made.

Still want your opinion on Grimoire V2 gameplay though, you think a updated V2 manual is required to play it?
Actually, there is no failed argument considering they gave him the same excuse they give other Small devs '' Too Niche''
But Cleve threw in his personal opinion on the matter which could be true considering if not GOG could easily debunk it but for some reason they won't which is weird if you'd be the one on top and he'd be lying. There is an argument to be made against GOG for not being more upfront let alone truthful to the matter on how their curation works let alone if the curation system is biased.

You seem to be more spinning around the fact that people want a game released here and now you're just stringing it all along with pointless banter. The whole reason there are people whining about other people wanting the game released is that they have some Corporate Shill mentality or else it would be just be something to ignore.

fronzelneekburm: I think this could be more appropriately phrased as: "Why would anyone in their right mind want to sign a contract with someone that has a history of making people butthurt with his internet shitposts?"

The corporate shills seem to be making excuses for GOG cause they can't cope with people wanting a certain game released here. I wonder if they also expect GOG to pull their other crappy classic or titles in general that are allowed here cause they would also fall under low-quality standard of GOG new age curation.
Post edited June 17, 2019 by dgnfly
morrowslant: Ok sure.

dgnfly: Actually, there is no failed argument considering they gave him the same excuse they give other Small devs '' Too Niche''
But Cleve threw in his personal opinion on the matter which could be true considering if not GOG could easily debunk it but for some reason they won't which is weird if you'd be the one on top and he'd be lying. There is an argument to be made against GOG for not being more upfront let alone truthful to the matter on how their curation works let alone if the curation system is biased.

You seem to be more spinning around the fact that people want a game released here and now you're just stringing it all along with pointless banter. The whole reason there are people whining about other people wanting the game released is that they have some Corporate Shill mentality or else it would be just be something to ignore.
There is an easy solution to finding out the truth, dgnfly.
File a freedom of information request in Poland, become a shareholder in GOG Sp. z o.o. 2019, the corporate entity, or just email privacy@gog.com, as per https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212632109-Privacy-Policy
Each of those three options gives you a chance at finding out the Real Reasons Why GOG isn't talking.

If you fail to do any of those three options, and instead continue to rant + move the goalposts every-time someone engages with you about Grimoire in this thread, then you've been one of the Corporate Shill mentality conspiracy theorists that you've ranted about the entire time. [irony]Did not expect this plot twist at all.[/irony]
And even with the weak excuse that Steam users are "so different", although GoG and their sales metrics will know better, that doesn't explain how the supposedly small number of people who would be interested in such a niche throwback title still pan the game. Try again.

There certainly WAS a bit of hype for the game, it's why there were so many wishlist entries for it in the first place and why GoG was in contact with the developer. Then, the game was released...and was very underwhelming.
rjbuffchix: My point was that the Steam audience isn't representative of the GOG audience because both stores offer very different things and appeal to different types of gamer. While there is overlap, there is also distinct demarcation as you branch out from the center. Think of a Venn diagram.
Sure, they offer very different things that appeal to different people. But this isn't that case. The game is already on Steam, and you already made your point earlier that Steam audience isn't representative of gog audience. You didn't have to reiterate that point here, I understood it perfectly fine. I just absolutely disagreed with it in this case, which is why I asked for an example of a game that did badly on Steam, but did well here on gog. There isn't any.

You say people want it here. I don't see that at all.a vocal minority raising a ruckus for political reasons isn't indicative of a want.

There are tonnes of phenomenally successful games on steam with "bad graphics" (Indie games, just like Grimoire, not sure why you imply that as a negative), I very much doubt the graphics are anyone's concern.

You make the point yourself later in the post: The game is so niche that very few people would be interested in it. Fewer people than it would be worth it to bring it to gog for. Bringing on a game isn't free for gog, the whole process costs them money.
RWarehall: And even with the weak excuse that Steam users are "so different", although GoG and their sales metrics will know better, that doesn't explain how the supposedly small number of people who would be interested in such a niche throwback title still pan the game. Try again.

There certainly WAS a bit of hype for the game, it's why there were so many wishlist entries for it in the first place and why GoG was in contact with the developer. Then, the game was released...and was very underwhelming.
Add in the fact that the Steam User-base is 25x larger than the GOG User-base at minimum. Even with that massive Steam User-base, Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar currently has 397 reviews on the Steam storefront. Going to be very generous and estimate only 5% to 10% of the people who bought Grimoire on the Steam storefront left a review. No idea if that estimation of Grimoire purchasers to Grimoire reviewers ratio is correct, or how many reviews have been allegedly taken down at Golden Era Games request(allegedly).

Given all the theory-crafting above, GOG's internal lifetime sales forecasts on Grimoire, even (generously) assuming everyone who bought Grimoire on the Steam platform would re-buy Grimoire on GOG...guessing those sales forecast numbers were high three figures.
low rated
dgnfly: Actually, there is no failed argument considering they gave him the same excuse they give other Small devs '' Too Niche''

morrowslant: There is an easy solution to finding out the truth, dgnfly.
File a freedom of information request in Poland, become a shareholder in GOG Sp. z o.o. 2019, the corporate entity, or just email privacy@gog.com, as per https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212632109-Privacy-Policy
Each of those three options gives you a chance at finding out the Real Reasons Why GOG isn't talking.

If you fail to do any of those three options, and instead continue to rant + move the goalposts every-time someone engages with you about Grimoire in this thread, then you've been one of the Corporate Shill mentality conspiracy theorists that you've ranted about the entire time. [irony]Did not expect this plot twist at all.[/irony]
In other words your more butthurt about me complaining about GOG curation system in their forum cause it hurts your corporate shill mentality. Also, I already contacted them multiple times on their support but it seems they don't care about being upfront and seem to be more in line with your stupid excuses constantly simply stating that GOG is now for snobs that feel that Indie hipster garbage but old school RPG isn't. You need to care about corporate Image to be a shill considering I side with no company that sure makes it hard to be a shill like you who seems to make up excuses for a company.

You seem pretty far up GOG considering you demand users take legal action or suddenly invest in a company that seems to care little about its customers. You truly are the hallmark of a Corporate shill making up stupid shit that is impossible for a customer. but then again corporate shills love to make up impossible shit to make it seem like they are making a valid point.

All those users even bothering to complain about users who want a certain game are nothing more than corporate shills cause there is nothing wrong in wanting a game released but for people like you it seems like the end of the world cause you can't cope with your storefront to be called out for its bullshit. You won't see me being like the loser you are complaining simply cause some users wanting a game and making up excuses why it isn't released, I'd rather side with the people who want a certain game released regardless of me being interested in the game I would even support buying it.
Post edited June 17, 2019 by dgnfly
which country is this weird dude from?
Fairfox: which country is this weird dude from?
Blakemoria, Land of the Incline + Internet Trolls, is my best guess.
rjbuffchix: My point was that the Steam audience isn't representative of the GOG audience because both stores offer very different things and appeal to different types of gamer. While there is overlap, there is also distinct demarcation as you branch out from the center. Think of a Venn diagram.
babark: Sure, they offer very different things that appeal to different people. But this isn't that case. The game is already on Steam, and you already made your point earlier that Steam audience isn't representative of gog audience. You didn't have to reiterate that point here, I understood it perfectly fine. I just absolutely disagreed with it in this case, which is why I asked for an example of a game that did badly on Steam, but did well here on gog. There isn't any.
You can say I am failing to justify my claim but I feel that is colored by flawed criteria. I don't think looking at the reviews in that way tells the real story. To me it is saying correlation=causation, which is not necessarily the case.

babark: You say people want it here. I don't see that at all.a vocal minority raising a ruckus for political reasons isn't indicative of a want.
Political reasons? Far from it. My reasons for wanting this game here: I love the genre, want more games like this, and want GOG to get more games like this so I will support even though I already purchased the game DRM-free elsewhere.

Also. Not every game that GOG sells is going to be the next Diablo or Cyberpunk that rockets up the sales charts. That is okay. Me and others demanding this game are not s-posting, there is genuine desire for this particular niche game.

babark: You make the point yourself later in the post: The game is so niche that very few people would be interested in it. Fewer people than it would be worth it to bring it to gog for. Bringing on a game isn't free for gog, the whole process costs them money.
Would be curious to know your thoughts on the game Opus Magnum. Which iirc has fewer wishlist entries, and was rejected initially for being too niche. Cheers.