It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For the Emperor!

Isometric tabletop-inspired strategy Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Command your squad of Ultramarines in a futuristic clash to defeat the forces of Chaos in Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate. Simple mechanics, a classic isometric map, epic music, and varied in-game landscapes will keep you entertained while you crush your enemies, one squad after another, in true X-COM-inspired style.

Why should you be excited that Chaos Gate is a Warhammer 40,000 Universe game? Because that means that we get all cleverness, a wealth of equipment and weaponry to choose from, and a well-written, enticing plot that transfers well from the tabletop to the computer screen.

1998 doesn’t get much better than this - so treat yourself to some squad-based strategy with Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate, DRM-free on GOG.com.

In the Press

“By and large, it’s the best PC implementation of the Warhammer system to date” -- PC Gamer

“Warhammer is a complex, vastly entertaining strategy gaming system, and Chaos Gate does full justice to it.” -- Gamespot

“A heavy tank becomes an Imperial Dreadnaught, draped with the banners of the Emperor and drawn in a style that lets you know it is ready roll over the ranks of the enemy and crush their bones beneath its treads.” -- IGN
This game was great and still is the best warhammer 40k that ever was released, including recent ones.

I remember my close quarters guy getting buffed and because of that he had 10+ attacks and with his jump pack, could kill like 5 chaos marines within one turn by himself. lol

The music is unique and great, spooky.

A to buy for sure, especially at the low GOG price.

Finaly, a good old game!
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Greywolf2001ca
These warhammer games are probably too hard for me. that and i've wary of games made for win95. they have compatibility issues all the time with win vista/7.
Wouldn't mind the Dawn of War game with all those pretty add-ons. I can't believe I sold my physical copies!!!!
I have DoW 1, I think it is Steamworks now.
Narakir: I sincerely hope we're going to see Dark Omen and Space Hulk 2
JudasIscariot: Shadow of the Horned Rat is already here :P
Yup my bad I only noticed it after I posted xD
I've got a question to anybody who bought GOG release - what does this "Please note that the Multiplayer features are not supported for this release." description mean? There is disabled multiplayer/this option disappeared in GOG version? That's a real shame, I really would like to try play with Chaos, but it's possible only in multiplayer mode :(
Knuckles_the_Echidna: I've got a question to anybody who bought GOG release - what does this "Please note that the Multiplayer features are not supported for this release." description mean? There is disabled multiplayer/this option disappeared in GOG version? That's a real shame, I really would like to try play with Chaos, but it's possible only in multiplayer mode :(
It means:

a) the game uses a legacy multiplayer protocol that is no longer in use.

or

b) it used a service like GameSpy that is no longer around.

or

c) the multiplayer component may use a more modern protocol but when people try to use it it doesn't work or people suffer extreme performance issues with the multiplayer porton of the game (lag, crashes, etc.)
Oh, awesome! I've actually been playing my old version of Chaos Gate again recently, but it's unstable and laggy as hell (especially when smoke clouds are around and whatnot). I really hope this GOG version is better compatible with modern systems and more optimized. I'll probably grab it on the first price reduction available.
Holy crap I used to put the Chaos Gate music everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE! Nicely done, GOG!
YEEEEEEEES!
A fantastic release!

On a side note.
Was the growling unkillable chaos fanatics a bug or a feature? And is it in this release!
JinseiNGC224: I scored all of these but have never played any of them. I have played to death Warhammer 40k Dawn of War and was saddened to see Sega get those publishing rights the other year from THQ. Would LOVE to see Dawn of War here, the first game mostly, and complete with all expansions...might be a wait ;(
A long wait since SEGA put in what is essentialy a always online DRM. You can't play skirmish anymore in DOW 2 without a online connection.
JudasIscariot: It means:
a) the game uses a legacy multiplayer protocol that is no longer in use. or
b) it used a service like GameSpy that is no longer around. or
c) the multiplayer component may use a more modern protocol but when people try to use it it doesn't work or people suffer extreme performance issues with the multiplayer porton of the game (lag, crashes, etc.)
I recall Chaos Gate was supposed to have hotseat. Does that work, or is it broken too?

JudasIscariot: b) it used a service like GameSpy that is no longer around.
Mplayer, IIRC. It seems someone has the source code for the original client and is trying to relaunch it under http://mplayer.co/ . Perhaps it might be worth getting in touch with them?
Shame about all the bad reviews, hopefully you can get this fixed appropriately based on the info Support receives, GOG. :)
looked up this game on youtube

Final Liberation: Warhammer® Epic 40,000

looked nice also had movie like c&c had
so i bought it
nice price

i also checked the one that looks medieval but the way the tiny units move is completely differnt then the other 2 games
the others look isometric , the horned rat has a differnt way of moving so i skipped that, to bad cause the story looks good.

one of the vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m8HttsILUE
Still have my original boxed copies from 1997 and 1998 respectively (not Shadow of the Horned Rat) and they work with a bit o tinkering. Getting them on GOG, though.