It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
HijacK: Go back to the forum user I pointed out, which he gladly quoted from Steam forums, which you oh so vehemently apparently read. Aside from that I'm not going to waste any more of my time.
jsjrodman: You just told me I have to find your argument without you making one.
That is *extremely* unconvincing.

I'm sorry. I"m a very cynical person and this leads me to believe you haven't got one.
Believe what you may. I already pointed you in the right direction. You just dismiss it. I'm pretty done here. If you don't want to purchase the game, again fine by me. Your decision does not affect me in any way, shape or form. I have no interest in arguing with someone on grounds that don't benefit me and/or when they dismiss an action I already took.

This and I'm enjoying my conversation with Crow here.
Starmaker: So do I understand correctly, these are just regular items which drop in-game?
Riotact: Yes indeed and quite quickly :)
Holy crap. 14 pages.

GOG should hire Justine "hope I don’t get AIDS" Sacco, she'd do a better PR job.
high rated
LiefLayer: it seem to me that you are a little crazy. Calm down, we are only discussing in a civilized manner, there is no need to get angry or insulting.
HijacK: Calm down? I was congratulating you for something. Crazy? You obviously have a language barrier. On what grounds does someone who lacks reading comprehension and understanding get to call emotions through online posts? You're a funny one. If anything I was mocking you for the conservative view you hold.
Kinda like religious conservatives and gay marriage rights. But I digress.
Calling somebody an ignorant prick is not nice also. Kudos to jsjrodman for not taking the bait and staying on topic..
Post edited July 25, 2015 by MaGo72
jsjrodman: Or at least not entirely civil.
CarrionCrow: Right. Kinda like saying you and I are having a lovely, pleasant conversation, then saying you're a fucking asshole.
Just doesn't mesh together.
I was misunderstood. In my language is a figure of speech
HijacK: Nice selection of games. It seems you truly are enjoying the recent and future releases in gaming.

CarrionCrow: Anything catching your eye recently?
HijacK: Oh, there are many games that interest me, but one can only have so much time and my PC backlog is excruciating. The only games I've been purchasing lately have been for my PS Vita and PS4. Got Shadow Warrior (2013) on PS4 since my PC can't handle it.
As for what I'm playing, I'm an RPG sucker. Playing through Dragon Age: Origins again on PC and thinking of once again tackling the Gothic series. Probably one of my favorite series ever, yet I never actually beat any game in it. Ah well, summer is not over for me yet.
With all the stuff GOG's been putting out, my "going to purchase that next" list got very large, very fast.
Figured I'd take a break after the summer sale. So much for that idea. -laughs-
Would add on Final Liberation, Shadow of the Horned Rat, Prisoner of Ice and Trine 3, but I can only sell so many human organs in a month, ya know? ;)

Beat Shadow Warrior 2013 a little while back, it was much better than I expected it to be.
Now looking forward to the sequel that much more.

Don't feel too badly, I've had that series for a while but haven't gotten into it yet.
Full series runs are such time destroyers. Got Original Sin, but I don't want to play it until I clear the earlier entries in the series. So that's 4 games, low-ball estimate of 25 to 30 hours apiece, so that's 100 to 120 hours conservatively before I so much as install the last one.
jsjrodman: You just told me I have to find your argument without you making one.
That is *extremely* unconvincing.

I'm sorry. I"m a very cynical person and this leads me to believe you haven't got one.
HijacK: Believe what you may. I already pointed you in the right direction. You just dismiss it. I'm pretty done here.
I didn't dismiss it. i pointed out how it clearly claimed the exact thing I had already stated. You tried to refer to it as an information source that undermined my position when specifically claimed the exact same thing. I'm doing the *opposite* of dismissing it.

I am asking you to either understand the reality that there is server-gated authenticated content in the game, or to use *your* selected data source to make any sort of argument at all to the contrary, which you've so far seemed unable to do.

I mean you could also just drop the subject, which would be a *much* more reasonable tacit admission than to do this weird projection game you're trying.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by jsjrodman
DoctorPirx: I'm old and pretty anal about DRM.
However, I won't discuss whether this key-thingy is DRM or not, it's just that I find this to be a strangely imprudent system. I need an account for some of the game's features? Apart from this "share it with your friends"-nonsense, what's the benefit? Does that mean, in future I'll have to create an account for every game? That'd be hundreds of accounts, hundreds of passwords... This doesn't seem very practical. The key authentication will only work as long as the servers are alive, which will not be forever - so why do devs cripple their games on purpose? To sell the e-mail addresses? I don't get it.

What I find rather positive is the fact, that so many people here scream bloody murder. Whether it's justified or not, this "outrage" will - hopefully - make it harder for GOG to water down their No-DRM-attitude, should they decide to do so.
You can get access to the same features if you play the game.
Il try to explain it.
In the old days there was something called cheat codes.
Those cheat codes coud get you :
Unlimited lifes.
Epic Sword
Special suit.
or something simmilar.

Now, you didnt have to use the cheat codes.
You coud simply play the game and get the items/stuff by your own efforts.
Pulling some example from my head.
In one of the resident evil games you coud either cheat using a code or you coud complete the game or the special missions and then
gain unlimited ammo for a weapon or something
Dont remember since it been pretty long since i played those.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by Lodium
CarrionCrow: Right. Kinda like saying you and I are having a lovely, pleasant conversation, then saying you're a fucking asshole.
Just doesn't mesh together.
jsjrodman: Well... "a little crazy" is at least a little more timid than "fucking asshole", regardless of the intent you may read behind either.

But yes having cake and eating it two was had.
But we're all a little hypocritical now and then. I don't take it too seriously.
Sensible approach. I don't take much of anything seriously. Makes things much easier.
Looking at the big picture, if I could just get past those weird bursts of homicidal rage, I'd be downright balanced. -laughs-
low rated
HijacK: Calm down? I was congratulating you for something. Crazy? You obviously have a language barrier. On what grounds does someone who lacks reading comprehension and understanding get to call emotions through online posts? You're a funny one. If anything I was mocking you for the conservative view you hold.
Kinda like religious conservatives and gay marriage rights. But I digress.
MaGo72: Calling somebody an ignorant prick is neither. Kudos to jsjrodman for not taking that baits and staying on topic..
Ah, but they were no baits. After too much discussion I just stop caring when people aren't reasonable just for the sake of not being reasonable. They want to be victims. They want this drama. They want this nonsense to continue. After a few pages I just called people for what they were. I may be arrogant, but I won't keep niceties up if people don't have the decency of keeping a mannered way of arguing afloat.
MaGo72: Kudos to jsjrodman for not taking the bait and staying on topic..
Well, I kind of did. A better person would have just not responded to that content at all, but I made a fuss about the ad hominem, which is a bit of a tired phrase, accurate or no.
However, I won't discuss whether this key-thingy is DRM or not, it's just that I find this to be a strangely imprudent system. I need an account for some of the game's features? Apart from this "share it with your friends"-nonsense, what's the benefit? Does that mean, in future I'll have to create an account for every game? That'd be hundreds of accounts, hundreds of passwords... This doesn't seem very practical. The key authentication will only work as long as the servers are alive, which will not be forever - so why do devs cripple their games on purpose? To sell the e-mail addresses? I don't get it.

What I find rather positive is the fact, that so many people here scream bloody murder. Whether it's justified or not, this "outrage" will - hopefully - make it harder for GOG to water down their No-DRM-attitude, should they decide to do so.
Lodium: You can get access to the same features if you play the game.
Il try to explain it.
Unlimited lifes.
Epic Sword
Special suit.
or something simmilar.

Pulling some examples from my head.
In one of the resident evil games you coud either cheat using a code or you coud complete the game or the special missions and then
gain unlimited ammo for a weapon or something.
The provided GOG code seems to be part a gaming component of the game that requires being online ingame and redeeming a code.

This game component is called treasure hunts, which you can complete yourself or with other players when playing online by sharing a code for that treasure map. You can complete a treasure map you received online by redeeming the map later in single player offline.

However in single player offline that game component is deactivated, so no treasure hunts for playing offline as the gaming component is hosted server side and not managed by the game itself.

I have not played the game, so I did put this together from fragments and I am not sure this is right. Some clarification would be great.
low rated
jsjrodman: snip
Whatever dude. Believe what you may. I believe I already stated before I was done here. If you think we were still keeping that argument up you were wrong.

CarrionCrow: With all the stuff GOG's been putting out, my "going to purchase that next" list got very large, very fast.
Figured I'd take a break after the summer sale. So much for that idea. -laughs-
Would add on Final Liberation, Shadow of the Horned Rat, Prisoner of Ice and Trine 3, but I can only sell so many human organs in a month, ya know? ;)
Yeah, gaming is like no longer a thing for the lower middle class anymore. Like seriously. These new parts I have to buy, and these games? And...oh, but what is this?... a shiny collector's edition that I badly want even though I'm buying it just to read some books, enjoy some art or brag I have it.... So much money needed for this now.

CarrionCrow: Beat Shadow Warrior 2013 a little while back, it was much better than I expected it to be.
Now looking forward to the sequel that much more.
Interesting. Can't wait to delve in it. But I first need to beat Bound by Flame. Fairly decent RPG. A bit clunky though. Still, I don't want to neglect it. Last thing I want is a backlog for yet another system. Like I didn't have enough.

CarrionCrow: Don't feel too badly, I've had that series for a while but haven't gotten into it yet.
Full series runs are such time destroyers. Got Original Sin, but I don't want to play it until I clear the earlier entries in the series. So that's 4 games, low-ball estimate of 25 to 30 hours apiece, so that's 100 to 120 hours conservatively before I so much as install the last one.
I know what you're talking about. I always get this itch to replay the Mass Effect series from beginning to end and then I just remind myself of how many hours it takes to complete one game for the best outcome and I'm like "Yeah, let's work on that backlog of not so long series."
Riotact: Yes indeed and quite quickly :)
Starmaker: Holy crap. 14 pages.

GOG should hire Justine "hope I don’t get AIDS" Sacco, she'd do a better PR job.
Your point remaining quite valid...

In the interim, it was determined that some endgamey content is also server-controlled, and will never be available if you do not go online or if their servers go down, so the problem turned out to be a bit larger than originally thought.

Lodium: You can get access to the same features if you play the game.
Il try to explain it.
Unlimited lifes.
Epic Sword
Special suit.
or something simmilar.

Pulling some example from my head.
gain unlimited ammo for a weapon or something.
nvm

edit: my earlier post did not show up, so ignore this
15 pages? What's going on here, can you summarize it for me? :)