It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In a mood for a point-and-click horror adventure? We got you! We Are Not Alone is now out!

We Are Not Alone presents a unique horror experience, blending first-person and third-person adventure elements. You’ll get to engage in an isolation experiment, where you are considered safe, and delve into a vast underground facility. Your journey involves solving puzzles and unraveling the secret of an unfamiliar creature; just be cautious not to make eye contact.

Now on GOG!
pekoeblaze: So far, it's more of a sci-fi horror "point and click" than a survival horror game, but don't let the jankiness and low-budget graphics put you off, this is more than a rushed "asset flip" game. it's an actual proper game with a story and gameplay and stuff and - as mentioned earlier - a surprisingly compelling story as well.
Atreyu666: Thank you for finding much better words than I did! :)

I apologize for my behaviour a couple of posts earlier. I just tried to say the same thing, this game is more than meets they eye. Don't let the screenshots scare you off :)
No probs :) I got that you were trying to say the same sort of thing, and I felt like writing a supporting comment.

But, yes, even though the launch-day build had some problems (it might have been my PC, but I later ran into game-breaking bugs at the very end), I still don't regret playing it because the story, pacing, atmosphere/mood etc... of it was surprisingly good.
Atreyu666: Thank you for finding much better words than I did! :)

I apologize for my behaviour a couple of posts earlier. I just tried to say the same thing, this game is more than meets they eye. Don't let the screenshots scare you off :)
pekoeblaze: No probs :) I got that you were trying to say the same sort of thing, and I felt like writing a supporting comment.

But, yes, even though the launch-day build had some problems (it might have been my PC, but I later ran into game-breaking bugs at the very end), I still don't regret playing it because the story, pacing, atmosphere/mood etc... of it was surprisingly good.
Thanks for the nice words and apologies for the launch day bugs, especially the one right at the end! It's my first time making an entire game solo. Even with the help of testers we didn't manage to catch them all.

I noticed you mentioned resolution changing issues earlier - I'll add that to my list to investigate.
Post edited March 30, 2024 by Andrew_SBG
Andrew_SBG: Thanks for the nice words and apologies for the launch day bugs, especially the one right at the end! It's my first time making an entire game solo. Even with the help of testers we didn't manage to catch them all.
Pretty impressive for the first game. Thanks for bringing it to GoG :)
Andrew_SBG: Thanks for the nice words and apologies for the launch day bugs, especially the one right at the end! It's my first time making an entire game solo. Even with the help of testers we didn't manage to catch them all.
Atreyu666: Pretty impressive for the first game. Thanks for bringing it to GoG :)
Thank you so much!

This was my second game (first was released in 2021, but was only 15 minutes long). I was really happy when GOG said they wanted it on their store :)
TomDanny01: Experience the release of "We Are Not Alone" exclusively at Nesto Dubai. Immerse yourself in a captivating journey through the unknown depths of space in this thrilling release. Encounter alien worlds, cosmic mysteries, and epic battles as you uncover the truth behind the age-old question: Are we alone in the universe? Don't miss out on the opportunity to explore the vastness of space – discover "We Are Not Alone" at Nesto Dubai today.
it just show how much gOg care about and watches this forum, when even their own release threads get spammed and noone does anything
Post edited March 31, 2024 by amok
TomDanny01: Experience the release of "We Are Not Alone" exclusively at Nesto Dubai. Immerse yourself in a captivating journey through the unknown depths of space in this thrilling release. Encounter alien worlds, cosmic mysteries, and epic battles as you uncover the truth behind the age-old question: Are we alone in the universe? Don't miss out on the opportunity to explore the vastness of space – discover "We Are Not Alone" at Nesto Dubai today.
amok: it just show how much gOg care about and watches this forum, when even their own release threads get spammed and noone does anything
The wording is indeed a little off.
pekoeblaze: No probs :) I got that you were trying to say the same sort of thing, and I felt like writing a supporting comment.

I noticed you mentioned resolution changing issues earlier - I'll add that to my list to investigate.
No probs :) Thanks for making the game :) Even with the bugs, it was still really fun :) I tried posting a review yesterday, but I don't think it went up because my internet went out at about that time. Might try again. Although I don't usually update games, I'll provide a description of any bugs I found in case it's useful.

Smaller ones included saving not working for about half an hour (around the "floor one" segment and at the research site. This seemed too long to be intentional, but it added extra suspense though LOL!), the "Evidence Found" text lingering on the screen for quite a while at one point, the "show hotspots" feature not recognising walls and showing ALL of the hotspots within a particular radius, and the resolution menu getting stuck on "checking".

Also, on a side-note: I think that the minimum system requirements might be a bit over-stated too - I got a playable speed on "low" graphics settings (and no bloom etc...) using Intel HD 2500 graphics and an i5-3570. [Edit: To get around the resolution thing - and to play the game in widescreen on a 4:3 monitor - I also used a window-resizing program called "Sizer", I don't know if this may or may not explain any glitches.]

With the two game-breaking ones - and trying to avoid spoilers - they occurred after the decision at the end. If I chose to leave, a cutscene clearly didn't play when I walked through the damaged door since I found myself on a stairwell with a wall at the top. When I went back and chose the other option, the cutscene outside the chamber played but then I - and the other characters - fell through the floor into a blue void.

I don't know if this was just my PC or a save file issue (most of these glitches - except the resolution options and hotspot ones - happened when I loaded my saves on the second day of playing the game).

I hope this was helpful :) And thanks again for making the game as well :) Even with the bugs, it was still brilliant - especially the story and atmosphere :)
Post edited March 31, 2024 by pekoeblaze
Andrew_SBG: This was my second game (first was released in 2021, but was only 15 minutes long). I was really happy when GOG said they wanted it on their store :)
Releasing a demo first is usually a good idea. I've bought so many games because I liked their demos :)
amok: it just show how much gOg care about and watches this forum, when even their own release threads get spammed and noone does anything
pferreira1983: The wording is indeed a little off.
It's not even the plot of the game haha.

pekoeblaze: No probs :) Thanks for making the game :) Even with the bugs, it was still really fun :) I tried posting a review yesterday, but I don't think it went up because my internet went out at about that time. Might try again. Although I don't usually update games, I'll provide a description of any bugs I found in case it's useful.

Smaller ones included saving not working for about half an hour (around the "floor one" segment and at the research site. This seemed too long to be intentional, but it added extra suspense though LOL!), the "Evidence Found" text lingering on the screen for quite a while at one point, the "show hotspots" feature not recognising walls and showing ALL of the hotspots within a particular radius, and the resolution menu getting stuck on "checking".

Also, on a side-note: I think that the minimum system requirements might be a bit over-stated too - I got a playable speed on "low" graphics settings (and no bloom etc...) using Intel HD 2500 graphics and an i5-3570. [Edit: To get around the resolution thing - and to play the game in widescreen on a 4:3 monitor - I also used a window-resizing program called "Sizer", I don't know if this may or may not explain any glitches.]

With the two game-breaking ones - and trying to avoid spoilers - they occurred after the decision at the end. If I chose to leave, a cutscene clearly didn't play when I walked through the damaged door since I found myself on a stairwell with a wall at the top. When I went back and chose the other option, the cutscene outside the chamber played but then I - and the other characters - fell through the floor into a blue void.

I don't know if this was just my PC or a save file issue (most of these glitches - except the resolution options and hotspot ones - happened when I loaded my saves on the second day of playing the game).

I hope this was helpful :) And thanks again for making the game as well :) Even with the bugs, it was still brilliant - especially the story and atmosphere :)
It was very helpful, thank you!

The ending blue screen issue was caused by what I now called a "panic patch" where I rushed to fix something and broke something else. All other patches are not done much more carefully!

Were you using "sizer" before launching the game? This might be something to do with the resolution "checking" issue? The system requirements are set to what they are based on the tester with the lowest hardware, I haven't been able to try anything lower yet, or anything using onboard graphics like you have.

I'll add the rest of these bugs and issues into my lists for this week.

Thanks again! and if you could leave a review I would really appreciate it :)

Andrew_SBG: This was my second game (first was released in 2021, but was only 15 minutes long). I was really happy when GOG said they wanted it on their store :)
Atreyu666: Releasing a demo first is usually a good idea. I've bought so many games because I liked their demos :)
Having the demo on GOG was definitely a good choice, it got quite a few Wishlists from that.

I was hoping to keep the demo but given how much the game changed, the expected release date and maintaining the demo ... it was just too much. I'm hopeful a demo of some kind can return at some point :)
Post edited April 01, 2024 by Andrew_SBG
pferreira1983: The wording is indeed a little off.
Andrew_SBG: It's not even the plot of the game haha.
pekoeblaze: No probs :) Thanks for making the game :) Even with the bugs, it was still really fun :) I tried posting a review yesterday, but I don't think it went up because my internet went out at about that time. Might try again. Although I don't usually update games, I'll provide a description of any bugs I found in case it's useful.

Andrew_SBG: It was very helpful, thank you!

The ending blue screen issue was caused by what I now called a "panic patch" where I rushed to fix something and broke something else. All other patches are not done much more carefully!

Were you using "sizer" before launching the game? This might be something to do with the resolution "checking" issue? The system requirements are set to what they are based on the tester with the lowest hardware, I haven't been able to try anything lower yet, or anything using onboard graphics like you have.

Atreyu666: Releasing a demo first is usually a good idea. I've bought so many games because I liked their demos :)
Andrew_SBG: Having the demo on GOG was definitely a good choice, it got quite a few Wishlists from that.

I was hoping to keep the demo but given how much the game changed, the expected release date and maintaining the demo ... it was just too much. I'm hopeful a demo of some kind can return at some point :)
Glad to hear that you've been able to work out what caused it :) As for "Sizer", the "checking" thing happened before I used it. My PC has a 4:3 monitor and the game was ok until I reached the third-person segment in the bathroom (with the steam pipes) and realised that the other half of the room was "off screen" and I couldn't click on it to get there. So, I used a keyboard shortcut to put the game in windowed mode, then loaded "Sizer" and used it to switch to a 16:9 resolution.

Thanks for the explanation about the system requirements too - I didn't check the frame-rate or anything when I was playing on my PC (and it was possibly very mildly "slow" sometimes, but still very playable). And thanks for including low enough graphics settings that it'll actually run on my PC as well.

No probs :) All of the best with sorting out the game and thanks again for making it :) I left a review shortly after my previous comment, since I saved the review to a text document after I wasn't sure whether it had gone up, so it was easy to copy it over and update it before posting.
Andrew_SBG: It's not even the plot of the game haha.

It was very helpful, thank you!

Having the demo on GOG was definitely a good choice, it got quite a few Wishlists from that.

pekoeblaze: Glad to hear that you've been able to work out what caused it :) As for "Sizer", the "checking" thing happened before I used it. My PC has a 4:3 monitor and the game was ok until I reached the third-person segment in the bathroom (with the steam pipes) and realised that the other half of the room was "off screen" and I couldn't click on it to get there. So, I used a keyboard shortcut to put the game in windowed mode, then loaded "Sizer" and used it to switch to a 16:9 resolution.

Thanks for the explanation about the system requirements too - I didn't check the frame-rate or anything when I was playing on my PC (and it was possibly very mildly "slow" sometimes, but still very playable). And thanks for including low enough graphics settings that it'll actually run on my PC as well.

No probs :) All of the best with sorting out the game and thanks again for making it :) I left a review shortly after my previous comment, since I saved the review to a text document after I wasn't sure whether it had gone up, so it was easy to copy it over and update it before posting.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate the review! Reading it made me very happy :)

I think the problem with resolution checking is the code I wrote doesn't support 4:3 resolutions due to some UI related stuff. I'll see if I can work that in at some stage!
Who is using a 4:3 monitor in 2024? Well, I know a couple of guys but they're playing DOS games and stuff, they have retro PCs. If you want to play a more modern games, you need a more modern hardware.
pekoeblaze: Glad to hear that you've been able to work out what caused it :) As for "Sizer", the "checking" thing happened before I used it. My PC has a 4:3 monitor and the game was ok until I reached the third-person segment in the bathroom (with the steam pipes) and realised that the other half of the room was "off screen" and I couldn't click on it to get there. So, I used a keyboard shortcut to put the game in windowed mode, then loaded "Sizer" and used it to switch to a 16:9 resolution.

Andrew_SBG: Thank you so much, I really appreciate the review! Reading it made me very happy :)

I think the problem with resolution checking is the code I wrote doesn't support 4:3 resolutions due to some UI related stuff. I'll see if I can work that in at some stage!
No probs :) I'll probably post a much longer review on my blog later in the year (probably September, due to a long queue of articles) too.

Thanks for the explanation :) I didn't realise how uncommon 4:3 monitors were these days, since I'm using an old second-hand one.
Atreyu666: Who is using a 4:3 monitor in 2024? Well, I know a couple of guys but they're playing DOS games and stuff, they have retro PCs. If you want to play a more modern games, you need a more modern hardware.
LOL!!! To be fair, the most modern part of my system is probably at least a decade old. And I only got round to upgrading away from Windows XP in 2018. Seriously, "old, low-budget computers" have been a long-running theme for me for as long as I can remember.
Post edited April 03, 2024 by pekoeblaze
pekoeblaze: LOL!!! To be fair, the most modern part of my system is probably at least a decade old. And I only got round to upgrading away from Windows XP in 2018. Seriously, "old, low-budget computers" have been a long-running theme for me for as long as I can remember.
I know a couple of guys who collect older systems. But I don't think they go on the internet with those. I guess the security risks are way too high for those old machines :)
If I had more space, I'd have some more PCs here as well (offline ofc). I think WinXP was the prettiest OS ever made :D
pekoeblaze: LOL!!! To be fair, the most modern part of my system is probably at least a decade old. And I only got round to upgrading away from Windows XP in 2018. Seriously, "old, low-budget computers" have been a long-running theme for me for as long as I can remember.
Atreyu666: I know a couple of guys who collect older systems. But I don't think they go on the internet with those. I guess the security risks are way too high for those old machines :)
If I had more space, I'd have some more PCs here as well (offline ofc). I think WinXP was the prettiest OS ever made :D
Yeah, although I ran into problems with some browsers not working with XP any more and some Youtube videos not playing - and, on a side-note I'm glad that I use this site for games (because Steam literally "stopped supporting" XP, even though it worked perfectly fine with XP during the 2000s...) - I guess I got lucky with internet safety back when I was using XP as my main computer's OS.

Space is always the thing though. I mean, I've still got another old XP computer (with a Linux Mint dual-boot) as well as my main PC, but I don't really have room for any extra computers than this. (Edit: But, yes, Windows XP was a really cool OS although - only upgrading to it in 2006, I still used the classic Windows 98-style theme with it LOL!!!!)
Post edited April 04, 2024 by pekoeblaze