It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: Remember; numbers are everybody's friend!
Real math starts where numbers stop.
ZFR: Real math starts where numbers stop.
I'm getting an image of what Rapoposculous/Sapphire's Vegas show is going to be.
And I meant to write "maths". I use real English, not American.
ZFR: Real math starts where numbers stop.
How far did you go with Maths? I'm befogging to see the background behind your interest in the logic puzzles you post.

I had a girlfriend who studied degree level maths who'd complain that it was theoretical. I think it got to the stage where it went over her head.
supplementscene: Of course if ZFR or Trent is Hitler they would want to pick a Liberal in order to gain Liberal Cred.
Not necessary. 1. Hitler doesn't know who the Fascists and Liberals are. 2. He doesn't need to. If he happens to pick a Fascist as his Chancellor, that Fascist would enact a Liberal policy too, given the chance. It is in the best interest of the Fascist that Hitler appears as Liberal as possible. So Hitler can choose his Chancellor completely at random.

About whom to investigate, if it comes to that, that's a more difficult question. It can only come to that if trent hands me 2F, of course. If that happens, I don't know whether I would trust a read that trent does. But I would like to have Joe investigated. It is still possible that ZFR nominated him because Joe is Hitler and Hitler would show up as Fascist in an investigation.
JoeSapphire: So did they choose 11 and 6 precisely because of that effect, or would it be the same if you had 13 fascist and 7 liberal for example?.... hm I'll think about that some other time.
13F vs 7L wouldn't be same

For a general case, assuming x fascist cards and y liberal:

Combinations FFF =
xC3 = x! / (3! * (x-3)! )

Combinations LLF =
yC2 * xC1 = yC2 * x = x * y! / (2! * (y - 2)! )

Equating:
x! / (3! * (x-3)! ) = x * y! / (2! * (y - 2)! )
(x - 1)! / (x - 3)! = 3 * y! / (y-2)!

(x -1) * (x - 2) = 3 * y * (y-1)

x^2 -3x + 2 = 3y^2 - 3y

x^2 - 3y^2 - 3x + 3y + 2 = 0

So, in order for P(FFF) to be equal to P(LLF), we need a pair of numbers x,y to satisfy the following equation:

x^2 - 3y^2 - 3x + 3y + 2 = 0

(11, 6) is one such pair of numbers.
supplementscene: Of course if ZFR or Trent is Hitler they would want to pick a Liberal in order to gain Liberal Cred.
Lifthrasil: Not necessary. 1. Hitler doesn't know who the Fascists and Liberals are. 2. He doesn't need to. If he happens to pick a Fascist as his Chancellor, that Fascist would enact a Liberal policy too, given the chance. It is in the best interest of the Fascist that Hitler appears as Liberal as possible. So Hitler can choose his Chancellor completely at random.

About whom to investigate, if it comes to that, that's a more difficult question. It can only come to that if trent hands me 2F, of course. If that happens, I don't know whether I would trust a read that trent does. But I would like to have Joe investigated. It is still possible that ZFR nominated him because Joe is Hitler and Hitler would show up as Fascist in an investigation.
That's a good point. My thinking was the Liberal Chancellor would give Hitler extra town points as he knows the cards are as said. But like you say clearing a Fascist maybe even better strategically as the Fascist can cause turmoil down the line.

I hadn't actually wanted to talk about Fascist strategy as I didn't want to aid the fascist game. But if we don't look at their strategies they will be harder to find.
ZFR: @Lift, you've played a lot of Secret Hitler in RL, right? Out of curiosity, can you comment on how many games had Hitler in the first 2 governments? Ballpark figure.
Hard to say, since it depends on the seating order. Sometimes the first presidents are all Liberal, like in our last game here. Which makes it very hard for the Fascists to establish Hitler as Liberal, as you know. But in my experience, Fascists always try to get Hitler into an early, L-policy-passing government. Perhaps not the first two, but Hitler was definitely in one of the first three governments in most of the RL games I played.

Of course, now that we discussed that, the Fascists might get cautious about nominating Hitler. Unless, of course, he already was part of a government. Perhaps the seating order was sub-optimal for the Fascists, which was why one of them requested a re-shuffling to increase Hitler's chances of an early participation? ;-)
All this math is giving me indigestion. I’m a movie star, the only math I’m worried about is how much I get paid and my royalties check.
ZFR: @Lift, you've played a lot of Secret Hitler in RL, right? Out of curiosity, can you comment on how many games had Hitler in the first 2 governments? Ballpark figure.
Lifthrasil: Hard to say, since it depends on the seating order. Sometimes the first presidents are all Liberal, like in our last game here. Which makes it very hard for the Fascists to establish Hitler as Liberal, as you know. But in my experience, Fascists always try to get Hitler into an early, L-policy-passing government. Perhaps not the first two, but Hitler was definitely in one of the first three governments in most of the RL games I played.

Of course, now that we discussed that, the Fascists might get cautious about nominating Hitler. Unless, of course, he already was part of a government. Perhaps the seating order was sub-optimal for the Fascists, which was why one of them requested a re-shuffling to increase Hitler's chances of an early participation? ;-)
I brought that up earlier, it was part of my ZFR analysis and I had thought I was onto something as both ZFR and Joe had poor draws initially, 6 and 9.

However ZFR claimed IRL he hadn't read his role at that stage and gave his Scouts Honour he would never deceive us about IRL claims. That ofcourse doesn't mean he isn't A) A Filthy Fascist or B) Hitler. But I buy his IRL claim.

Trent then mistook ZFRs real life claim to think ZFR used random.org prior to learning his role, which both ZFR and I corrected him on.
Lifthrasil: Hard to say, since it depends on the seating order. Sometimes the first presidents are all Liberal, like in our last game here. Which makes it very hard for the Fascists to establish Hitler as Liberal, as you know. But in my experience, Fascists always try to get Hitler into an early, L-policy-passing government. Perhaps not the first two, but Hitler was definitely in one of the first three governments in most of the RL games I played.

supplementscene: I brought that up earlier, it was part of my ZFR analysis and I had thought I was onto something as both ZFR and Joe had poor draws initially, 6 and 9.

However ZFR claimed IRL he hadn't read his role at that stage and gave his Scouts Honour he would never deceive us about IRL claims. That ofcourse doesn't mean he isn't A) A Filthy Fascist or B) Hitler. But I buy his IRL claim.

Trent then mistook ZFRs real life claim to think ZFR used random.org prior to learning his role, which both ZFR and I corrected him on.
I think Lift was kidding, hence the ;) at the end.
Lifthrasil: Of course, now that we discussed that, the Fascists might get cautious about nominating Hitler. Unless, of course, he already was part of a government. Perhaps the seating order was sub-optimal for the Fascists, which was why one of them requested a re-shuffling to increase Hitler's chances of an early participation? ;-)
We didn't knew about our alignments before the reshuffle. It was stated before also by zeo.
As for whom to investigate, I wouldn't put too much value on it, but I guess there is a greater chance for a FFF (29,37% - still not very convincing but we might be unlucky) than before so I'd like an investigation on ZFR.
ZFR: I think Lift was kidding, hence the ;) at the end.
Whew! I'm glad that at least one co-player understands me! :-)
I think that until 3 liberal policies, what gets laid down means nothing because Fascist will not play Fascist cards unless there's all 3 of them and there's no choice. Seems better to push 2-3 Liberal policies so there's more 3F draws.

JoeSapphire: oh buggerit I edited instead of posting how did I manage that? You can't quote yourself captain!!
If it's within 15 minutes of your last post, it gets appended.
rtcvb32: I think that until 3 liberal policies, what gets laid down means nothing because Fascist will not play Fascist cards unless there's all 3 of them and there's no choice. Seems better to push 2-3 Liberal policies so there's more 3F draws.

JoeSapphire: oh buggerit I edited instead of posting how did I manage that? You can't quote yourself captain!!
rtcvb32: If it's within 15 minutes of your last post, it gets appended.
I think that what Joe did was he wanted to quote himself. Instead he edited himself.