It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: Well, technically you did have Joe. The "unless one of the two people is a fascist" was presumably a joke since I can't technically reveal that kind of information. If he wasn't last and I didn't feel like messing about, it would technically have been a unanimous yes vote.

I'm totally fine with hosting a game or participating in one, sure.
supplementscene: Oh the realtime aspect has reeled you in?
The realtime aspect is what I'm used to, more like. As Pooka mentioned before, my original "it takes 45 minutes" thing was off, I played some games with him a while back and we did multiple in the span of an hour. Plus, it's a bit of a different strategy when you can't analyze rows of text and sometimes just being the noisiest will work depending on the crowd.
PookaMustard: Wait what? I am not in the loop. But then, you're accusing me of not being in the loop. Being fascist, are you?
supplementscene: Hitler obviously is a little bit fascist. You have been accused of setting up a Secret Hitler game and not inviting Hitler and friends. Do I have to send round the stormtroopers? Lift is stomping his feet, LOUDLY.
Check your mail or something, you should find an invite for something. Participate in it, maybe it's the Secret Hitler game! A special one at that, one where Hitler doesn't even know he's Hitler!

Okay, seriously before I start delving into gibberish, if you want the Discord server invite link, let me know. If you're going to host your own way, let me in on it.

Though obviously I still do want to have a longer, forum game like this one for a very good reason: the stakes are higher as there is more than enough room to think every single move and reread them several times.
JoeSapphire: Pooka's contingency plan for the next government was a nice touch.
I'm which way was it so?

I literally just wanted to not have the game held up on a government everyone knew would be voted down. So if scene didn't attain the chancellorship, I would have at least preferred to return home to Lift's government as soon as possible.

Also, if you don't mind me taking up a bit of your time; what did you think of my play now that everything makes sense? Was it good? Sloppy?
Post edited March 09, 2019 by PookaMustard
SirPrimalform: I don't think Secret Hitler is as well suited to online play as mafia. I've learned my lesson, I won't take up a spot that could have an active player next time.
I don't agree with you here. Yes, it does take time, but personally I don't find it worse than a regular mafia game. I just treat it like chess by correspondence, you make your move and you wait. Sure real time SH has its moments, but so does being able to analyze walls of text without hurrying.

I wouldn't mind seeing another Secret Hitler game here again some time in the future.
PookaMustard: Okay, seriously before I start delving into gibberish, if you want the Discord server invite link, let me know. If you're going to host your own way, let me in on it.
I don't know what Discord is, but sure send me a link. If I don't like it I'll just add it to my link collection.
Post edited March 09, 2019 by ZFR
ZFR: Ah. And I was so happy with my analysis and theorems.
we all were
ZFR: I don't agree with you here. Yes, it does take time, but personally I don't find it worse than a regular mafia game. I just treat it like chess by correspondence, you make your move and you wait. Sure real time SH has its moments, but so does being able to analyze walls of text without hurrying.
It's not so much the time scale (I'm used to months long games of mafia after all), I think more of the pace. Even in the longest games of mafia there was never a point where I felt like I had nothing to say. Maybe SH just isn't for me.
SirPrimalform: Even in the longest games of mafia there was never a point where I felt like I had nothing to say. Maybe SH just isn't for me.
OK. I see what you mean. Still, for me it's not a problem. I don't mind the wait.
PookaMustard: Also, if you don't mind me taking up a bit of your time; what did you think of my play now that everything makes sense? Was it good? Sloppy?
You did good. Maybe you got an easier start than we would have given Carr at that stage of the game, but you gave the impression that you were an interested participant in the game, and I variously believed I could trust you. As ZFR put it, you came across as intelligent enough to not make a stupid mistake, but not so intelligent that you would think one move ahead in the game.

Is the proposal to play a quick game but still with writing? I'd assumed a game over microphones so that you can get some sense of who's lying by signals and that. Is such a thing ever done?
ZFR: OK. I see what you mean. Still, for me it's not a problem. I don't mind the wait.
I might join in a real-time game at some point and see how I find that.
ZFR: I don't agree with you here. Yes, it does take time, but personally I don't find it worse than a regular mafia game. I just treat it like chess by correspondence, you make your move and you wait. Sure real time SH has its moments, but so does being able to analyze walls of text without hurrying.
SirPrimalform: It's not so much the time scale (I'm used to months long games of mafia after all), I think more of the pace. Even in the longest games of mafia there was never a point where I felt like I had nothing to say. Maybe SH just isn't for me.
Yes, I think you might get the same problem with no-cardflip versions of mafia. As the game goes on you don't learn anything so it's never easy to know what to do. A small amount of people hold all the information and there's no way to verify it.
And now I know what this game looks like when the fascists pave the way to victory. Well played, team fascists.

I have to agree with SirPrimalform, Secret Hitler doesn't really work as a forum game. Don't know if it's just my impression, but it seemed to drag more than the first iteration, perhaps because there were more lurky players this time? Which made JoeSapphire's attempts to figure out things and sway people more difficult and desperate. No offence to everyone else, but JoeSapphire's play was pretty much what kept me following this game for the last 2-3 weeks.

Telika: I was so 50/50 about the Lifth/Joe thing that, several times, I almost PM'ed Joe or Zeo out of need to KNOW. [...]
Ah, you must have forgotten what scum!Lifthrasil looks/plays like, especially in a setup with no reveals. But he managed to fool ZFR, so well played.

I thought trentonlf was fascist the moment he got on supplementscene's case (basically his first post, I think?).

supplementscene felt off the whole game - too cooperative, too reasonable, no conflicts, no spats, nothing; in hindsight, it should have rang a bell that he's the Secret Hitler, but I'll admit that I got caught in wondering if he were turning a new leaf in his forum mafia career. It sure was an eye-opener regarding what he's able to pull, so well done, I'll keep my eye on you in future games.
JoeSapphire: Is the proposal to play a quick game but still with writing? I'd assumed a game over microphones so that you can get some sense of who's lying by signals and that. Is such a thing ever done?
Indeed it is, though Pooka is currently trying to organize through writing. Games with mics and such happen fairly infrequently depending on when we can get the players together.
Kudos to Team Fascist, well played by each one of you! In all honesty, the wife thought Scene and Lift might be "playing against expectations". We mostly thought Joe was Liberal until Joe's post where he told ZFR, "I know you're my Friend." At that point and as Joe intensified we both wondered if that was a 'tell' that Joe was actually the H-man trying to let ZFR know that he had figured out ZFR was Fascist. ZFR's seeming control of the game without much resistance and refusal to shoot Joe played into this as well and Scene and Lift used that timeframe to start looking less suspicious to us. I have to say Trent was the one we didn't suspect, and shooting ZFR had us clapping with a "Bravo! Well played!" A slow start, but very entertaining by the end.

Oh, and blotunga ... we believed in you! :)

Kudos also to the Puzzlemaster and Bookwyrm for the entertaining flavor posts. :)
Im surprised so many people watchdd this.

Did zeo make an observer threat?
ZFR: Im surprised so many people watchdd this.

Did zeo make an observer threat?
An observer threaT? Well, not to my knowledge ... at least not directly. :p
Jokes aside, we were not among the sign-up 'observers' so I don't know if there was an actual observer thread.
Lifthrasil: ...
ZFR: Did you know from the start you were going to pass the 4th L when I selected you. Or was it a decision you made when you got the cards. Whom did you expect me to pick next. You knew that after passing the 4th L, if I pick a liberal for my next government, there was a good chance you lose.
The decision fell when you mentioned Scene as second choice to me. After you had already brought the argument 'Scene can't possibly be Hitler' into play, I knew we had a chance of winning the Hitler-way. So I had to stay in your good graces to be able to manipulate you - and by extension the other Liberals, since you were the leader of the pack. Apart from Joe of course who knew I was Fascist.
My reasoning was, that if I pass F, you would kill me and trust Joe and the game would be lost for the Fascists. So I had to risk the 4-th L and try to pave the way for a Scene chancellorship. I had expected trent to nominate Scene and I think that would have gone through. But then he selected me. But in the end it worked too. :-)
ZFR: @ Lift, @ Pooka

Did you get FFF or did one of you bury the L?
I buried an L.
Post edited March 09, 2019 by Lifthrasil