It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A patient giveaway.

With so many big changes on GOG.com, we just can't wait to put a bit of extra pressure on our backend infrastructure to see how well it fares. There's no better way to turn it up than with a giveaway, so we'll be handing out 8,000 free copies of <span class="bold">Rise of the Triad (2013)</span> - the modern first person shooter gone completely, unapologetically old-school.
We want to see just how well we can handle thousands of people redeeming their games on GOG.com at once.

The giveaway will happen on <span class="bold">reddit.com/r/patientgamers</span>.
The rules are pretty simple: the first 8,000 people to send a private message to our official account will receive their codes in an automated reply. To give you time to grab your key, we'll announce the giveaway on <span class="bold">reddit.com/r/patientgamers</span> from the official <span class="bold">/u/GOGcom</span> account, at 11:00 AM GMT / 1:00 PM CET / 4:00 AM PT / 7:00 AM ET. You'll have three hours to send us a PM and receive a reply.
The subject has to be (all caps): CANTALOUPE

Just as we finish the giveaway (at 2:00 PM GMT / 4:00 PM CET / 7:00 AM PT / 10:00 AM ET) you will have precisely 20 minutes to redeem it - yup, we want all of you to redeem your codes at the same time and really give our infrastructure a workout.

To redeem your code, simply head to <span class="bold">gog.com/redeem</span> and enter your code on the page!

Stay ready to pull the trigger once you get your code!

To sum things up:
--The entire event will take place on Thursday, May 14th.
--We announce the giveaway on Reddit in a selfpost - 11:00 AM GMT / 1:00 PM CET / 4:00 AM PT / 7:00 AM ET
--Send us a PM with the subject (all caps): CANTALOUPE
--We send out codes immediately after processing your PM sent to <span class="bold">/u/GOGcom</span>
--You can start redeeming your codes - 2:00 PM GMT / 4:00 PM CET / 7:00 AM PT / 10:00 AM ET
--The redemption period ends - 2:20 PM GMT / 4:20 PM CET / 7:20 AM PT / 10:20 AM ET

<span class="bold">Rise of the Triad (2013)</span>: the blood-dripping, gib-blasting, gun-slinging, rocket-spamming FPS has returned with a vengeance after nearly two decades. Swarms of enemies, no hand-holding, awesome guns, badass one-liners, a pretense story, and ridiculous amounts of virtual guts flying all over the place - all checked and accounted for. To say more would almost be insulting to a game that shoots first and asks questions later.
Post edited May 13, 2015 by Konrad
high rated
Reddit has Private Messages ? Sounds a nice place.
I own it so will let everyone else stress test the system while I hmm probably get some sleep it looks like it will be around midnight in Australia and I'm already tired now
Ah, I've heard about Reddit. It's some kind of cat admirers fan page, right? :P
Already got it from you guys for free from some sort of special sale a while back. Good to see you're giving it away again.
Didn't you gave away this game like a year ago? ;)
So just how do you actually send the PM to Patientgamers?

This is making no sense whatsoever
tl;dr

Kidding; have fun kids!
Post edited May 13, 2015 by budejovice
Iain: So just how do you actually send the PM to Patientgamers?

This is making no sense whatsoever
It will probably be a PM to /user/GOGaway
InkPanther: Ah, I've heard about Reddit. It's some kind of cat admirers fan page, right? :P
Indeed :-)
I'm sorry but I don't get it (am and pm that is)
So the codes will be sent out tomorrow 11 pm that would 23:00 GMT
but the redeeming starts at 2 pm that would be 14:00 GMT
So 11 hours earlier??!? that can't be right. Don't you mean 11 am GMT for the reddit post?

--- Edit now I see in the text it is actually 11 am GMT only in the "To sum things up:" it's incorrectly 11 pm
Please correct that.
Sounds nice but already own it
This is gonna be a tight giveaway innit?
I don't have a Reddit account, nor do I want one. Is it required to participate? Because that's kind of silly if so.
mobutu: Didn't you gave away this game like a year ago? ;)
Nope they made the same giveaway limited to gog.com 58 days ago on 16 th of March :)
Post edited May 13, 2015 by Matruchus