It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Legends of Heroes is an iconic series of role-playing games developed by Nihon Falcom and dating all the way back to 1989. Now the time has come to once again immerse ourselves into its story rich world.

The series’ latest, climatic chapter – The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie is now available on GOG with its Deluxe Edition (-11% until July 21st, 5 PM UTC), Ultimate Edition (-12% until July 21st, 5 PM UTC) and 6 DLCs! In this story-rich, turn-based RPG three different legends are about to unfold! Determine the fates of Rean Schwarzer, Lloyd Bannings, and the mysterious “C”.

Available DLCs: Advanced Set 1, Advanced Set 2, Premium Cosmetic Set, SSS Summer Splash Set, Standard Cosmetic Set, Starter Set.

Available Packs: Complete Consumables, Complete Cosmetics.

Please note: The Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition include additional content in the form of: Mini Art Book, “Legends of Zemuria” Art Book, “Three & Nine: A Trails Tale” Novel, and “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack (10 tracks). Additionally, Standard Edition also includes: Mini Art Book and Soundtrack Sampler *5 tracks from “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack. All the mentioned products are only available within those versions of the game until July 21st, 5 PM UTC. After that they won’t be a part of Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate Editions nor available to purchase individually.

Since 1989 the series has seen numerous entries and spin-offs over the years, with different sub-series and story arcs within its large franchise. The Legend of Heroes games are known for their intricate, character-driven stories, and turn-based combat systems. They feature a rich fantasy world with a complex political backdrop and deep lore most often revolving around a group of characters on a journey and the relationships between them.

One of the most popular sub-series within the Legend of Heroes franchise is the Trails series, which consists of three different story arcs: the Trails in the Sky series, the Crossbell duology, and the Trails of Cold Steel series. Each of these arcs takes place in the same fictional world of Zemuria and features interconnected storylines, characters, and events.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie takes place five months after the end of the Great Twilight (final entry of the Trails of Cold Steel arc).

In this chapter, the intertwining fates of three figures in Zemuria will be decided, as you follow the footsteps of the war hero Rean Schwarzer, the liberator Lloyd Bannings, and the masked enigma "C".

You’ll be able to experience three different story arcs and switch between them any time with the Trails to Walk system. Plus, discover side episodes to fully flesh out the characters and world of Zemuria.

Moreover, you will enter the True Reverie Corridor, which allows you to encounter and recruit new characters from across Zemuria, enter randomly generated dungeons to test your mettle, and play a variety of mini games.

All of it is additionally topped off with the new United Front system presenting cunning tactics to prevail in battle and harness the power of your entire team to decimate enemies while empowering yourself.

The intricate story lines, great gameplay mechanics and rich universe of The Legend of Heroes series could take hours to present. But the only way to give justice to its amazingness is to witness it all yourself while playing. Check out The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie and immerse yourself in an extraordinary world of heroes!
They didn't actually change the URL this time. https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_into_reverie was on my wishlist when it was 'coming soon', and it's still there.
Wow Xestra so reading what you said on the Japanese text it sucks for people like me who want to learn it and also what about Japanese speakers, is there any place offering an easy DRM free PC version? Or do those native speakers buy the GOG version and patch the text back in?
Sure they could play it on console but Falcom was largely a PC company who ported their games to PC originally. I wonder if Falcom may even move to Linux versions for PC if Windows start to lose ground.
Post edited July 10, 2023 by Sarang
Well, currently NIS was releasing a Japan-Text only "Kuro no Kiseki" on Steam and i heard they gonna update with EN text. However, most likely there will be another version with EN text only and those buyers of the old JP-text version may have to buy it another time or simply use the old JP-text version with a fanmade EN-text patch.

I can not remember they was releasing a JP-text version with any other language added ever. Because this version is usually made for the Japanese-market only.

For other games, naturally... you may be able to chose any language you like, although audio and text may not be chosen separately. For Japanese games in general this is not possible it seems because they always are splitting apart the Japanese market from the rest of the world; this is a old behaviour well known to me.

The only thing which can be considered unusual is that NIS is not using region lock on the Japanese version on the "outside of Japan-market". I think because they worry the other publisher known as CLE would be able to "get a advantage", so they seems to have decided to release it on any region and accepting the "issue" of a fandmade EN-patch.

Nihon Falcom on the other hand is much more "light hearted" and they was actually the reason why some of the Legend of Heroes titles, "Trails from Zero (Zero no Kiseki)" and "Trails to Azure (Ao no Kiseki)" has become officially released using fan-made EN translations. I do not think NIS by themself was ever approving it, yet they was almost always involved into the publishing. I think, Nihon Falcom is simply lacking the power in order to execute the publishing, so they was handing it over to NIS for whatever reason and apparently, NIS with its strong Disgaea-franchise seems to be the right partner in order to boost money-matters. From a technical perspective, NIS may have some experienced devs able to add "some muscles" to the game, so the game might technically even be the best version. However... funny as it sounds, most likely it was not even NIS doing the tech stuff... but Durantes-Studio instead. NIS is simply, for the most part... simply a living cash-generator handling the so called "ripoff marketing" which seems to work more or less... because they know how people are working and are abusing this behaviour the "best" way possible.

If you want to focus on the heart and toward those making true benefits... yeah, you have to look "past" the NIS-tag... Falcom and this Durantes-Studio might be able to reveal a bit more of what has been truly made.

NIS in my mind, the only great thing they ever made is the mighty Disgaea-Series (which so far is lacking a GoG release... because they seem to know the place with the "best bucks" achieved). However, for the other games they simply are some kind of "manager-company" able to concentrate might, so they got a bigger stick regarding releases and what else. Indeed, Nihon Falcom lacks the ability to really "reach out" of the Japanese-market; because as soon as someone is spelling out NIS, which is some "marketing name able to generate several times more customers" the rest of the world will buy a game several times more often... so this behaviour seems to be abused, included every "marketing tactics". The fans may not enjoy it but for raw cash... it seems to work better than before.

Never give up i say... maybe someday even NIS will show more heart and some difficult matters may improve, but until this unknown day, patience is valuable.

Ah yeah, Falcom is willing to execute a lot toward its fans, i feel, however, they seem to have some high lack of power regarding any market outside of Japan, due to different reasons. So they kinda are doomed to move together with some "bigger powers" in order to make it work somehow. They may consider fan-matters or other platforms too, however... NIS already got "the grasp" now and once a certain series seems to be able to provide the necessary cash flow... NIS may not lose its grasp anymore... So for this to happen, NIS may have to make some change as well... on their mentality, which is a more difficult matter.

Because so far, the NIS "way" seems to work out even better... because the majority need some sort of "big franchise" they can trust on; and this advancement in the marketing terms seems to have improved a lot regarding the Legend of Heroes series. So, indeed, it might be evil... yet the majority of the people seems to enjoy getting some kick in their butt... instead of flowers and a kiss; which seems to be "the new age" and how to make things work. Things can still change and it will have to change because in long term the heart will win.
Post edited July 10, 2023 by Xeshra
RafaelRamus: OMG, really? There is no comparing those things!

First of all, Brazilian language books and dictionaries are not that expensive. A quick search at amazon and I couldn't find any that costed more than U$ 30,00 . Unless you are trying to major in Portuguese, then I guess it's an international thing (I remember paying a lot on those German books when I was learning German) and you are expected to get your money back throughout the years.

The thing is, games are games. If I learn how to speak Japanese I can work for a Japanese company and make money out of it. My cousins are half-Japanese ("sansei" they are called here in Brazil), and one of them works for a Japanese bank here in Brazil. I bet she payed a lot for her fluency in Japanese - be it by buying books, by traveling, and so on. When was the last time that you saw someone going abroad because he/she wanted to play something or wanted to learn how to play a game? If I master a game I can go back to my bed after there is no more joy in playing it and then I can cry that it ended and my life still sucks, only now I'm poorer.

You can't really compare.

EDIT: Besides, you're North-American, right? I don't know why do you feel the need to intervene; American games are usually sold using Regional Pricing. Why? Because you pay U$ 0,85 in a can of coke, but if you wish to travel here and you decide to bring your dollars here, you can buy a similar bottle of coke for U$ 0,40.

Your money simply values more, you gain your wages in dollars and we gain our wages in reais. There is a reason Regional Pricing is common practice all over the Planet (unless you are a Japanese company).
Sarang: Perhaps I should have been more clear in my complaint, when I said Brazilian language or rather Brazilian Portuguese books I mean specifically your literature(a famous Brazilian author had died earlier this year and her work sounded interesting and I want to read it, I think it ranged from SciFi to Mystery to Romance). Finding it for a reasonable price comparable to literature in English here does not come close(it's like you're being punished for wanting to read a book in its original language here). As for the actual textbook I had to buy a freaking electronic version because while the price was reasonable on Amazon Brazil for a physical copy like $20 elsewhere it was like $30 or $40 plus $20 shipping, the latter of which where from I could actually buy it.
I would like us both to have reasonable prices for said respective articles. I wish I knew direct export sites for books like this, both lit. and Portuguese textbooks to order directly from that.
Oh! I see!

Add me as a friend so we can talk then, I'll gladly help you if I can. Having someone sending you a copy directly is often the best way to acquire a book.
It’s ok.
I’m only about 10 hours into Trails in the Sky SC before I got distracted by Octopath 2 ($40), Triangle Strategy ($40), and Wasteland 2 (free).

At this rate, I would get to this game sometime around never.
Sarang: edit: How is that stylish electric car made there doing by the way? I would want to buy it if it was Open Source.
Just curious, what electric car are you talking about and what does that have to do with this game series?
This one? https:/---/microlino-car.com/en
I did not see any of them, this is probably a thing of huge citys because very hard to get some parking area there. Like over 90% of all cars are most likely huge SUV, almost bigger than our small streets. My car is pretty big too. As a second city car a small electric is practical i say... not as a main car. I got the feeling, the amount of cars are growing but the overall income compared to the living costs (which are increasing in a crazy pace) from the majority is even decreasing. Yet, the people are willing to sacrifice almost anything they can afford (even food), for the sake of a "huge car". If someone even will "pass" on a car, then those peoples are really stingy or... way to poor (nothing in between).

JCDenton32: It’s ok.
I’m only about 10 hours into Trails in the Sky SC before I got distracted by Octopath 2 ($40), Triangle Strategy ($40), and Wasteland 2 (free).

At this rate, I would get to this game sometime around never.
i got me Octopath 2 on PS5 too but i can not understand why other people love it so much... it was pretty boring for me, so i currently stopped playing it. Apparently it is even better than the first title... guess this is a thing of the "new generation"... something i can not understand.
Post edited July 11, 2023 by Xeshra
So this is listed as Launch week only...is that the price? Will it go up after launch week?.
The pricing and soundtrack issue arent great...
Niggles: So this is listed as Launch week only...is that the price? Will it go up after launch week?.
I assumed the soundtrack sampler and other thing were "launch week only".

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (Launch Week Only) includes:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (Base Game)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie - Soundtrack Sampler *5 tracks from “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack (Launch Week only)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie - Mini Art Book (Launch Week only)
Post edited July 13, 2023 by mqstout
Niggles: So this is listed as Launch week only...is that the price? Will it go up after launch week?.
That would be pretty bold!
Helps to read the article/OP...

"Please note: The Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition include additional content in the form of: Mini Art Book, “Legends of Zemuria” Art Book, “Three & Nine: A Trails Tale” Novel, and “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack (10 tracks). Additionally, Standard Edition also includes: Mini Art Book and Soundtrack Sampler *5 tracks from “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack. All the mentioned products are only available within those versions of the game until July 21st, 5 PM UTC. After that they won’t be a part of Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate Editions nor available to purchase individually."
maxpoweruser: That would be pretty bold!
Oh please. do not spell it out to loud else NIS may have in mind "it is a good idea"... i am almost shocked.

But nope... you simply got 1 week exactly in order to smash all your cash into those goodies, and after that... "it will be gone for good" because you was not wealthy enough or simply way to stingy.

What is actually confusing me: This is probably the first time the digital version (Deluxe Edition) even was surpassing the PS5 and Switch-physical-price in my country which is indeed more than bolt. Considering the way bigger cost involved...

However, i heard on Steam you have to pay up to 30% in order to publish it there... GoG and Epic is probably cheaper. However, no one can avoid Steam and same counts for PS5, including Switch, at the current time.

I can assure you, if there was not a GoG-Version i would have gotten me the PS5 version... cheaper and even on a disc.

Here for example you can get the complete soundrack... so this is possible: http:/----/www.gog.com/en/game/asterigos_curse_of_the_stars_ultimate_edition and soon there will even be a PS5 version, including a physical soundtrack on 2 CDs... for the "standard price"... This is true collectors-stuff...

Compared to this, Steam got zero collectors-value to me... and i will never pay a full price. As long as other people are doing it... matters may still not change.

Besides, you play on PC because your games are cheaper? Not always true... sometimes, from the hardware up to the software... the entire line can be cheaper, somewhat a premiere. So, indeed i still support a PS5 as a backup to GoG.

Same will count for the Star Ocean 2 remake... PS5 version with physical discs will be cheaper than the PC offer (at launch)... and the Steam version even got a dirty Denuvo (!).
Post edited July 13, 2023 by Xeshra
Xeshra: Oh please. do not spell it out to loud else NIS may have in mind "it is a good idea"... i am almost shocked.
I actually think the pricing may have backfired a bit this time. The game didn't last for very long in the top 10 bestsellers on GOG, despite it being a highly anticipated release. Right now, you have to scroll through pages and pages in order to find any reference to it.
How was it considering "Trails to Azure"? Most likely it had a way better response, although i never was checking it out.
Xeshra: I paid so much, i should get the FULL soundtrack for free now.

I will be waiting for it to arrive...

I got no issue with "charging a lot"; i only got a issue with "stingy companys", the content should reflect the price. This is how a healthy market is usually working.
If you didn't want to pay the asking price, you wouldn't. That's the market at work. I'll wait till the price reflects the value for me. The DLC milking in the later entries in this series is almost Paradox levels of insanity.