It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
mrkgnao: That's not what I have read. AFAIU, they can be readily incorporated into a single player game, if one is willing to go online. AFAIU, they are simple side quests (e.g. go to place, kill monsters, get loot) that do not add to the plot.

I think of them as free micro-add-ons (I am trying to avoid a three-letter acronym beginning with D, ending with C, with L in the middle) that are gradually released by the developer through an online server, in an obvious attempt to tie players to its servers.
Yeah, you are right on that. I reread that section again and its kind of singleplayer content that is bound on online server activation. Eitherway they could have done that without server side.
agogfan: I was going to wish we could have a release do over:

- drop the exclusive GOG bonus if it really is just a marketing ploy, or add it in DRM-free if it really could be useful or desirable to gamers as an option.

- have the developer state that the online and offline single-player gameplay is exactly the same.

- have GOG start a new release thread for the game...

mrkgnao: Could you please check whether you can embark on any of the following "treasure hunts":
NEA-6NW-HJ7
3RW-YCM-38N
4WV-FCG-NHH
K7R-FKG-DGU

Supposedly, you do so via "Options > Redeem key".
agogfan: ... but I like your plan better.
It may be that ONLINE- and OFFLINE-modes are the same, but ONLINE is bound to an account-system. And there are DLCs coming for sure. So we can buy some more nice weapons or perhabs the newest hat for the modern hunter of tomorrow. Keep this game, Haemimont Games: It is going to be clear more and more that this game should have never released in that state here on GOG.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by throgh
Well the game is at #1 so... sorry folks, but I'm glad to see that.
BKGaming: Well the game is at #1 so... sorry folks, but I'm glad to see that.
There are other alternatives here on GOG which have a strong singleplayer-focus (http://www.gog.com/game/shadows_heretic_kingdoms) but perhabs the people want to be bound to an account-system for multiplayer and the definition of DRM-free is going to be more diluted by this. But okay, let's see where this leads to. :-)
throgh: There are other alternatives here on GOG which have a strong singleplayer-focus (http://www.gog.com/game/shadows_heretic_kingdoms) but perhabs the people want to be bound to an account-system for multiplayer and the definition of DRM-free is going to be more diluted by this. But okay, let's see where this leads to. :-)
This trhead is reminding me of :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ekLO8BwxwE
Who is the tank?

Orginally from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg
Abbott & Costello Who's On First
Post edited July 26, 2015 by Lodium
low rated
throgh: There are other alternatives here on GOG which have a strong singleplayer-focus (http://www.gog.com/game/shadows_heretic_kingdoms) but perhabs the people want to be bound to an account-system for multiplayer and the definition of DRM-free is going to be more diluted by this. But okay, let's see where this leads to. :-)
Or perhaps were not the ones who have warped the term DRM Free and because of that the term has not diluted at all. Just saying, there 2 sides to every coin. ;)
BKGaming: Or perhaps were not the ones who have warped the term DRM Free and because of that the term has not diluted at all. Just saying, there 2 sides to every coin. ;)
As I've said: Let's see where this is going. :-)
Lodium: This trhead is reminding me of :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ekLO8BwxwE
Who is the tank?

Orginally from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg
Abbott & Costello Who's On First
This is hilarious. I can't stop laughing. Cheers for this, mate! The original is pure comedic genius.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by HijacK
Definition of DRM in a single player game:

A group of one or more (maybe all) features of the game satisfies the following criteria:

1) Is part of the product (base game, DLC etc) as sold or advertised.

2) Affects game-play in single player mode.

3) Is considered desirable by at least some customers (increases conversion rate).

4) Depends on successful authentication after the customer's acquisition of the game to function. For example, the installer may require that the player type in an unique key, or the the game may connect to a server for authentication.

The feature in question ("GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key") is proudly advertised by GOG as part of the product, with a whole section, so 1) is clearly satisfied. The other three criteria seems to be satisfied too.
low rated
symptomatic: Definition of DRM in a single player game:

A group of one or more (maybe all) features of the game satisfies the following criteria:

3) Is considered desirable by at least some customers (increases conversion rate).

4) Depends on successful authentication after the customer's acquisition of the game to function. For example, the installer may require that the player type in an unique key, or the the game may connect to a server for authentication.

The feature in question ("GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key") is proudly advertised by GOG as part of the product, with a whole section, so 1) is clearly satisfied. The other three criteria seems to be satisfied too.
Says who exactly? The term DRM has no standard definition... which is why it highly debated. In simple terms however it is largely agreed DRM is restrictions after sale. Generally DRM Free means the ability to uninstall & install said product unlimited times, copy said product unlimited times, is not controlled by the developer after sale, ect.

If we go with that, the product is DRM free...
Post edited July 26, 2015 by BKGaming

BKGaming: Says who exactly? The term DRM has no standard definition... which is why it highly debated. In simple terms however it is largely agreed DRM is restrictions after sale. Generally DRM Free means the ability to uninstall & install said product unlimited times, copy said product unlimited times, is not controlled by the developer after sale, ect.

Well then it does contain DRM.
The cheat code is controlled by the developers server, as are the treasure hunts. Now you do not need to connect to the developers to install and play the game, but to get your little DLC cheats you do, and the cheat is a limited use code as well (controlled by the developer).

EDIT:: Clarity I hope.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by 011284mm

BKGaming: Says who exactly? The term DRM has no standard definition... which is why it highly debated. In simple terms however it is largely agreed DRM is restrictions after sale. Generally DRM Free means the ability to uninstall & install said product unlimited times, copy said product unlimited times, is not controlled by the developer after sale, ect.

Nope: The only part you are referring to is the singleplayer. If that's the case: Yeah, absolutely. But the complete product "Victor Vran" is defined through all parts and that exactly implies also the multiplayer. And that is part of a discussion. For customers concentrated only on singleplayer-actions this might be correct. But the complete software is only partly usable per definition and bound to an external account-system. In fact we could furthermore fade out these facts and define the pure installation as DRM-free, so "yes". But getting the whole package is another round, so "no". What then? Three wise monkeys?
low rated

011284mm: Well then it does contain DRM.
The cheat code is controlled by the developers server, as are the treasure hunts. Now you do not need to connect to the developers to install and play the game, but to get your little DLC cheats you do, and the cheat is a limited use code as well (controlled by the developer).

No it does not "control" you... that is twisting what was meant. You can do anything you want in the confines of how the game was designed. Controlling you would be not allow you to install more than say 5 tines, or making you connect to on-line to confirm you own the game, ect. The purpose of DRM in reference to controlling you is stopping you from doing anything the developer might feel breaches the EULA you agree too. That is not the case here.

This is the way the game is designed, they are in no way controlling what you can do with said game now that you own it... you can install it on 50 PC's, you can play it fully without ever getting online, ect.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by BKGaming
Not to derail this thread, but the game you linked is Windows-only. Victor Vran devs seem to be planning to get the Linux version to GOG, and have had great Linux support on Steam from the start. Personally, I'd consider Windows far worse in terms of DRM than the (easily ignored) option to redeem a key online. Even if you play the game through wine, it's still a Windows sale vs. (hopefully soon) a Linux sale for Victor Vran, reinforcing that Windows games sell, and Linux games don't. I rather ignore the key and support the devs who support Linux, than buy a game that supports Windows. Not that I haven't on occasion bought Windows-only games myself, but you present it as a better alternative, and I'd see it as very much worse.

I also don't see this slippery slope many here seem to be so afraid of. If and when content (other than multiplayer and social features) gets locked behind some online-only login, it's time to grab the pitchforks. But in this case, nothing is missing from the single player, the devs simply added options for those who want them. This doesn't diminish the single-player experience at all. I fear making such a drama out of this will just mean that when we really have reason to be outraged, no one will take the outrage seriously any more. As others have said, don't argue slippery slope, argue what's actually here.

011284mm: Well then it does contain DRM.

Why do you want the cheats?
It doesnt affect your gameplay much as i understood it.
Is it that hard to just play the game to obtain it normally?