It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

goral: So it turns out GOG has financial problems: https://kotaku.com/facing-financial-pressures-gog-quietly-lays-off-at-lea-1832879826

Serves you right for not allowing quality games like Grimoire.
Asbeau: Haha

We could raise more revenue for GOG by passing a hat around the forum than Grimoire would have generated.
Oh, it would have raked in *some* money, at least..., unlike a crapton of, um, "titles of questionable quality" GOG has been releasing of late and paying dearly for it, if you haven't read the news yet...

It's a genuinely fun game that had a lot of heart poured into it, people who grew up playing Wizardry, World of Xeen etc. would greatly appreciate its "retro" appeal, imaginative world and gameplay mechanics. All it needs is some extra publicity, which the site formerly known as "Good Old Games" could definitely provide. Alas, this place is but a shadow of what it used to stand for.
Phaidox: Beyond pathetic.
GOG have no problems selling games one can only describe as "pure junk" to put it mildly, but a game that successfully captured the spirit of absolute classics like Wizardry? Oh noes, "too niche" for us.

Nothing lasts forever, I guess. GOG's going to the dogs of late.. rapidly.
same with Aeon Of Sands wich has been declined by gog, but we get stuff like Monster Prom instead.
Describe Aeon Of Sands in two sentences, without linking a youtube video.
Not much we can do about it other than keep on voting for it.
Which, by accumulating the necessary critical mass of X votes could actually possibly maybe result in GoG reconsidering their initial decision.
goral: So it turns out GOG has financial problems: https://kotaku.com/facing-financial-pressures-gog-quietly-lays-off-at-lea-1832879826

Kelefane: If its so quality, then why are the sales of it hot garbage over on Steam? Furthermore, Cleve has changed the price of that game twice already. Started off at 39.99 --->19.99--->9.99. Nobody does that if the sales are good. Its desperation.
Well, there's also the fact that Cleve is a posterior orifice.

Asbeau: Haha

We could raise more revenue for GOG by passing a hat around the forum than Grimoire would have generated.
Or CDProject could sue ResetEra for harrassing their employee.
Kelefane: If its so quality, then why are the sales of it hot garbage over on Steam? Furthermore, Cleve has changed the price of that game twice already. Started off at 39.99 --->19.99--->9.99. Nobody does that if the sales are good. Its desperation.
DTravel: Well, there's also the fact that Cleve is a posterior orifice.
Just what kind of sad loser doesn't play a game because he has has some personal issues with the developer? Whenever you play a new game, do you go on twitter and facebook and try to track down if the lead developer ever said anything you disagree with politically?
Post edited February 28, 2019 by Crosmando
DTravel: Well, there's also the fact that Cleve is a posterior orifice.
Crosmando: Just what kind of sad loser doesn't play a game because he has has some personal issues with the developer? Whenever you play a new game, do you go on twitter and facebook and try to track down if the lead developer ever said anything you disagree with politically?
Just what kind of an idiot would go into an agreement with an erratic (at best) and immature developer with a "little-boy"-complex, for a game that has been in development for 25 years that still isn't as good as the developer think it is, and doesn't sell as good as reality-twisted fanbois want it to do?

Unlike many here who would rather cry foul play and resort to ad hominem and conspiracy-theories (which by the way are more like hypothesises), the politics don't matter here, only the developers demeanour AND the sales statistics.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by sanscript
sanscript: Just what kind of an idiot would go into an agreement
What "agreement", paying twenty bucks for a game? I probably earn more than that for a few minutes of work, meanwhile you have obviously spent a lot longer than that thinking and being mad about Cleve, so who is really the person with the personality problem here? Cleve is living in your head rent-free, lol!

with an erratic (at best) and immature developer with a "little-boy"-complex
Who cares? There's plenty of developers out there who are pretty weird, eccentric or whatever, it has nothing to do with the quality or lack thereof of their games.

for a game that has been in development for 25 years
Not really relevant considering that the game has only semi-recently been available on Steam, who cares how long Cleve worked on the game for before that.

that still isn't as good as the developer think it is,
Wait, you're telling me that a creative person is overrating their own creative work?! Say it isn't so! I'm sure this is the first time this has ever happened in history!

and doesn't sell as good as reality-twisted fanbois want it to do?
Who cares whether the game sells well or not, as GAMERS all that matters is if we personally enjoy it or not.

Unlike many here who would rather cry foul play and resort to ad hominem and conspiracy-theories (which by the way are more like hypothesises), the politics don't matter here, only the developers demeanour AND the sales statistics.
Come on dude, you're about as transparent as glass, you obviously have a problem with Cleve's right-wing politics and this is what is fueling your demented crusade against him, you don't care about Grimoire you care that he likes Trump or whatever, that’s the only thing that could explain your anger toward a person you’ve never even met.

The fact of the matter is, Grimoire is an actually fun oldschool CRPG though, it has heaps of content, a really great character system with many classes, races, skills and character builds possible, the artwork is fantastic too. It’s a true successor to Wizardry 7. But sure, keep wasting your time being angry, while I keep doing things I enjoy.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by Crosmando
Crosmando: Come on dude, you're about as transparent as glass, you obviously have a problem with Cleve's right-wing politics and this is what is fueling your demented crusade against him, you don't care about Grimoire you care that he likes Trump or whatever, that’s the only thing that could explain your anger toward a person you’ve never even met.

The fact of the matter is, Grimoire is an actually fun oldschool CRPG though, it has heaps of content, a really great character system with many classes, races, skills and character builds possible, the artwork is fantastic too. It’s a true successor to Wizardry 7. But sure, keep wasting your time being angry, while I keep doing things I enjoy.
*facepalm*

LOL! If we really are going to label the whole left-vs-right fasade, I'll bite; I actually agree with most of things that the so-called "right-side"s politic stands for (with the exception of the whole abortion thing), so you actually lost that one my friend. Try again.

And for the record, I've personally nothing against the game coming here, because I actually believe in personal freedom of choice.

You see, I would rather let people choose rather than spewing ad hominem and throw shit at opponents :P
sanscript: And for the record, I've personally nothing against the game coming here, because I actually believe in personal freedom of choice.

You see, I would rather let people choose rather than spewing ad hominem and throw shit at opponents :P
Fair enough, my comment was directed less at you and more at all the ppl in this thread who think Grimoire shouldn't come to GOG because Cleve is a nasty mean man rather than the quality of the game.
Crosmando: Fair enough, my comment was directed less at you and more at all the ppl in this thread who think Grimoire shouldn't come to GOG because Cleve is a nasty mean man rather than the quality of the game.
Well, it's not as simple as that, and that's exactly what we do disagree on about right now. I can't speak for others, but what I wrote was more of an (possibly) understanding of why GOG rejected the game. And sadly, that's when the cry babies comes out and just "demands" that the game comes here. No matter what they say, do and at what cost.

I, personally, would never (politics aside) go into an contract with a person who's known to be unstable and erratic, especially when it's a product that doesn't sell good enough. I mean, it might be worth it IF the game sold really well, but that's not the case here. It's a risk/job vs reward calculation, how it would affect them in media etc, especially when GOG already is having a lot on their plate.

tl;dr: A car dealer wouldn't take in a car that doesn't sell well/fast enough, especially when it's made by an unknown company, OR if it's from a company that is known to be erratic publicly (Seriously, no one cares what they do or like privately, or they have a secret society with food-fetishes :P )

That said, GOG really should refrain from using the word "niche" forever ever again :)
Post edited February 28, 2019 by sanscript
Crosmando: Just what kind of sad loser doesn't play a game because he has has some personal issues with the developer? Whenever you play a new game, do you go on twitter and facebook and try to track down if the lead developer ever said anything you disagree with politically?
sounds like neoGAF and resetERA bunch
frankly I don't care about developers
what about those who can hide their dirt?
and publishers are worse kind to me
In case it hasn't been mentioned, Grimoire is now available on Itch.io DRM free for 9.95.
low rated
PetrusOctavianus: In case it hasn't been mentioned, Grimoire is now available on Itch.io DRM free for 9.95.
Thanks. Bought it there, better than supporting GOG anyway.