It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In the 1920s, on the East Coast of the United States, the half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You're a private investigator, uncovering the truth of what has possessed the city and corrupted the minds of its inhabitants... and yours.

The Sinking City – an adventure and investigation game developed and published by Frogwares, and set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror, is now available on GOG with a -70% discount that lasts until January 23rd!

Moreover, you also grab the game’s DLCs: Chicago Organ, Experience Boost, Investigator Pack, Merciful Madness, Worshippers of the Necronomicon, and its Deluxe Edition – all with -70% discounts.

With their legacy of immersive, story-driven Sherlock Holmes games, Frogwares are masters of detective thrillers that transcend boundaries of virtual entertainment.

With their The Sinking City you can expect an oppressive atmosphere and story inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, a vast open world that can be explored on foot, by boat, or even in a diving suit, high replay value thanks to an open investigation system (each case can be solved in a number of ways, with different possible endings depending on your actions), an arsenal of weapons from the 1920s with which to take on nightmarish creatures, and the system of managing your mental health to untangle the truth behind the madness.

The Sinking City awaits – do you dare to enter?
VanishedOne: I still haven't received this newsletter, so all I'm seeing is a reason not to buy the game at the discount I'm presently being offered...
You can probably find some unused discount codes here
MarkoH01: And sometimes it does not even work as it is supposed to ....
https://ibb.co/9bF7x94
Lone_Scout: I always get this kind of issue when trying to redeem the discount code after refunding.
The easiest solution to get this optional discount is redeeming it through the *optional* galaxy client. It has worked for me.
Thanks to MarkoH01 for linking me to your post.

This fixed it for me
I am doubting if to buy the base game only or the deluxe edition and spend the extra money on other game.

Are the dlc's worth it?
Worked out for me. Was planning to buy the game but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Happened to notice the discount in E-mail, and pulled the trigger.
argamasa: Are the dlc's worth it?
To me, it's always worth it to buy the extra in-game things, in case they might be pulled from the store suddenly without warning. If there is warning, I'll go ahead and buy whatever other extras, too.
Post edited January 19, 2024 by DoomSooth
DoomSooth: To me, it's always worth it to buy the extra in-game things, in case they might be pulled from the store suddenly without warning. If there is warning, I'll go ahead and buy whatever other extras, too.
Thank you, i still have about 24 hours before the code expires to decide finally.
BinaryDuality: A lot of people are over the hype of this game, given it's taken so long to release outside of Epic in a form that is not associated with Nacon.

I bought it three times to support them. They don't need me to buy it here, too. And yes, my copies were the "frogwares" copies.
What kind of toad do you need to run it on? ;)
kai2: ... I just don't see this as the game with which to fortify that argument.
Breja: I won't make this the hill I die on, I don't want to derail the thread if nothing else, so I'll just say this - Diablo Immortal didn't just spawn out of nowhere. It was a long, looong road that led to online games evolving into that final form. And a road like that will always start with innocuous things.
Here's one for you...

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth's New Game+ mode is locked behind dlc. Now IMO that is 100% unacceptable.
kai2: Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth's New Game+ mode is locked behind dlc. Now IMO that is 100% unacceptable.
Wait seriously?

I was already worried that Sega might be going down a dark path after I found out that the new Golden Axe and Streets of Rage were being developed by a studio known for live services, but locking out tradtional content behind a paywall is just too much.
eiii: And no clue about the deluxe version on the game card of the base game. GOG consistently inconsistent as usual.
Syphon72: It seems like common sense that all DLC would all be included Deluxe over the base game.. But I forgot this is GOG forms.
Usually the game card of a base game contains a link to the deluxe version of the game if there is any, even on GOG. But not in case of this game, hence my complaint about being inconsistent.
BitMaster_1980: Edit: Actually, the Deluxe Edition is mentioned, at least now. Don't know if I was blind or it was edited in later. And the description text of the game card does not mention it at all, there is just the combo box which for me counts as hidden information. They should at least add a "Also consider the Deluxe Edition bundle" or even better one of those fancy "You get all that in this edition compared to the others"-overview images.
Oh, you are right, there's this hardly recognizable select box on top, at least now. But I agree, it's almost like hidden info. A table to compare the content of the different game versions like on other game cards would be much better. So GOG being inconsistent still stands. ;)
Post edited January 20, 2024 by eiii
tfishell: It seems to be just a 5% difference. I'm sure the idea is to encourage people to subscribe, like in case they don't check regularly visit the GOG site but the newsletter reminds them that GOG exists :P and they end up buying through that.

I understand if people view this as maybe a "slippery slope" or bad precedent of some kind, but I'm just "meh" about it.
ReynardFox: It comes across to me as not so much encouragement to subscribe as it does punishment for not doing it. We already have threads tracking games that treat GOG buyers as second class, offline installers still lag behind the push for Galaxy, now are we going to see regular website users being treated like second class citizens too? It doesn't matter that it's 'just 5 percent', that's still money and the principle is more important, and given how spammy GOG's emails can get, I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want to deal with that, why should they be punished?

Of course an early adopter knows they're paying more than those who wait, but this is literally days after the game launched. You don't think doing this may actually give people pause before making impulse purchases going forward if they feel like there's a chance they're going to get ripped off? I'd definitely look at this as a potentially bad precedent.

This just highlights that GOG just does not know what it's doing anymore, they never seem to stop and think before doing anything.
I guess ultimately I don't blame GOG for trying new things to see hopefully see what works in their favor and what doesn't; they aren't really in a position to sit on their haunches like Valve can. So I try to give them some "leeway" in matters aside from what I'd consider major issues like DRM-free and important missing single-player patches. If they go bankrupt for newsletter discounts being too annoying or something like that, so be it; at least we'll have our games backed up. ;)

Also we're almost assuredly going to end up continuing to disagree though, so probably not worth continuing to go back and forth. ;)
tfishell: I guess ultimately I don't blame GOG for trying new things to see hopefully see what works in their favor and what doesn't; they aren't really in a position to sit on their haunches like Valve can. So I try to give them some "leeway" in matters aside from what I'd consider major issues like DRM-free and important missing single-player patches. If they go bankrupt for newsletter discounts being too annoying or something like that, so be it; at least we'll have our games backed up. ;)

Also we're almost assuredly going to end up continuing to disagree though, so probably not worth continuing to go back and forth. ;)
It's not that a newsletter discount or some little faux pas will end them, it's just, don't you sometimes just get a little tired of just how many reckless mistakes GOG makes? One could argue that GOG is in it's current position because of all the bad decisions they've made over the last few years, and with little sign that they're learning from any of it.

It's like a troubled friend who you wish well and hope gets his act together, but no matter how much support you've tried to give, he can't ever seem just get out of his own way long enough to not end up down the bar face down in his own vomit. :p

But I won't keep harping on about it, lest we end up going around in circles as debates between the eternal optimist and the jaded pessimist tend to do.
ReynardFox: It's like a troubled friend who you wish well and hope gets his act together, but no matter how much support you've tried to give, he can't ever seem just get out of his own way long enough to not end up down the bar face down in his own vomit. :p
I always compare GOG to a little child that I love with all of my heart but who just is unable to learn and be self independent ... so yes, your picture fits perfectly of what I think of them as well. We don't critizise such things because we want GOG to fail we do this to make them aware, warn them and hope (again and again) that they will realize and finally be able to not make the same mistakes again and listen to our voice ... so that they can thrive and enjoy their existence and can continue to offer DRM-free games to us :)
gog is not a friend, gog is not a child.

gog is a business with its doors open to the general public.

If inspite all known shortcomings the general public choses to do business with gog, that's on the general public.

But when inspite all known shortcomings customers still choose to do business with gog and gog disrespects the paying customer's money, and therefore the customer, with bullshit like this, with an attitude of smart assery and/or carelessness, then we've crossed a new threshold.

The question is not the monetary value, even because it's peanuts, it is everything else.

It's bad enough the amount of research one has to do nowadays on gog, content wise, be it because gog fails at the most fundamental level when it comes to properly marking what it is offering - like the recent ROA's remasters where folks, myself included, had to commit to a purchase simply to find out exactly what was on offer in terms of additional content - additional content properly marked elsewhere btw, be it because gog and/or partners can't put together a decent enough experience on the table for the customer - i've been meaning to pick up the Spacebourne series for a while now but the first game is absent because reasons (and i'd rather not break the series apart) and the second, currently in EA, is struggling to keep its iterations on par with elsewhere because the dev is at odds with gog's pipeline or something. So, it's on hold to see if given enough time gog and/or dev sort themselves out.

But, if on top of this i now have to accommodate paying attention to discount today vs discount tomorrow to make sure i don't walk away from a purchase with a bitter taste in my mouth, well, nope.
BinaryDuality: A lot of people are over the hype of this game, given it's taken so long to release outside of Epic in a form that is not associated with Nacon.

I bought it three times to support them. They don't need me to buy it here, too. And yes, my copies were the "frogwares" copies.
Sachys: What kind of toad do you need to run it on? ;)
The speckled one that gets you high.