It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: How did I miss that? :P I changed my post. :D
C'mon, it wasn't necessary. I just replied to you to get to see the "enhanced" version with the micro transactions.
Wasn't actually berating you. Stand your ground, dude! :P
stg83: Ah, so that is why EA won worst company in America two years straight. I am really not surprised because this trend of micro transactions in sixty dollar games certainly isn't a coincidence but a well thought out plan to exploit consumers.
It's why Ubisoft usurped them as worst company because of their goal to turn $60 consumers into $200 consumers through DLC and microtransactions..
If people keeps buying DLC's, game developers will continue to split even more parts of the games to sell them separately.

I'm still waiting for a DLC which is worthy to be called expansion.
paladin181: It's why Ubisoft usurped them as worst company because of their goal to turn $60 consumers into $200 consumers through DLC and microtransactions..
Indeed, Ubisoft logo is now synonymous with broken games and shady practices to manipulate customers like EA was before. They have certainly taken up the golden poo from where EA left off, and this article summarizes their major failures quite well this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/11/12/congratulations-ubisoft-youre-the-new-ea/
enigmaxg2: If people keeps buying DLC's, game developers will continue to split even more parts of the games to sell them separately.

I'm still waiting for a DLC which is worthy to be called expansion.
There are a few. Dragonborn and Shivering Isles are probably the best examples in my mind as both added to the main game without MISSING from the main game in their absence.
The Pitt in FO3 is pretty good too, though it's a little small for a full fledged expansion, it's also lower priced than most expansion packs were.

The Dishonored DLC and the Dark Souls and Dark Souls II DLC are also pretty expansive, with all 3 Dark Souls 2 costing just $25 (with the season pass) and being about half as long as the original game. The Abysswalker DLC for DS1 was pretty big as well, and was fairly inexpensive as an expansion; it had good value for its price. In fact, most Bethesda games have good DLC (if you ignore the Horse Armor for a minute, which may be WHY they have good DLC after getting called out on the failure).
EDIT: I'm aware that DS and DS2 were not Bethsoft games, but they were the best non-Beth games that came to mind.
Post edited January 07, 2015 by paladin181
enigmaxg2: I'm still waiting for a DLC which is worthy to be called expansion.
paladin181: There are a few. Dragonborn and Shivering Isles
Awakenings for Dragon Age
Bloodmoon for Morrowind
Mask of the Betrayer

There aren't many, it's true. And yes games milk the franchise. I would never bleed myself with DLC for Borderlands games for example.

But, DLC can be good, as above. It can be bad. It can be mediocre and not worth the price. It can be offensive, as in the ARMA - you can't use the helicopter.

So, buy what you like and don't buy what you don't like.
misteryo: Awakenings for Dragon Age
Bloodmoon for Morrowind
Mask of the Betrayer

There aren't many, it's true. And yes games milk the franchise. I would never bleed myself with DLC for Borderlands games for example.

But, DLC can be good, as above. It can be bad. It can be mediocre and not worth the price. It can be offensive, as in the ARMA - you can't use the helicopter.

So, buy what you like and don't buy what you don't like.
Bloodmoon was actually an expansion pack. :P
What happens if you are having an MP session with a buddy and he has the DLC but you don't? Do you watch him take off in the chopper leaving you there looking like a stooge?
Perhaps you can only MP with people who have the same DLC you do. Or in the case of DS and DS2, you download the DLC (despite not owning it) as a patch so you can display all the cool items they're killing you with.
tinyE: What happens if you are having an MP session with a buddy and he has the DLC but you don't? Do you watch him take off in the chopper leaving you there looking like a stooge?
yes
This is idiocracy to the max. Seriously, is like we don't realize we can actually change all of this but we still go and buy the damn game... and the damn dlc... Not us particularly, but gamers in general. Is like complaining about politics u.u We as a community give them the power.

Well, I'm off to buy some dlc xD Hell no... I'll just go play some of the amazing games that are actually, you know, COMPLETE :P
tinyE: What happens if you are having an MP session with a buddy and he has the DLC but you don't? Do you watch him take off in the chopper leaving you there looking like a stooge?
Soccorro: yes
And if you are the friend can you pan down and see your buddy on the landing pad waving goodbye?

These are the sort of things I ponder when it's slow. ;P I'm not proud.
Soccorro: yes
tinyE: And if you are the friend can you pan down and see your buddy on the landing pad waving goodbye?

These are the sort of things I ponder when it's slow. ;P I'm not proud.
you can see him and he can see you. you have to leave him behind though because all he will get upon pressing enter is that stupid popup message, telling him to buy the dlc...