It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join Geralt of Rivia in his well-deserved victory lap.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, the ultimate celebration of the most critically-acclaimed game in recent years, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements. This package includes the base game, the soundtracks, both expansions and every bit of DLC released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

If the 800+ awards and millions of enthusiastic fans are to be believed, 2015 was the year of the (White) Wolf. That's when Geralt of Rivia, the reluctant hero and dispassionate monster slayer, set out on his most personal quest yet: to save Ciri, the child of prophecy, from the Wild Hunt. But beyond the mature storytelling and emotional gravitas, Witcher 3 offered an awe-inspiring open-world rife with rewarding exploration and engaging combat.

Later that year, Geralt's travels brought him face to face with the enigmatic Master Mirror and a man cursed with eternal life. Hearts of Stone was widely recognised as one of the darkest, yet delightfully subversive adventures ever presented within The Witcher universe.

The intoxicating region of Beauclair became the stage for the White Wolf's last bow. Untouched by war but haunted by its own demons, the land of Blood and Wine expanded the Witcher world even further, bringing new monsters, additional pieces of equipment, and more powerful mutations to help Geralt defeat the legendary Beast of Beauclair and claim his ultimate destiny. But not before he collects all the new Gwent cards that he's missing!

Grab your silver swords and slice open <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. To learn more about the contents of the package and the astonishing world of The Witcher 3, spur Roach in <span class="bold">this direction</span>.

If you own the expansions separately or as part of the Expansion Pass, you're in for a treat as well: <span class="bold">Hearts of Stone</span> and <span class="bold">Blood and Wine</span> just got updated to include the free OSTs, both in mp3 and FLAC format.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aduurw9s7GI
Post edited August 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Hey guys, just to clear the air a bit on the matter of the GOTY version VS the base game + expansions.

In terms of content and updates, there is absolutely NO difference between these two, so if you already own The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass, you are not missing out on anything, apart from another box cover in your Library :)

PS: That trailer reminded me I should replay the game sometime, just to pay my final respects to the bloody Ladies of the Wood >.<

[EDIT] Pinned to top
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Destro
Barry_Woodward: Okay, so, both versions have the same content and updates, but I'm still fuzzy on the status of their installers. Do both have the exact same cluttered mess of installers and DLC or has the GOTY version been simplified?
Wurzelkraft: I was just about to ask the same question. If the GOTY version has one installer for all the content I'd like to have it too (and then I'd be a little pissed we don't get an upgrade :P). Keeping it simple is always nice.
mobutu: Of course the goty version has only one installer ;)
A few pages before, a blue mentioned that those not owning the GOTY version (but everything else independently from way back), are also going to get a single, simplified installer, but with some delay. I think.

"FYI:
Offline patch 1.30 for the base game should appear today.
Single installers for the base game and both expansions will be available as well, with a slight delay (tomorrow / this week)" Quoted from page 5
Russonc: Funny you get the same conversation every time a GOTY version comes out on a PC game. I do understand both sides, but I have to imagine most gamers knew going in that a GOTY/Ultimate/Complete version would come out sooner or later and everyone had the choice to jump in early (so they could play the game years earlier than some people) or to wait for a complete version (and can now wait even longer for that complete version to one day go on sale...trust me it will... ). Nothing has changed over the years except you don't need to go down to the local game store to pick this up. Good luck going to Gamestop and asking them to give you a GOTY edition of any game for free just because you got the earlier version. Still, I hope everyone who was an early supporter got good value for the money they put in!
Your missing the point, its not that we want extra stuff etc. If we already own the game + 2 Expansion etc etc then why can we not just get upgraded to GOTY edition and have 1 installer to install everything and not the bits and pieces and this patch and that DLC etc etc. We as owners of all the stuff already paid, we just want it simplified. We are not getting anything extra. Even GOG replied saying its exactly the same if you own base game + both Expansion so why not just upgrade us guys to the simplified installer? That is what most said when i read here.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by lonewolfgk
KiNgBrAdLeY7: ...
ah, this post, I guess it depends on how you read it:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_of_the_year_edition_dab42/post91/?staff=yes

But if it offers a single installer for the owners of the base game + 2*expansions then it's all good and if so then I really don't understand what the people are complaining about!
Why this isn't free for existing owners?
I mean, they already paid for it, it would be nice giving them the GOTY for free considering they bought all DLCs.
SolidSnale: Why this isn't free for existing owners?
I mean, they already paid for it, it would be nice giving them the GOTY for free considering they bought all DLCs.
For the same reason the strategy guide wasn't free either, but charged for 50 bucks through (partnership with) Prima, even if the strategy guide of 1 and 2 were offered as extras for free in gog library game's shelf. 50+50=100 extra bucks.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
It would be nice, agreed. I'm just old school and back in the day, you went down to the store and bought the game... a few months later you when back to the store and bought the expansions. If a GOTY/complete version came out, you couldn't (and didn't expect to) go to the store and ask for them to give you a free copy based on prior purchases.
I do now some developers/publishers currently have upgraded folks to full versions if they had all the parts so I do agree; it would be a nice gesture (especially on GOG); but I still don't think it should be expected...

I do think this version is for people who don't have the game yet and they don't expect existing owners to buy it.

They (GOG) have indicated there would be a single installer added for existing owners (which seems like what a lot of folks are looking for..)

I guess if existing owners are loud enough, GOG my give you a GOTY copy at some point (never hurts to keep asking.)
Hi..anyone got any suggestions for the easist way to take screenshots via GOG.

Have tried AMD Gameing Evolved app but that doesnt work. Can take them if I add the game to Steam library and bootup via that but then lose progress tracking and achievements via GOG Galaxy.
Yewone: Hi..anyone got any suggestions for the easist way to take screenshots via GOG.
Galaxy does not yet support taking screenshots. If the game you are playing doesn't support taking screenshots, you can use the XBox app (on Win8 and Win10) to take them. Press Win-G to open the game bar and do any settings required.
Russonc: They (GOG) have indicated there would be a single installer added for existing owners (which seems like what a lot of folks are looking for..)
To clarify: Single up-to-date installer for the base game and for DLCs separately.
Meaning there will be installers for all products incorporating all the updates.
Russonc: It would be nice, agreed. I'm just old school and back in the day, you went down to the store and bought the game... a few months later you when back to the store and bought the expansions. If a GOTY/complete version came out, you couldn't (and didn't expect to) go to the store and ask for them to give you a free copy based on prior purchases.
I do now some developers/publishers currently have upgraded folks to full versions if they had all the parts so I do agree; it would be a nice gesture (especially on GOG); but I still don't think it should be expected...

I do think this version is for people who don't have the game yet and they don't expect existing owners to buy it.

They (GOG) have indicated there would be a single installer added for existing owners (which seems like what a lot of folks are looking for..)

I guess if existing owners are loud enough, GOG my give you a GOTY copy at some point (never hurts to keep asking.)
Well, I want a single installer too, but apparently on Steam it won't be a thing. It would be if they give the GOTY edition, which is a single package, but on Steam there are several packages, the free dlc ones, you can even "remove" from your account.
Alm888: No, PlayStation 4 is a video game console. :-) But if you mean its OS than yes, its "Orbis OS" is a FreeBSD derivative (as per Wikipedia article). But this does not mean that it has OpenGL support.

From this article (sorry for "copypasta"): So GNM's wrapper GNMX is very similar to DirectX 11 and PSSL is very close to Microsoft's HLSL. And as such it was relatively easy for CDPR to port their Windows-only game to PS4.

I hope you did know that you can recompile Windows application with WINE libraries bundled (so-called WINELIB) and get "native" Linux (or, rather, Unix) ELF executable instead of Windows's PE one. Just like with Valve's toGL.

But this does not mean that the code itself magically becomes Linux-native. It still uses Windows API calls which internally get caught and translated to Unix analogues by wrapper functions.

And this, of course, does not disproof my assumption that Feral and Aspyr are tied to Steam by their used technology.

So do I, friend! I even do not have Steam account because of my anti-DRM stance. But let's face the truth: "The Witcher III" is Windows-only game and it will remain as such IF siomething exceptional does not happen (like CDPR will be near bankruptcy and will need some cash ASAP as they were when they desperately released "The Witcher 2" "port").

P.S. Also playing "Fallout 2" (1C release, physical disk) now (Restoration Project) and "Fallout: Nevada"! Have a nice game, comrade!
even console use Operative System today.
If I write a game in C# in Unity3d I can compile that game for windows, mac, linux, ios, android etc... I just need to press a button... there are few difference between graphic API... I don't know how many difference but I'm sure a PS4 use a different API, and that there are some difference.
If they can make a port to a different API they can port to OpenGL.

Feral and Aspyr exist before steam was a store. You can find their games on the mac app store, on their site and even on DVD for some old games so they are not tied to steam (they just port games that usually are not drm-free). I'm not sure if they used some tools to make an automatic translation, but when you get access to the source code and you add some platform specific feature (like they do), and your port use a native executable there is no reason to call that port a wrapper.
Like I said I can use Unity3d and C# for a game and I can export it on many platform, and every platform get a native port of that game... there is no reason to use different code for every platform (if you don't want to use some specific platform feature... for example touch screen for mobile device).

Finally I'm not against wrapper. I use them all the time. But right now it is not possible since the witcher 3 only use dx 11 and wine is still limited to dx 9. There are many wine wrapper ports that work great, and I love the new eON port of The Witcher 1.
And if we cannot port it today we will port it as soon as the dx 11 wine support is completed... or when it will be old enough we could even use a virtual machine. The problem is not if we can play the game, but when we will be able to play it (and if we will have to wait for a gift from gog).

I just think the best way to use wine is to port old games and since right now we are in 2016 (and there are many great and free/cheap game engine with cross-platform support) there is no reason to create a new inferior game engine, I'm sure they paid a lot to make a new good enough game engine (a lot more than pay for unreal) and still they forgot to add mac and linux support (and we are in 2016, right now steam, gog, origin support both windows and mac and steam and gog also support linux... why? because there is a market. 90% of indie games also support mac and linux, if they can every AAA gameclub can).
Post edited August 30, 2016 by LiefLayer
Well.. I have the base edition of the game and it seems it´s gonna be better for the GOG Client. I prefer to have my games named by their names and not by their editions personally. :)

Congratulations on the GOTY release of the GOTY game CD PRojekt
maladr0Id: Hey guys, just to clear the air a bit on the matter of the GOTY version VS the base game + expansions.

In terms of content and updates, there is absolutely NO difference between these two, so if you already own The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass, you are not missing out on anything, apart from another box cover in your Library :)

PS: That trailer reminded me I should replay the game sometime, just to pay my final respects to the bloody Ladies of the Wood >.<

[EDIT] Pinned to top
Yeah we know, the question is why GOG/CDPR didn't provide the new version for free on GOG or Steam.
I mean, even Bethesda is giving the new Skyrim version for free if you own the base game+all packages, a lot of indie devs, like Ether One one or Astronauts for Ethan Carter gave the updated version for free.
I repeat, I know the contents are exactly the same, but still it would be a kind gesture even in memory of the old Enhanced versions of W1 and W2.
Yewone: Hi..anyone got any suggestions for the easist way to take screenshots via GOG.
JMich: Galaxy does not yet support taking screenshots. If the game you are playing doesn't support taking screenshots, you can use the XBox app (on Win8 and Win10) to take them. Press Win-G to open the game bar and do any settings required.
Will give it a go..cheers

EDIT: Just tried it and it works perfectly.. thats saved me a load of messing around. Thanks again
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Yewone
sorry double post because gog forum suck
Post edited August 30, 2016 by LiefLayer