It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join Geralt of Rivia in his well-deserved victory lap.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, the ultimate celebration of the most critically-acclaimed game in recent years, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements. This package includes the base game, the soundtracks, both expansions and every bit of DLC released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

If the 800+ awards and millions of enthusiastic fans are to be believed, 2015 was the year of the (White) Wolf. That's when Geralt of Rivia, the reluctant hero and dispassionate monster slayer, set out on his most personal quest yet: to save Ciri, the child of prophecy, from the Wild Hunt. But beyond the mature storytelling and emotional gravitas, Witcher 3 offered an awe-inspiring open-world rife with rewarding exploration and engaging combat.

Later that year, Geralt's travels brought him face to face with the enigmatic Master Mirror and a man cursed with eternal life. Hearts of Stone was widely recognised as one of the darkest, yet delightfully subversive adventures ever presented within The Witcher universe.

The intoxicating region of Beauclair became the stage for the White Wolf's last bow. Untouched by war but haunted by its own demons, the land of Blood and Wine expanded the Witcher world even further, bringing new monsters, additional pieces of equipment, and more powerful mutations to help Geralt defeat the legendary Beast of Beauclair and claim his ultimate destiny. But not before he collects all the new Gwent cards that he's missing!

Grab your silver swords and slice open <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. To learn more about the contents of the package and the astonishing world of The Witcher 3, spur Roach in <span class="bold">this direction</span>.

If you own the expansions separately or as part of the Expansion Pass, you're in for a treat as well: <span class="bold">Hearts of Stone</span> and <span class="bold">Blood and Wine</span> just got updated to include the free OSTs, both in mp3 and FLAC format.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aduurw9s7GI
Post edited August 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Hey guys, just to clear the air a bit on the matter of the GOTY version VS the base game + expansions.

In terms of content and updates, there is absolutely NO difference between these two, so if you already own The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass, you are not missing out on anything, apart from another box cover in your Library :)

PS: That trailer reminded me I should replay the game sometime, just to pay my final respects to the bloody Ladies of the Wood >.<

[EDIT] Pinned to top
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Destro
I still don´t get why people would not just download it through GOG Galaxy and then keep those files. The size will be similar if not the same. And it would be just portable. Don´t need to install/uninstall anywhere and without all those 1 or 4 or whatever installers.

FFS... There are WAY more important and interesting things were GOG guys should focus right now...
JMSarDev: I still don´t get why people would not just download it through GOG Galaxy and then keep those files. ...
Actually as a convenience feature they could have a button which downloads and installs a game plus all available DLCs in one go without asking too much during the process.

This would not only apply to Witcher 3 but to all other games with DLCs (GalCiv 3 for example) too and could be quite a useful feature of Galaxy.

I don't know Galaxy well enough (only tested it shortly) to know if this feature exists already but just in case it doesn't I made a wish for it:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/one_click_download_andor_install_of_game_and_all_available_expansionsdlcs
Post edited August 31, 2016 by Trilarion
iRevolt: Grats on the release.

However I got already the "GoTY" Edition way before it was announced as official. Since there is no difference between game+expansion and goty, I'm ok.

Wish though that you could release the tracks from expansions for purchase on GoG.
Thx.
If you mean the soundtracks for the expansions, those are available free in your goodies.
paladin181: The advantage is you got to play the game earlier. You paid the premium price for that right. You could have waited and gotten the discount price... I paid full price for everything too and I'm quite pleased.
Well that's asinine. Still doesn't explain why I have to pay more for the DLC than someone buying the game today.
If people want the shiny box, give them the shiny box.
paladin181: The advantage is you got to play the game earlier. You paid the premium price for that right. You could have waited and gotten the discount price... I paid full price for everything too and I'm quite pleased.
IAmSinistar: Well that's asinine. Still doesn't explain why I have to pay more for the DLC than someone buying the game today.
You don't have to pay more. Just buy the GOTY game today and you get also the DLC. Therefore the DLC is never more expensive. Also the expansion pass is quite okay from the price.
Trilarion: You don't have to pay more. Just buy the GOTY game today and you get also the DLC. Therefore the DLC is never more expensive. Also the expansion pass is quite okay from the price.
And the money I spent on the base game?

EDIT: Just to clarify to everyone, I understand WHY stores do these kinds of deals. It's to drive new sales by making a tempting offer to new buyers. That doesn't stop me from thinking that such marketing trends are an insult to existing loyal customers, though. But then I'm not a marketer, I'm a fully realised human being.
Post edited August 31, 2016 by IAmSinistar
Smannesman: If people want the shiny box, give them the shiny box.
The GOG website/catalog software seems to have the capability to manage these types of situations:

https://www.gog.com/news/release_the_incredible_adventures_of_van_helsing_final_cut

Just handle TW3 GotY in the same way as Van Helsing Final Cut.
maladr0Id: Hey guys, just to clear the air a bit on the matter of the GOTY version VS the base game + expansions.

In terms of content and updates, there is absolutely NO difference between these two, so if you already own The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass, you are not missing out on anything, apart from another box cover in your Library :)

PS: That trailer reminded me I should replay the game sometime, just to pay my final respects to the bloody Ladies of the Wood >.<

[EDIT] Pinned to top
hi maladr0Id, can you please confirm this will also work with the base game inserted to my library from a code from graphics card? I have the game in my library but when I click here it says I don't have it (must be a different version)
I own (since I prepurchased) every single Witcher 3 piece of software here at GOG's (that is game plus all expansions):

This is what I'm offered to download by GOG as of today:

Game downloads os: windows lang:
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The (Part 1 of 8) 1.10 (gog-40) 24 MB
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The (Part 2 of 8) 1.10 (gog-40) 3.9 GB
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The (Part 3 of 8) 1.10 (gog-40) 3.9 GB
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The (Part 4 of 8) 1.10 (gog-40) 3.9 GB
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The (Part 5 of 8) 1.10 (gog-40) 3.9 GB
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The (Part 6 of 8) 1.10 (gog-40) 3.9 GB
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The (Part 7 of 8) 1.10 (gog-40) 3.9 GB
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The (Part 8 of 8) 1.10 (gog-40) 3.1 GB
Patch 1.10 (part 1 of 4) 1.01+ -> 1.10 1 MB
Patch 1.10 (part 2 of 4) 1.01+ -> 1.10 4.1 GB
Patch 1.10 (part 3 of 4) 1.01+ -> 1.10 4.1 GB
Patch 1.10 (part 4 of 4) 1.01+ -> 1.10 2.1 GB
Patch 1.22 (part 1 of 2) 1.10+ -> 1.22 1 MB
Patch 1.22 (part 2 of 2) 1.10+ -> 1.22 2.1 GB
Patch 1.24 1.22 -> 1.24 11 MBPatch 1.30 1.24 -> 1.30 447 MB

DLC Downloads
free DLC program (16 DLC) 1.22 523 MB
free DLC program (16 DLC) - Patch 1.30 1.22 -> 1.30 8 MB
Hearts of Stone - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Hearts of Stone (Part 1 of 3) 1.22 1 MB
Hearts of Stone - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Hearts of Stone (Part 2 of 3) 1.22 4.1 GB
Hearts of Stone - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Hearts of Stone (Part 3 of 3) 1.22 269 MB
Hearts of Stone - Patch 1.30 1.22 -> 1.30 143 MB
Blood and Wine - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Blood and Wine (Part 1 of 3) 1.22 1 MB
Blood and Wine - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Blood and Wine (Part 2 of 3) 1.22 4.1 GB
Blood and Wine - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Blood and Wine (Part 3 of 3) 1.22 3.1 GB
Blood and Wine - multi-language pack (part 1 of 3) 1 MB
Blood and Wine - multi-language pack (part 2 of 3) 4 GB
Blood and Wine - multi-language pack (part 3 of 3) 3.1 GB
Blood and Wine - Patch 1.30 1.22 -> 1.30 449 MB

EDIT: I would not call this "a single installer"
Post edited August 31, 2016 by Lobuno
Trilarion: But wasn't there a price drop for the expansions too? They are now at 25€ and the base is at 30€ and the GOTY at 50€, so it all adds up nicely. There must have been a price drop too for the expansions, haven't there?
Nope? Unless the GOG Expansion pass was at some point more expensive than on Steam, it's been 25eu from the start, according to steams pricing history. I also don't really remember the Expansion Pass separately going on sale recently, only together with the base game (I might be wrong on this one though). And the expansion themselves only received deals that, put together, equate to the price of the pass (again, according to steam pricing history).
So, yup, my point still stands - early buyers get the short end of the stick, price-wise, where expansions are concerned. (Or rather the long one, since they have to pay more :D)
Post edited August 31, 2016 by goodold_curly
Trilarion: But wasn't there a price drop for the expansions too? They are now at 25€ and the base is at 30€ and the GOTY at 50€, so it all adds up nicely. There must have been a price drop too for the expansions, haven't there?
goodold_curly: Nope? Unless the GOG Expansion pass was at some point more expensive than on Steam, it's been 25eu from the start, according to steams pricing history. I also don't really remember the Expansion Pass separately going on sale recently, only together with the base game (I might be wrong on this one though). And the expansion themselves only received deals that, put together, equate to the price of the pass (again, according to steam pricing history).
So, yup, my point still stands - early buyers get the short end of the stick, price-wise, where expansions are concerned. (Or rather the long one, since they have to pay more :D)
The Expansion Pass, by itself, has never been on sale. ($24.99)
The two expansions have but never more than the combined expansion pass.
Hearts of Stone ($8.49) and Blood and WIne ($16.99)
The best sale price for the now defunct Game + Expansion Pass was $49.99, the same as the new GOTY price.
And for completeness, the best sale on the base game has been $24.99

Which ironically means catching the base game on sale and buying the Expansion Pass at full price, saves a penny over the GOTY edition... ($49.98)

Edit: Of course with fluctuating world currency prices and price conversions, this may not hold exactly true in all non-U.S. currencies.
Post edited August 31, 2016 by RWarehall
maladr0Id: Hey guys, just to clear the air a bit on the matter of the GOTY version VS the base game + expansions.

Kunovski: hi maladr0Id, can you please confirm this will also work with the base game inserted to my library from a code from graphics card? I have the game in my library but when I click here it says I don't have it (must be a different version)
Even if your version has a different ID than the one sold through GOG.com, you shouldn't have any compatibility issues with the expansions.

You can make sure by adding them to your cart and trying to Checkout. If no warning messages appear during checkout, you'll know for sure that you are good to go, whenever you choose :)
iRevolt: Grats on the release.

However I got already the "GoTY" Edition way before it was announced as official. Since there is no difference between game+expansion and goty, I'm ok.

Wish though that you could release the tracks from expansions for purchase on GoG.
Thx.
bricbrac: If you mean the soundtracks for the expansions, those are available free in your goodies.
Yep, that's what I meant. I have the game on Steam though, so no goodies for me.

I'll wait for a deal on Goty edition here and will buy it so I can have the goodies I guess.
bricbrac: If you mean the soundtracks for the expansions, those are available free in your goodies.
iRevolt: Yep, that's what I meant. I have the game on Steam though, so no goodies for me.

I'll wait for a deal on Goty edition here and will buy it so I can have the goodies I guess.
Ah, I see. Was there not a redeem code to unlock Witcher 3 (and therefore the extras) on GOG if you'd bought it elsewhere.? I know this was done for W1 &W2 but not sure about W3.

Edit: Yeah, just double checked and they didn't do that with W3. =(
Post edited August 31, 2016 by bricbrac