It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mechanical perfection.

<span class="bold">Unmechanical Extended</span>, the adorable puzzle-exploration title gets bigger, now DRM-free on GOG.com. Grab it today with the 60% discount!

It may have originally been released in 2012, but it's still one of the best looking indie games out there. That, and the numerous awards for visual design, are a testament to its beauty. Unmechanical is a mind-bending game of puzzles, exploration and mysterious ambiance. You're a rotor-clad robot on a mission to turn all the cogs, pull all the levers, and balance the right scales across mazes of caves, pipes, and other twisty things.

Unmechanical Extended adds Mac and Linux support to the game, but it also adds a whole new chunk of gameplay - an alternative story of two little robots swallowed up by the darkness that lurks beneath their cities. After being separated in the caves and mazes, the only question that remains is whether you'll save your little friend, or will he save you?

The Extended edition of unmechanical is a free upgrade for everyone who already owns the game.

Challenge your programming in <span class="bold">Unmechanical Extended</span> now available DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until November 26, 1:59 PM GMT.
Micro-BIOS: I only get a screen that says Machinarium, and when I click on it, the only option is Play New Game. And it starts the classic one.
Well, maybe you should download Unmechanical and not Machinarium then. ;-)
Micro-BIOS: I only get a screen that says Machinarium, and when I click on it, the only option is Play New Game. And it starts the classic one.
PaterAlf: Well, maybe you should download Unmechanical and not Machinarium then. ;-)
Oops, wrong machine downloaded.
PaterAlf: Well, maybe you should download Unmechanical and not Machinarium then. ;-)
Micro-BIOS: Oops, wrong machine downloaded.
ROFL.
sebarnolds: Nice to have an update after so much time.

I'll have to play this sometimes :)
Ditto. I beat it a few years ago, glad to have a reason to revisit it, although i probably won't this year...
I just played the extended bit. For me, it glitched near the end, I think. Something I expected to happen didn't. Instead, I was no longer able to control the robot, as if I were dead. However, when I brought up the escape menu (which is an overlay), I was able to control the robot again. Exited the escape menu and once again, no control.

I reloaded and and instead skipped something entirely a part that seemed really significant. Just flew right past it. Credits started rolling, with no explanation.

If the object of the game is headscratching, great success.
Has anyone else found analog input to be broken in this version? Moving with the keyboard or d-pad works fine, but using an analog stick makes me move very slowly for some reason. I'm also surprised that the game still doesn't have controller support in menus.

EDIT: Also, with any input method, I can barely move upward. At least in the extended part of the game where you start to have limited upward flight time. Is this normal? If so, it's pretty frustrating and has already caused me to have no choice but to exit to the main menu and lose progress once because I got stuck somewhere that I couldn't fly out of.
Post edited November 25, 2015 by Marioface5
Already found 3 game-breaking bugs, so the programming is shoddy on the Extended part. Fortunately this added content is free but it's still a shame that they can't properly beta test this stuff. Found all the 3 bugs in one single playthrough so I didn't even go into "test mode". It's quite possible that other players encounter no bugs at all, one bug in particular only happened when I exited the game for a break and when I reloaded and had to replay the parts that I already played but that came after the check point, the game placed me in a situation where it didn't give me the item needed to proceed.
I can't believe they don't find this basic kinda stuff in beta testing (if they do any, that is). No more Talawa Games purchases from me, at least not on release dates and only on very steep sales, if at all. Already got my money's worth on the base game though which on discount is very much worth getting for around $2-3.
Post edited November 25, 2015 by awalterj
Thanks for the free stuff!
Thank you for the free Linux upgrade! You're so kind!
Thanks for the free upgrade!

It's a good reason to play this game for one more time! :-)

EDIT: Just finished the DLC on Linux!

There are two endings, but only one works. All attempts for the second have got me stuck. :-(

If anyone is interested, I attach a picture. Since it's about an ending, maybe it should be considered a spoiler.
Attachments:
Post edited November 25, 2015 by vanchann
Thank you once more, GOG.com! :D

This is one of the very first games I have ever bought here and I am sure installing it as we speak to enjoy it again! :D

Thanks for more gaming goodness! :)
vanchann: There are two endings, but only one works. All attempts for the second have got me stuck. :-(
Yep, that was what happened to me. (Same as your screenshot.)

If you press escape to bring up the menu, you may find that you can move while the menu is active.

I was able to reach an ending by skipping that part, but it wasn't... satisfying.
Another Linux user here.
I can confirm, that the good ending (the one that I tried first) doesn't work.
Wtf? This is not nice!

Steam's PC version seems to have the same bug:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/211180/discussions/0/485623339234340441/
Post edited November 26, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Leroux: Can you play the new content without having to play through the old one again, and without having kept a savegame of your first playthrough, or is it embedded in the main game in such a way that you'd have to replay the whole game in order to see it?
Flemeth: Yes, you can access the new content directly from the game's main menu (it is listed as Extended DLC). You don't need any prior savegame in order to play it.
I finished the base game about 6 months ago. I am glad to hear that I can play the extended piece without having to replay the base game.