It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The land that's bleeding stories.

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is now available, 15% off until March 7, 6PM UTC.
So many stories to harvest. You are a grim tripper, a spirit tasked with traversing the Depression-era United States to absorb all folk tales -big and small- then redistribute them to those who'd listen. Choose wisely and maybe the troubled strangers in your path will eventually share their most intimate stories in return. It's the only way to save your soul, after all.

Grab the country-flavored OST for your collection.
AlienMind: This looks like something I have to possess
But does it look like something you have to play? ;-)
Now this is truly a game that wants to be itself. No fads, no borrowed hype. It sure looks like a work of love.

It seems to bring new mechanics for a narrative game. It looks like something unique.

Much will depend on the quality of the stories. If they match what we can see in the photos and trailer, then this one-of-a-kind game might be something delicious ;-)

To be given a chance to shine. Nice to see such a game here!

By the way, the writer with the typing machine. Anyone thought of the Jack Kerouac of someone akin John Steinbeck, with a hint of the looks of Jack Kerouac? (The Dharma Bums fits with the theme of the game)
Post edited March 01, 2018 by Carradice
Instab... oh wait. Despite all the pre-release hype, the RPS review makes it sound like all those celebrity auteurs between themselves couldn't know dramatic tension even if it bit them in the ass. I'l wait until people post impressions.

---

Carradice: By the way, the writer with the typing machine. Anyone thought of the Jack Kerouac of someone akin John Steinbeck, with a hint of the looks of Jack Kerouac? (The Dharma Bums fits with the theme of the game)
https://www.magicalwasteland.com/notes/2018/2/28/how-i-wrote-cassady
Carradice: By the way, the writer with the typing machine. Anyone thought of the Jack Kerouac of someone akin John Steinbeck, with a hint of the looks of Jack Kerouac? (The Dharma Bums fits with the theme of the game)
Starmaker: https://www.magicalwasteland.com/notes/2018/2/28/how-i-wrote-cassady
Thanks for the link.

About the RPS review, actually what they say is that the stories are short and good. What the reviewer actually disliked was the travelling time spent on the map. This distorted his whole experience. However, one of the comments (by a guy who actually played the game) points out that probably the reviewer failed to grasp the mechanics of how to speed up said travels. This is explained in the tutorial but someone rushing through it might miss it.
The trailer looks enticing.
The song in the background is top-notch. (would listen to the soundtrack)
The art style is beautiful.
And the fact that the game puts a large focus on the story is always a plus for me.
Wishlisted for now, will try to get it sometimes soon, after watching a few reviews maybe.