It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witcher World is Back!

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, a brand new adventure set in the world of The Witcher, is now available on PC, exclusively via GOG.com.
Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
As queen Meve, build an army and engage in story battles as you unravel an all-new 30-hour Witcher Tale that sends you exploring never-before-seen parts of The Witcher world — Lyria, Rivia, Aedirn, Mahakam and Angren.

Thronebreaker comes with awesome free bonus items, available to claim and download right away. These include the official Thronebreaker soundtrack, the digital artbook for GWENT, the digital graphic novel Fox Children from Dark Horse, plus premium kegs, titles, and avatars for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

Note: Owners of Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will get GWENT: The Witcher Card Game added to their library.
high rated
At the start i didn't care about Thronebreaker, but do to the recent development (HAVE TO SKIP AN OBNOXIOUS VIDEO AUTOPLAY GAME AD JUST SO I CAN VISIT THE SITE!), I'm starting to really HATE this game.

Like the current state of the website wasn't bad enough.
Post edited October 24, 2018 by 00063
MarkoH01: Exactly THAT. There is advertizing and there is scaring people away because of massive intrusive advertizing. Sometimes less is more ;)
gamesfreak64: Valve is on Steam, changes are big they also promote their own games with huge banners and images.
Anyway i understand your upset, i dont like huge banners or anyhting huge at al for that matter , normally i would addblock and ript it permanently ( 2 old but very good addons which are legacy so new FF has to do go new adblock that doesnt block everything cause they whitelisted lots of big sites ( paid?)
Oh, I am not upset - this is just constructive critizism. Also the fact that Valve does the same does not mean that it's a good thing. I don't like it there as well - but since I don't actually care about Valve or Steam I also don't see any reason to tell them (especially since I think Valve does care as much about me as I do about them ;)).
gamesfreak64: 25 or 26 euros is not that much for a good game...
You're absolutely right. That's a fair price for a good game. I just don't have the money right now. My wallet is empty. ;) Added it to my wishlist for now.
gamesfreak64: 25 or 26 euros is not that much for a good game...
matterbandit: You're absolutely right. That's a fair price for a good game. I just don't have the money right now. My wallet is empty. ;) Added it to my wishlist for now.
My wallet is normally only filled with holes, reason why i have some cash left is the lack of good games currently released, good games as in games i like , i got the 4.99 euro Predynastic Egypt

topic:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_predynastic_egypt_ab679

Which seems to be same as the demo , short and limited, some claim that the paid version has a few extra things in the game, still the game seems to be the same... and the listprice is 9.99 seems people at steam paid 9.99 for it so that kinda makes my 'bad' afternoon a little less bad ... i'm not the only one, cause those poor gamers at Steam have been had .... ☆($‿$)☆

Kaching ......$$$
Post edited October 24, 2018 by gamesfreak64
kohlrak: It's not that they're tooting their own horn, it's just that every time they make a new toot it becomes more invasive. I heard about this game a while ago, and decided i wasn't interested. Apparently, gog doesn't feel that's OK, so they're making really invasive ads.
Hickory: This is their turf, their game, their prerogative. It's what all companies (ALL companies) do with their own new product. To think they should tone down their advertising just because you're not interested is naive in the extreme.
Yeah, but the objective of a store is to sell things. if a customer is turned off by the store's promotions, they may choose another store, or forgo purchases altogether if it's not a necessity. Maybe i was coming to buy a game on hype, but this annoying ad ruined the hype? Either way, if you weren't interested in the game, the ad made no difference: the whole thing is tone deaf. Excusing it as "all companies do it" doesn't really change that. And, knowing gog promos, it doesn't disappear simply because you buy it, so the more invasive they get, the more they turn off people who already have bought it, and likely even some (albeit very few) that were interested, but now turned off.
Some gog-only users might have missed the real life for some time, but gog is not your friend. They don't care if you like or dislike the design or intrusive ads. They are a company, they want to make money and they are already starting to stray away from their own principles and promises. They are only "gamer friendly" and drm free until they have a solid income. Now they are selling a lot of soulless indie games, while refusing some titles with actual quality because you are not a curator, and drm ridden games (e.g. Stellaris) just like steam and force you to use galaxy if you want to play gwent which also is basically a slot machine. Curators and money are all that counts.
How is it that a game releasing in 2018, not 1998, with an engine that natively supports WQHD Ultrawide resolutions still refuses to run at 3440x1440 for no apparent reason whatsoever?
Okay, so I just lost my hours playing this game. Why ? Because this game has the worst saving system I've ever seen. I've wanted to go back a previous save because I made a choice that didn't suit me, but you simply CANNOT DO THAT. I saw that I had two saves, the one currently used and one from yesterday. I loaded the one from yesterday, bringing me back to the beginning of the game (a little too far for my tastes), so I tried to go back to my current save. But it has been erased by the one from yesterday, which force me to redo everything !

You've been working on this game for at least 6 months, the least you could have done is a proper saving system, not to mention the fact that I've paid this game 25 bucks ! This is unacceptable.
HunchBluntley: I think I've heard that the game is set sometime before Wild Hunt (not sure if we're talking "a little bit before" or "several years before"), so you should be safe there.
Can't answer the rest, sorry. But you should have known this thread would not be for people who are playing the game, but for ideology-based complaints and rants. ;]
Ah well, it not spoiling Witcher 3 is enough info for me anyway. ;] Thank you.
Does anyone know if cdprojek intend to improve the gwent ai in this game ? One reason I've held off so far is because nearly all the reviews I've read have indicated the ai is pretty crappy at playing cards. Witcher 3 wasn't super hard but my memory is the ai did a decent job playing.

Since this game only has gwent for combat; I would hope that there would be more focus on the computer ability to play...
ChrisGamer300: Please GOG do NOT automatically add Gwent Online to our libraries because i don't want clutter up my library with games i will never try, thx.

I'm intrigued by this game otherwise but Gwent Online added is a dealbreaker when it's easy enough to add myself if would want it.
Seconding this. Gwent Online being included is a dealbreaker for me. Not going to support Gwent or the client. Bummer, because I was interested in the game, prior to the excessive advertisement, which waned my interest a bit but I still have interest.

Is a version coming without Gwent? Or is this similar to how GTA Online was included as a "free bonus" with GTA V, only to get special treatment while meanwhile offline expansions are silently cancelled? The ads, Gwent-pushing, and continued trend of Galaxy-pushing really make me uneasy about what exactly this game is and what it represents, to begin with.
Enllil: Okay, so I just lost my hours playing this game. Why ? Because this game has the worst saving system I've ever seen. I've wanted to go back a previous save because I made a choice that didn't suit me, but you simply CANNOT DO THAT. I saw that I had two saves, the one currently used and one from yesterday. I loaded the one from yesterday, bringing me back to the beginning of the game (a little too far for my tastes), so I tried to go back to my current save. But it has been erased by the one from yesterday, which force me to redo everything !

You've been working on this game for at least 6 months, the least you could have done is a proper saving system, not to mention the fact that I've paid this game 25 bucks ! This is unacceptable.
Its an old school RPG, the fact your choices are perminent is the point lol! You are ridiculous
Enllil: Okay, so I just lost my hours playing this game. Why ? Because this game has the worst saving system I've ever seen. I've wanted to go back a previous save because I made a choice that didn't suit me, but you simply CANNOT DO THAT. I saw that I had two saves, the one currently used and one from yesterday. I loaded the one from yesterday, bringing me back to the beginning of the game (a little too far for my tastes), so I tried to go back to my current save. But it has been erased by the one from yesterday, which force me to redo everything !

ChaosNetwork: Its an old school RPG, the fact your choices are perminent is the point lol! You are ridiculous
What old school RPG destroys save files/prevents you from going back? Trying to force the user info final decisions is a new trend (fake old school). Even old games that only had one save slot like the first Eye of the Beholder allowed you to reload the save file whenever you wanted. And you could keep several saves if you copied the save file by hand.
Really CDPR?

https://twitter.com/outstarwalker/status/1059106042355826689?s=19

You are developing a pure SP experience wthout DRM (since we all know that GWENT is DRM'd) just to add MP exclusive content?
Post edited November 05, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Really CDPR?

https://twitter.com/outstarwalker/status/1059106042355826689?s=19

You are developing a pure SP experience wthout DRM (since we all know that GWENT is DRM'd) just to add MP exclusive content?
Sadly I have to say, I'm not surprised anymore. With how strongly they are pushing Gwent, it's not a surprise that they try to use Thronebreaker in every way they can to trick people into 'trying out' Gwent, hoping that some get stuck and spend money there on Lootboxes.

I'm quite happy with my decision not to buy Thronebreaker, even though I had been waiting for it. But it turned out to be nothing more than a huge 'TRY GWENT!!11!1!' lure.