It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A patient giveaway.

With so many big changes on GOG.com, we just can't wait to put a bit of extra pressure on our backend infrastructure to see how well it fares. There's no better way to turn it up than with a giveaway, so we'll be handing out 8,000 free copies of <span class="bold">Rise of the Triad (2013)</span> - the modern first person shooter gone completely, unapologetically old-school.
We want to see just how well we can handle thousands of people redeeming their games on GOG.com at once.

The giveaway will happen on <span class="bold">reddit.com/r/patientgamers</span>.
The rules are pretty simple: the first 8,000 people to send a private message to our official account will receive their codes in an automated reply. To give you time to grab your key, we'll announce the giveaway on <span class="bold">reddit.com/r/patientgamers</span> from the official <span class="bold">/u/GOGcom</span> account, at 11:00 AM GMT / 1:00 PM CET / 4:00 AM PT / 7:00 AM ET. You'll have three hours to send us a PM and receive a reply.
The subject has to be (all caps): CANTALOUPE

Just as we finish the giveaway (at 2:00 PM GMT / 4:00 PM CET / 7:00 AM PT / 10:00 AM ET) you will have precisely 20 minutes to redeem it - yup, we want all of you to redeem your codes at the same time and really give our infrastructure a workout.

To redeem your code, simply head to <span class="bold">gog.com/redeem</span> and enter your code on the page!

Stay ready to pull the trigger once you get your code!

To sum things up:
--The entire event will take place on Thursday, May 14th.
--We announce the giveaway on Reddit in a selfpost - 11:00 AM GMT / 1:00 PM CET / 4:00 AM PT / 7:00 AM ET
--Send us a PM with the subject (all caps): CANTALOUPE
--We send out codes immediately after processing your PM sent to <span class="bold">/u/GOGcom</span>
--You can start redeeming your codes - 2:00 PM GMT / 4:00 PM CET / 7:00 AM PT / 10:00 AM ET
--The redemption period ends - 2:20 PM GMT / 4:20 PM CET / 7:20 AM PT / 10:20 AM ET

<span class="bold">Rise of the Triad (2013)</span>: the blood-dripping, gib-blasting, gun-slinging, rocket-spamming FPS has returned with a vengeance after nearly two decades. Swarms of enemies, no hand-holding, awesome guns, badass one-liners, a pretense story, and ridiculous amounts of virtual guts flying all over the place - all checked and accounted for. To say more would almost be insulting to a game that shoots first and asks questions later.
Post edited May 13, 2015 by Konrad
didnt read forum properly obviously at first.

But managed to get a copy once I banged my head on desk to get brain working.

thanks GOG
pizzahut: Did you try to get a code? It may still work.
Yup, as soon as I saw the info, but I guess it was long overdue. :)

Still, 8k happy campers out there! :D
Many thanks GOG!
Barefoot_Monkey: Silly pineapple, you already have this game ;)
But, if I wasn't so lazy, I could have two! And do multiplayer with myself!
oop, missed it. was out eating dinner and stuff. 20 minutes to redeem? that's a bit much isn't it? GOG already crashing on regular sale days. at least for me.
Got it, it went smooth on my end. Hope this test was beneficial for you guys and thanks for the game :D
Missed it :(
dick1982: 20 minutes to redeem? that's a bit much isn't it? GOG already crashing on regular sale days. at least for me.
According to Reddit you can still redeem if you got a key.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by pizzahut
GOG sure is enjoying to make its sure to jump thru hoops.

I don't have a reddit account, or any of those social sites they seem so fond of (facebook, twitter, etc). If i am a client of gog and a gog site user why the heck do I have to log to other sites to earn a game?
LADAYA: GOG, you are switching to HTTPS? I remember there wasn't a HTTPS version of the website the last time I tried (or it was glitchy at least)..
There's been one for a while if you use https everywhere
Thanks for the free game. Just going to contribute to your testing process here with my feedback, hopefully it can help you out:

So I tried to redeem it on mobile, I was already signed in, and the first few times it accepted the code and brought me to the screen where you would hit "continue" to redeem the game, but it just kept asking me to sign in again, and wouldn't redeem it to my account; this happened about three times (this was right around 2 GMT). Went to my account page to see if it was there (it wasn't) then went back to the redeem page (it must have saved the code as associated with my session or something, because I went to try it on a browser and it said it was invalid) and hit continue again and it worked (about 4 minutes past 2 GMT).
GOG.com: A patient giveaway.
Reddit?! What the fuck?!

This is twice that I have missed out on a giveaway of this game.

Anyone have an extra code for the game that they don't want?
Post edited May 16, 2015 by JD2
HA! Now I realise why I never got a code. Somebody went back and edited the instructions on sending the PM after I'd read the first post. (That bit about CANTELOUP in the subject wasn't there at first, was it?)

I was at work so not able to go back and re-read everything. l set up my reddit account and had the pages open in my browser on my tablet with the message ready to send except without the specified subject.

Remember GOG some of us are sneaky peeking at the site whilst we're supposed to be working. It's how we get the money to buy games from you! ;-)
LynetteC: HA! Now I realise why I never got a code. Somebody went back and edited the instructions on sending the PM after I'd read the first post. (That bit about CANTELOUP in the subject wasn't there at first, was it?)
Hmm, I got my code about 3 hours before the redemption window opened. When I sent my PM to GOG's Reddit account, the requirement to set this specific subject was definitely mentioned. Can't tell about earlier though.