It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aliens, do you bleed? You will.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack is now available, 80% off until June 18, 10 PM UTC, DRM-free on GOG.com. It contains every piece of content released for the game, including the Enemy Within expansion.
They thought we'd go down without a fight. They were wrong. Also quite ugly.
Commander, the XCOM initiative stands ready. Train and customize your elite squad, research human or alien technology, and take Earth back through turn-based tactical action, and smart base management.

For some heavily discounted old-school X-COM goodness, check out our Summer Sale.
tremere110: Clicking the multiplayer button doesn't do anything. Multiplayer doesn't work at all.
Point_Man: I see... That sucks. Why remove the LAN options.
Either the LAN option still requires Steam somehow or the easiest way to prevent errors from cropping up because someone selects online multiplayer is to disable the multiplayer button. I suspect it's the latter.

Normally something like this would disappoint me, but the multiplayer was so terrible it doesn't bother me at all. It's pretty rare for me to see a game where the introduction of multiplayer just makes the whole experience worse (all they did was tack on a feature as an afterthought that introduced bugs that would make the single player version worse until it was patched - the horrific lose all soldier abilities bug, which occurred until the multiplayer was patched as an example).
Ended up buying it before the Summer Sale ended. I'm hoping multiplayer functionality and MacOS/Linux can be added later.
I never touched MP, so that`s no problem to me.
No matter what's the quality/how many people are interested in MP - it's still missing feature/content comparing to steam release (leaving aside ports for other systems than Windows).

It's my personal opinion, but I think that without "demanding" attitude ("we're expecting games with entire content") it's encouraging developers of all flavours and sizes to release there some "cutted" games. I'm not expecting of course, that games will be able to "download" content from Steam Workshop, BUT feature with adding custom content on the other hand is justified expectation.
Well I will not buy the game as long as the Linux version is withheld by Feral. Feral is a contractor. Even thou they say
in the GOL article [1] about this, that it is "their game." It's not their product, they got contracted to make the conversion,
they didn't develop the game so it it ain't "theirs."

"Thank you for your work Feral, but check your attitude, mates." - that's my reply to that.

Everybody that would like to see and own a Linux version via GOG of this should withhold their money. Because
paying now - while only Windows is available - will not make a dent and just strengthen Feral's argumentation base.

Also take a look at how many games Feral got on Mac only, an at least in general, Unix compatible and thus Linux compatible platform (at least more so than Windows). Mac people tend to pay twice as many for half as good hardware in relation to PC, so what's "a game" for that matter? What I mean with that is: "We make money on Mac but none on Linux let's just not make games for that anymore."-Attitude.

[1] www_gamingonlinux_com=articles=feral-interactive-have-no-plans-to-put-their-linux-ports-on-gog.11987
Apparently I missed this, not sure how. But since I am already shoved off from the shore... Regular price of 50 bucks? Surely you jest.
Linux please!
high rated
muttly13: Apparently I missed this, not sure how. But since I am already shoved off from the shore... Regular price of 50 bucks? Surely you jest.
"Regular prices" don't exist anymore (for almost a decade already). There are only two types of prices now:

1. Release price - That's what you have to pay for a game when it's beeing released (obviously).
2. Price that serves as a basis for huge discounts - Steam trained us to buy "older" (6 months or more) games at huge discounts only. 50% isn't a huge discount. You'll need 75% at least.

Let's say you want to sell your game at $10 (<- That's what you really want to have for your old game). The regular price has to be $40 then. If you give a 75% discount on a $20 game, you only get $5 - that's not enough money for the publisher. If you give a 50% discount on a $20 game, people will bitch about the greedy publishers never giving a decent discount for their nearly antique game. But if you put up an older game for $40, it's because "it includes all DLC", "it costs the same on other stores" and "you can always wait for a sale" -.-

It's bullshit and not exactly customer friendly (you basically can't buy games when they're not on sale). But that's how digital distribution works nowadays...
Sad to see that (unlike XCOM on Steam) there's no Linux version. No Linux = Not buying. :(
Do you want more XCOM? Check out Xenonauts and here's a copy just for you :) Redeem this code now, you know you want to. It expires on 24th so hurry up and just get it.

68957-BD3CD-24D82-AFEB4