It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join Geralt of Rivia in his well-deserved victory lap.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, the ultimate celebration of the most critically-acclaimed game in recent years, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements. This package includes the base game, the soundtracks, both expansions and every bit of DLC released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

If the 800+ awards and millions of enthusiastic fans are to be believed, 2015 was the year of the (White) Wolf. That's when Geralt of Rivia, the reluctant hero and dispassionate monster slayer, set out on his most personal quest yet: to save Ciri, the child of prophecy, from the Wild Hunt. But beyond the mature storytelling and emotional gravitas, Witcher 3 offered an awe-inspiring open-world rife with rewarding exploration and engaging combat.

Later that year, Geralt's travels brought him face to face with the enigmatic Master Mirror and a man cursed with eternal life. Hearts of Stone was widely recognised as one of the darkest, yet delightfully subversive adventures ever presented within The Witcher universe.

The intoxicating region of Beauclair became the stage for the White Wolf's last bow. Untouched by war but haunted by its own demons, the land of Blood and Wine expanded the Witcher world even further, bringing new monsters, additional pieces of equipment, and more powerful mutations to help Geralt defeat the legendary Beast of Beauclair and claim his ultimate destiny. But not before he collects all the new Gwent cards that he's missing!

Grab your silver swords and slice open <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. To learn more about the contents of the package and the astonishing world of The Witcher 3, spur Roach in <span class="bold">this direction</span>.

If you own the expansions separately or as part of the Expansion Pass, you're in for a treat as well: <span class="bold">Hearts of Stone</span> and <span class="bold">Blood and Wine</span> just got updated to include the free OSTs, both in mp3 and FLAC format.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aduurw9s7GI
Post edited August 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Hey guys, just to clear the air a bit on the matter of the GOTY version VS the base game + expansions.

In terms of content and updates, there is absolutely NO difference between these two, so if you already own The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass, you are not missing out on anything, apart from another box cover in your Library :)

PS: That trailer reminded me I should replay the game sometime, just to pay my final respects to the bloody Ladies of the Wood >.<

[EDIT] Pinned to top
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Destro
I still believe the best would be to have just the normal edition of the game + DLCs and those who add to the cart the GOTY edition would add the game + DLCs.

No redundancy with the games in both GOG and the libraries. And no "Edition Name" on the Games list. Just the game name.

The same way the games with "Collector´s edition" appear in the store but it´s just the game + DLCs in my account. I feel that´s the cleaner way.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by JMSarDev
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt || Creating the sound Developer Diary
What I don't get is why, when GOTY versions are released, you don't drop the price of the expansions. New adapters will mostly choose the GOTY version, and at this point the people buying expansions will mostly be early buyers of the base game, so you're basically punishing them for giving you their money earlier & in bigger amounts.
Post edited August 31, 2016 by goodold_curly
Sorry if I missed it, but how long does this offer last? Thanks.
BubbaSatori: Sorry if I missed it, but how long does this offer last? Thanks.
Which offer ? , that's the price of the GOTY edition, there's no discount : check the main page / on sale , the GOTY edition isn't included, it's in the new tab.

However i find odd it's still possible to buy the base game, for the expansion pass i understand why. I have missed something ...
Post edited August 31, 2016 by DyNaer
IAmSinistar: Right. The difference is merely in price. As someone who supported the game from release, I get to pay more to own the otherwise-indistiguisable full set of content. Sort of the inverse of a loyalty discount.

That's awesome. You can bet if Cyberpunk 2077 ever gets out of development hell I won't make that mistake again.
The advantage is you got to play the game earlier. You paid the premium price for that right. You could have waited and gotten the discount price... I paid full price for everything too and I'm quite pleased.
Can someone tell me how activate dlc with alternative look for triss/yennefer/ciri? In options i can't see "downloadable content"... By the way I have hearts of stone, wine and blood, new haircuts etc. without activating anything...
Just wanted to say congrats for The Witcher 3's success. It's the only game I paid full price in recent years and I don't regret a single cent. It's also a great reminder for the recently Denuvo-obsessed games industry that a DRM-free game can be a commercial success.
SolidSnale: Yeah we know, the question is why GOG/CDPR didn't provide the new version for free on GOG or Steam.
I mean, even Bethesda is giving the new Skyrim version for free if you own the base game+all packages, a lot of indie devs, like Ether One one or Astronauts for Ethan Carter gave the updated version for free.
I repeat, I know the contents are exactly the same, but still it would be a kind gesture even in memory of the old Enhanced versions of W1 and W2.
The reason why, is because there IS NO NEW VERSION. It is simply a new rebranding of the existing game with no new content, the exact same installer packages, the exact same everything, with the title changed from "The Witcher 3" to "The Witcher 3 GOTY". Nobody is missing anything, and there is nothing new for people who own the game already to upgrade into. There is no upgrade.

The box art changes from The Witcher 3 to The WItcher 3 GOTY. The files you download from the service for standalone installation are the exact same files with the exact same MD5sum as owning the game and expansion pass + free DLC, with the exact same extras.

It is ultimately a marketing rebrand of the product formerly known as "The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass" and now calling it "The Witcher 3 GOTY" which quite frankly is a much nicer sounding name. They've added an updated manual and expansion soundtrack to go along with it and those have been added to everyone's account who already owns the game or game + expansions appropriately also. The purpose of the new release is purely marketing to encourage people who do not already own the game to potentially buy it now with some new headlines being made to draw people's attention to it.

That's really all there is to it. I'm not sure why some people are getting so worked up over an extremely trivial cosmetic marketing non-issue that literally amounts to absolutely nothing.

Personally I'm happy to see the new release simply to know that the game will receive a new influx of people buying the game who are going to enjoy the hell out of it, and that CDPR is going to enjoy a new influx of money from their amazing creation, which they've surely earned with this masterpiece 10 times over. It's one of the few games that now wear the "GOTY" name that truly and genuinely deserve to wear the title.

I own the base game + expansions and thus I own all of the content I would get if I did not already own it and just went and bought the GOTY today. So on my shelf I see The Witcher 3 and it doesn't say GOTY on it, but who cares? It's just a 1 inch square graphic icon that shows up on the website and in Galaxy client.

People are really that worked up that their already existing 100% identical copy of the game does not say "GOTY" on it? Surely Pfizer or Merck must have created some kind of pill for that by now I imagine. :)

What bothers me, is that 15 years ago when buying games on DVD was popular, a company could have put out a GOTY version of a game that was already exactly the same as what someone already owned, and just because there is new box art marketing on it, someone would go shell out and waste $60 to buy an identical copy of what is a single player game with no differences just because it is in a new box, and maybe buy another copy 2 months later when there's some other new graphic on the box just because they have to "collect" all of the boxes, when there is no actual differences of the content inside, and they can't play more than one copy at a time, or in this case, they can't even set it up on multiple computers for multiplayer.

The sole new "feature" of the GOTY, is that at least in Canada, and I presume other countries you can now buy the entire Witcher 3 game experience for a single regular price which is slightly lower than what it cost a day before the release of the GOTY. But if someone already owns it, they don't even get that benefit because they're not saving any money buying it now if they already own it, they're spending close to twice as much and not getting anything tangible in return.

Seriously, if there is a market out there for people who want to pay $66 for a new icon to show up on someone's library but no actual new content or actual tangible benefit, then I'm with the people who want that - I think GOG should let people buy another copy if they want to pay $66 for a 1" icon. Mind you, if they did that then there would be all the people whining and complaining that it is a cash grab and they didn't get anything new that they didn't already own too, so it'd be a double edged sword.

Nonetheless, it's pretty fascinating how emotional people get about every single new game release, re-release, feature, etc. on GOG.com. never ceases to amaze me, there are always people happy about something, always those upset about it, always those who feel disenfranchised and it really doesn't matter what the subject matter is. It's a nice little ecosystem with predictable parameters and outputs. :)
The best release of the year. Well done, CD Projekt Red and GOG Team! ^_^
Is the development for Witcher III content over? I prefer buying my games when their life-cycle has ended.
Redziolek: Can someone tell me how activate dlc with alternative look for triss/yennefer/ciri? In options i can't see "downloadable content"... By the way I have hearts of stone, wine and blood, new haircuts etc. without activating anything...
They can be found in game settings -> gameplay at the very bottom
I pre-purchased base game and both expansions here at GOG's. Not again. Makes no sense. No use.
Lobuno: I pre-purchased base game and both expansions here at GOG's. Not again. Makes no sense. No use.
Then you have the Goty version, apart from the name. https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_of_the_year_edition_dab42/post136
IAmSinistar: Right. The difference is merely in price. As someone who supported the game from release, I get to pay more to own the otherwise-indistiguisable full set of content. Sort of the inverse of a loyalty discount.

That's awesome. You can bet if Cyberpunk 2077 ever gets out of development hell I won't make that mistake again.
Wouldn't it be awesome if products came out low priced or even free on release day to reward early buyers with loyalty, and then the price went up every day/week over time to make the game more costly to those who didn't elect to buy it right away?

Awesome for some of us anyway, but every game company would end up putting out one game and then probably going out of business due to their business model not lining up with any rational economics model. But that's just a minor issue... :)