It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HappyPunkPotato: I'm sure the bloke who grabbed my wrists and asked some other bloke to undo my dress and the bloke who grabbed the back of my neck and tried to force me to give him a blow job would agree with you too. Not saying that you (or the vast majority of men) are like that or that men don't also get harassed. But if it's a choice between that or not looking sexy I'll go with not.
This is a rather peculiar and intimate thing to just bring up out of the blue on a gaming forum.

But I'll humour you and say that it actually happened. I sincerely hope you reported this case to the proper authorities. Hopefully - and with a little bit of divine justice involved - your assailants are now the ones having their wrists grabbed and being forced to give blowjobs in some dingy prison cell.

But then again, your location displays as United Kingdom, so the brave and valiant coppers probably had more pressing issues on their mind, such as getting teenage boys busted for half a decade for shitposting edgy memes in the internet.

Hey, anyone remember that one time when Prince Harry caught some flak for dessing up in a nazi uniform at some party? I wonder why he didn't end up in jail over that, but I guess in the United Cuckdom, different standards apply to people of royal blood than to the common peasantry.
LootHunter: This is not an explaination. You're just repeating feminist narrative: women depicted attractive, ergo they are portrayed as objects, ergo female players can't enjoy such games. None of which makes any sense.

ALL characters in games are by definition "objects" with which you interact.
HappyPunkPotato: It's a perfectly good explanation because it's how I feel (and not just a feminist narrative). It's why I don't enjoy a lot of games as much as I might.

As for the "object" bit, you're taking it too literally and have missed what I meant. But there's probably no point trying to explain any of this to someone with "I wouldn't even rape you" under their username.

This is all off-topic anyway. I originally replied to someone who said most game protagonists were male because males were most likely to play them. I pointed out that maybe it's not that games were designed for men because women didn't play them but that women didn't play games because they were designed for men.
Would you agree that we should should all be able to play the kinds of games we want to, and should stop trying to control each other?
low rated
fronzelneekburm: snip
How do you add icons to your forum "title"/signature? Like checkbox mark you have.
HappyPunkPotato: I'm sure the bloke who grabbed my wrists and asked some other bloke to undo my dress and the bloke who grabbed the back of my neck and tried to force me to give him a blow job would agree with you too. Not saying that you (or the vast majority of men) are like that or that men don't also get harassed. But if it's a choice between that or not looking sexy I'll go with not.
Everywhere you look there are signs that humanity is failing. But for women, it is harder to look away and pretend not to see. For this reason, I think women are braver than men. Emotionally. And tougher. Because they have to be. But we'd best keep this to ourselves, lest they piss themselves with rage. :o
Damn fine stories you got here

(despite the fact that the original question has been answered 6 pages ago)
Attachments:
tell-me.jpg (383 Kb)
low rated
AWG43: Damn fine stories you got here

(despite the fact that the original question has been answered 6 pages ago)
Who is this replying to? Very confusing it is.

Also some people like to tlak about a topic even after the original "question" has been "answered"...that's just how it sometimes is. :)
GameRager: Also some people like to talk about a topic
Yes, I 100% agree with this.
low rated
GameRager: Also some people like to talk about a topic
AWG43: Yes, I 100% agree with this.
I take it you don't like to do so(by your choice of underlining)? o.0

If so, why bother posting? :|
low rated
AWG43: Yes, I 100% agree with this.
GameRager: I take it you don't like to do so(by your choice of underlining)? o.0

Well, I didn't say that. I just agreed with you that only some people like to stay on topic. And what I would like is this thread to be locked already, but who cares right? :)

I also liked some post here, especially "role-playing a victim" stories and the continuation of them with "how I understand you :)" These stories was goddamn hilarious (i am not sure if I picked the right word though).
AWG43: And what I would like is this thread to be locked already, but who cares right? :)
Hi, OP here.
I care.
And because of that I contacted two blues on June, 12th (!) already to get the thread locked.

Problem: I never heard back from any of them, and - as you can see - the derailed thread is still open.

Here's what I wrote to them (in case it's of any interest to you):

Hello,
Sorry to disturb you, but I wanted to ask, if you could delete or at least lock this thread of mine: gog.com/forum/general/slightly_disappointed_about_v_being_depicted_as_a_male_figure_in_the_collectors_edit ion ... apparently, most people misunderstood the intention behind it, and the whole thread took a course in a direction, that I never intended it to take.
Thank you in advance. Much appreciated!
BreOl72
low rated
GameRager: I take it you don't like to do so(by your choice of underlining)? o.0

AWG43: Well, I didn't say that. I just agreed with you that only some people like to stay on topic. And what I would like is this thread to be locked already, but who cares right? :)
Better to leave the rotting, flyblown corpse to blowing in the wind for a time, or the lesson may go unlearned. :o
AWG43: And what I would like is this thread to be locked already, but who cares right? :)
BreOl72: Hi, OP here.
I care.
And because of that I contacted two blues on June, 12th (!) already to get the thread locked.

Problem: I never heard back from any of them, and - as you can see - the derailed thread is still open.

Here's what I wrote to them (in case it's of any interest to you):

Hello,
Sorry to disturb you, but I wanted to ask, if you could delete or at least lock this thread of mine: gog.com/forum/general/slightly_disappointed_about_v_being_depicted_as_a_male_figure_in_the_collectors_edit ion ... apparently, most people misunderstood the intention behind it, and the whole thread took a course in a direction, that I never intended it to take.
Thank you in advance. Much appreciated!
BreOl72
Try to contact Ashleee or JudasIscariot. I hope I can post their usernames here since I can't rich you through private conversation. Judas works with stickies most of the time (as far as I know) but I'm sure he can help you with locking your thread.

Edit: trying to snip a post. How do you snip a post, by the way.
Post edited June 20, 2019 by AWG43
AWG43: Try to contact Ashleee or JudasIscariot. I hope I can post their usernames here since I can't rich you through private conversation. Judas works with stickies most of the time (as far as I know) but I'm sure he can help you with locking your thread.
Want to take a guess, which two blues I have contacted? ;D
AWG43: Try to contact Ashleee or JudasIscariot. I hope I can post their usernames here since I can't rich you through private conversation. Judas works with stickies most of the time (as far as I know) but I'm sure he can help you with locking your thread.
BreOl72: Want to take a guess, which two blues I have contacted? ;D
Nah, i'm bad at guessing :D
BreOl72: Want to take a guess, which two blues I have contacted? ;D
AWG43: Nah, i'm bad at guessing :D
This one might be easier than you think... ;)