It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A foxy quest for old-school love!

<span class="bold">Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back</span>, an addictive but punishing sidescrolling platformer from the glory days, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Remember when, as kids, you were smitten with your friend's gaming machine and certain that you could beat that amazing platformer they couldn't seem to master? Titus the Fox was one of those games.
The constantly smiling fox is on a mission to rescue his kidnapped sweetheart, Suzy, and he's even willing to cross the Sahara desert to get to her. Angry construction workers, giant bees, ferocious dogs, and unfriendly louts will try to stop him, but Titus has the means to outfox them all. Pick up enemies and throw them at their colleagues, jump higher with the help of well-placed springs, or sweep across the terrain using unconventional means of transportation like skateboards and magic carpets. Your true love awaits!

Relive the glory days of zany platforming with the <span class="bold">Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Smannesman: Well it's old.
I don't really remember it being great though.
jamyskis: Indeed. I recall this being developed using the same engine as The Blues Brothers, which on the Amiga was a much better game than Titus the Fox. Slim chance of ever seeing The Blues Brothers here for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't want the DOS version anyway, which was an absolute fucking mess.

Bit pricey for this one game anyway. Should have been part of a collection of Amiga-era Titus games for €10-15 - Crazy Cars 1-3, Fire & Forget 1 & 2, Titan and Super Cauldron.
Mmh, what about oldie non-pc games... this could work with emulators... this would also bring the "old" in good old games... but this would also make the miracle of getting the rights of system shock like a pretty mundane event... :P
This really is not a good game by any measure... but I feel obligated to get it at some point.
deleted
IAmSinistar: If we can get good old platformers from the Amiga days in their DOS incarnations, how about this one?
Hmmm... was this game also released for the 16-bit consoles (Mega Drive, SNES) under a different name? These screenshots ring a lot of bells, but I'd swear the game I'm thinking of bore another title. I'm confused... :\

EDIT: Never mind, I see it was also available for the SNES. I guess I've got a better visual memory than a verbal one. :P
Post edited October 13, 2016 by muntdefems
Grargar: I didn't expect Interplay to release another game while they were busy selling their catalog.
Ditto. Weird.
IAmSinistar: If we can get good old platformers from the Amiga days in their DOS incarnations, how about this one?
Gods was awesome. I remember playing it on a 286 PC.
Probably, if the legal situation can be sorted (and we both know how that can go).

I tried to get "Inner Worlds" onto GOG back around 2013, but communication just dropped. :P

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Worlds_(video_game]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Worlds_(video_game[/url])
Post edited October 13, 2016 by tfishell
I don't think I ever played it, I just watched other people repeatedly failing. Great level design.
JudasIscariot: Yes, see the attached screenshot :)
Titus is the US version of "Les Aventures de Moktar : La Zoubida" released in France in 1991. It's almost the same game, except the main character who is the parody of a French humorist, Vincent Lagaf'.
Well, we have variants of Chaos Engine and Speedball 2 here, so whoever is managing the rights to the Bitmap Bros. titles is clearly not adverse to having them here, and the DOS versions of most of the Bitmap Bros. games weren't terrible, Xenon 1 & 2 notwithstanding.

The DOS version of Gods is actually surprisingly close to the Amiga version, although the Amiga version of that particular game was a bit of an outlier in that it turned out to be one of the weakest versions of the game (unusual in that Bitmap Bros. were usually an Amiga-centric developer, but they took the opportunity with the later console ports to iron out many of the games biggest problems).

I actually still have original, legal copies of the CD-ROM versions of Speedball 2, Magic Pockets, Gods and Xenon 2. No special CD-ROM features, just a tacky installer for installation under Windows 95 so that they could run in Win95 DOS mode :)
JudasIscariot: Yes, see the attached screenshot :)
MaxFulvus: Titus is the US version of "Les Aventures de Moktar : La Zoubida" released in France in 1991. It's almost the same game, except the main character who is the parody of a French humorist, Vincent Lagaf'.
It's included with Titus. Look under the specs on the gamecard (they should've put it in the goodies section for greater visibility).
So many hours sunk into this one... nice GOG, very nice. =)

Also very hard, I remember one particular platforming section towards the end where I would lose again and again and again...
Post edited October 14, 2016 by Tannath
low rated
deleted
Post edited October 14, 2016 by Fairfox
Oh my Fucking god. that company that made this game is the reason Parallax Software were pissed off about. the two guys that, according to friend are described as complete fucking dicks. Since they bought Interplay, they have destroyed everything and said to them, "Fuck you" to Matt, lead of Parallax Software. I will not be buying this from them. fuck them.
I noticed that all the Bitmap Brothers games rereleased are either bad ports or bad remakes. That's unfortunate because they made a lot of memorable games that are still enjoyable in their dos version (so they can easly be released). Sure, the amiga version of some of them would be good too, but they cannot release them in that form so they have to remake or port them, with not so great result.
I guess that's some decision on Bitmap Brothers part, I don't see why GOG would miss such opportunity.

Anyway cheers for Titus The Fox, I used to play it a lot when I was a kid on a pc that was barely capable of running it.