It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Legends of Heroes is an iconic series of role-playing games developed by Nihon Falcom and dating all the way back to 1989. Now the time has come to once again immerse ourselves into its story rich world.

The series’ latest, climatic chapter – The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie is now available on GOG with its Deluxe Edition (-11% until July 21st, 5 PM UTC), Ultimate Edition (-12% until July 21st, 5 PM UTC) and 6 DLCs! In this story-rich, turn-based RPG three different legends are about to unfold! Determine the fates of Rean Schwarzer, Lloyd Bannings, and the mysterious “C”.

Available DLCs: Advanced Set 1, Advanced Set 2, Premium Cosmetic Set, SSS Summer Splash Set, Standard Cosmetic Set, Starter Set.

Available Packs: Complete Consumables, Complete Cosmetics.

Please note: The Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition include additional content in the form of: Mini Art Book, “Legends of Zemuria” Art Book, “Three & Nine: A Trails Tale” Novel, and “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack (10 tracks). Additionally, Standard Edition also includes: Mini Art Book and Soundtrack Sampler *5 tracks from “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack. All the mentioned products are only available within those versions of the game until July 21st, 5 PM UTC. After that they won’t be a part of Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate Editions nor available to purchase individually.

Since 1989 the series has seen numerous entries and spin-offs over the years, with different sub-series and story arcs within its large franchise. The Legend of Heroes games are known for their intricate, character-driven stories, and turn-based combat systems. They feature a rich fantasy world with a complex political backdrop and deep lore most often revolving around a group of characters on a journey and the relationships between them.

One of the most popular sub-series within the Legend of Heroes franchise is the Trails series, which consists of three different story arcs: the Trails in the Sky series, the Crossbell duology, and the Trails of Cold Steel series. Each of these arcs takes place in the same fictional world of Zemuria and features interconnected storylines, characters, and events.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie takes place five months after the end of the Great Twilight (final entry of the Trails of Cold Steel arc).

In this chapter, the intertwining fates of three figures in Zemuria will be decided, as you follow the footsteps of the war hero Rean Schwarzer, the liberator Lloyd Bannings, and the masked enigma "C".

You’ll be able to experience three different story arcs and switch between them any time with the Trails to Walk system. Plus, discover side episodes to fully flesh out the characters and world of Zemuria.

Moreover, you will enter the True Reverie Corridor, which allows you to encounter and recruit new characters from across Zemuria, enter randomly generated dungeons to test your mettle, and play a variety of mini games.

All of it is additionally topped off with the new United Front system presenting cunning tactics to prevail in battle and harness the power of your entire team to decimate enemies while empowering yourself.

The intricate story lines, great gameplay mechanics and rich universe of The Legend of Heroes series could take hours to present. But the only way to give justice to its amazingness is to witness it all yourself while playing. Check out The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie and immerse yourself in an extraordinary world of heroes!
DLC Pricing is a bit wild.
high rated
bikkurin: DLC Pricing is a bit wild.
I am starting to hate NIS a lot. At these prices we should be getting the full 81 track OST. It doesn't have Japanese text either.
I am so far behind on the series at this point, due mostly to me waiting for the Crossbell games to launch before going through any more of it. No regrets, though - I've got a ton of good stuff to play now. Picking this up now, in any case, and I'll get to it... err... someday.
Sarang: I am starting to hate NIS a lot. At these prices we should be getting the full 81 track OST. It doesn't have Japanese text either.
I agree that the pricing has never been so much "above the edge of common sense", but i think we now live at a age of huge inflation and apparently "the greed of war".

However, Nihon Falcom i do respect very highly because they has always been very friendly to the PC and DRM free community and so i am willing to support them in any way i can. Actually... NIS (Nippon Ichi Software) as a publisher is not very friendly to the DRM community because their biggest franchise, the Disgaea-series, may never come to GoG, because simply... they do not enjoy the idea.

The reason why all the Legend of Heroes games are on GoG is because Nihon Falcom had the wish for a release on all platforms, so... we are in luck on that matter.

I still hope NIS may become enlightened someday and even providing GoG with their biggest franchise... who knows, never say never.

Anyway, the Legend of Heroes-franchise in my mind is on the same league such as Disgaea and for me it is worth it as good as any cash. However, for NIS so far i do currently feel rather limited sympathy; so indeed, thanks to Nihon Falcom for it to make it happen.

For sure, the 162 CHF i was spending on the "Ultimate version" was the most expensive digital game deal i ever made... and there is not much devs i love enough in order to hand out so much money, but for Nihon Falcom... my heart was saying yes.

I totally agree, for this kind of cash the full soundtrack would have been fair to the buyers, although, i guess this was the decision of NIS and in Japan... i do not enjoy to spell it out, it is actually never the case they ever was handing out full soundtracks... at least i can not remember one single full soundtrack as part of a "ultimate edition". Time to make some change i say... maybe they may at some point change this matter.

I just can say... if people really want a soundtrack, they will get it... no matter how its done. So, it will only hurt the ones that are willing to pay a lot of money.

Anyway, sure it is a great game and i am very happy the series was able to come this far for the english community.
Post edited July 07, 2023 by Xeshra
high rated
With friendly publishers like these, who needs enemies?
I think, the DLCs will get some price cuts at some point. Still, even with a price cut it is still far from being affordable.

I still have missing DLCs for some of the Legend of Heroes-series because i was not even buying them with a price cut, still waiting for some better deal. This time however, i just had in mind to buy it, because i was "throwing away" cash on more evil matters already. Next time i do expect a full soundtrack at this price tag, else it may be the last time...

I mean, some other publishers are barely any better than this: For example for R-Type Final 2 you had to pay 20 CHF for every single set of stages added and it was a very important part of the game, not a "goodie". I can not remember, in my entire gaming history, that some of the publishers was charging so much for "parts of the game" that are so small. Of course i do enjoy do support them but the price still should somewhat reflect the thing you actually get for it.
Post edited July 07, 2023 by Xeshra
Hooray! I've been waiting for this one. :) Hopefully it won't be too long until we hear word on the Western releases for the Calvard games that come after.
*shrug* As has been the case since Cold Steel 1, it's all only unnecessary fluff and cheat stuff so I'll happily ignore it once again. Problem solved.
Nah, the price for the complete ("Utimate") edition is this time truly special. I can not remember it was ever that big. For the complete edition of Monstrum Nox, in comparison, i "only" paid 95 CHF. Legend of Heroes IV for example was about half the price for the complete Deluxe Edition. Prices seems to have inflated in general.

Of course we can argue "this is only non required goodies", but we all know very well... for a true fan... and there are many "true fans" at the Legend of Heroes-series. not having a complete game can be a hard cookie to eat.
Post edited July 08, 2023 by Xeshra
"80 bucks for cheat DLCs."

Falcom really be scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Post edited July 08, 2023 by Grargar
Xeshra: I think, the DLCs will get some price cuts at some point. Still, even with a price cut it is still far from being affordable.

I still have missing DLCs for some of the Legend of Heroes-series because i was not even buying them with a price cut, still waiting for some better deal. This time however, i just had in mind to buy it, because i was "throwing away" cash on more evil matters already. Next time i do expect a full soundtrack at this price tag, else it may be the last time...

I mean, some other publishers are barely any better than this: For example for R-Type Final 2 you had to pay 20 CHF for every single set of stages added and it was a very important part of the game, not a "goodie". I can not remember, in my entire gaming history, that some of the publishers was charging so much for "parts of the game" that are so small. Of course i do enjoy do support them but the price still should somewhat reflect the thing you actually get for it.
The fact that most sites selling the OST are blocked due to licensing restrictions says it all. NIS told me it's not up to them and I don't believe it esp. when soundtrack sites for it are geoblocking my location to buy it and HDTracks doesn't offer it.
If Japanese text was offered I might still buy it for practice. WHY Japanese text can't be offered I don't understand.

edit: How is that stylish electric car made there doing by the way? I would want to buy it if it was Open Source.
Post edited July 08, 2023 by Sarang
Jeez sure is, it also includes "Pay to alleviate the grind" DLC.

I'm behind on the series anyways, guess I'll take it off the Wishlist.
Xeshra: I think, the DLCs will get some price cuts at some point. Still, even with a price cut it is still far from being affordable.

Yeah the gaming Industry is going a bit more down the drain every day.
Post edited July 08, 2023 by Reaper9988
What exactly does "Launch Week Exclusive" mean? That these items will disappear in a week? Or that they will be sold separately?

[EDIT01] Oh...
GOG.com: Please note: The Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition include additional content in the form of: Mini Art Book, “Legends of Zemuria” Art Book, “Three & Nine: A Trails Tale” Novel, and “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack (10 tracks). Additionally, Standard Edition also includes: Mini Art Book and Soundtrack Sampler *5 tracks from “Songs of Reverie” Official Soundtrack. All the mentioned products are only available within those versions of the game until July 21st, 5 PM UTC. After that they won’t be a part of Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate Editions nor available to purchase individually.
Ok, thanks.
Post edited July 08, 2023 by SargonAelther
Instabuy for the game itself, but the Rip-Off DLC can go take a long walk off a short pier.
Xeshra: Nah, the price for the complete ("Utimate") edition is this time truly special. I can not remember it was ever that big. For the complete edition of Monstrum Nox, in comparison, i "only" paid 95 CHF. Legend of Heroes IV for example was about half the price for the complete Deluxe Edition. Prices seems to have inflated in general.

Of course we can argue "this is only non required goodies", but we all know very well... for a true fan... and there are many "true fans" at the Legend of Heroes-series. not having a complete game can be a hard cookie to eat.
Yeah ... I think I am going for Deluxe Edition. To not miss on the launch week stuff (which is less on Standard Ed.) and will later add the other two costume sets. Since the other DLC packs are items obtainable ingame (according to the complete set description) I wouldn't miss on content...