It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Morrowind, Daggerfall, Redguard, Battlespire, Arena.

The ultimate freeform adventures are here, epic tales of knights, thieves, dragons and magic. Enormous open worlds and a blank slate to make your own story. <span class="bold">The Elder Scrolls</span> are among the most recognizable RPGs in the history of ever, and each entry shaped the genre in its own unique way.

Today, we're traveling back to ye olden days in two digital distribution premieres and an all-time-favorite that we just couldn't pass by. You can pick up all three titles in a <span class="bold">single bundle at 33% off!</span>:
--The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.
--The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Arena - free with any Bethesda purchase.
--The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - free with any Bethesda purchase, too.

We're welcoming Bethesda Softworks to GOG.com with more bundles and tons of new classic releases - all DRM-free of course - and don't forget that that the two final The Elder Scrolls classics (The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall) will magic into your library completely FREE with any Bethesda purchase. The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
Dragons, magic and fantasy are coming to Twitch.tv/GOGcom in celebration of these many Bethesda releases! Tune in tonight for many awesome Elder Scrolls streams - just check out the calendar below:

2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT: The Elder Scrolls: Arena with VideoGameCarnage
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with Outstar
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall with Classicor
gnodab: I am really glad to see the old Elder Scrolls games here, but the pricing is just ridiculous.
I hope it is due to Bethesda being diggs and not a sign that GOG is abandoning it's once reasonable pricing scheme...
You can notice that all of these legacy publishers set high prices for their old games. Same for Disney and etc. At least they shifted from their backwards DRM mindset in these cases. It's already progress.

Interestingly, Bethesda aren't part of ESA, but it took them really long to start releasing DRM-free.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by shmerl
Great release. I have a few physical copies of Morrowind GOTY both Russian and English releases.
Might pick it up in future though.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by vsr
Gotta say Morrowind is really expensive for a game from 2002. On the other hand, that's its price on Steam as well. Since I've got it on disc anyway, I'll probably just grab Redguard or Battlespire at some point to get the original games.

Either way, you guys are awesome for working out this deal. Thank you.
Can I ask how the fuck did you guys get two piece of steel armor this early in Morrowind?

http://images-1.gog.com/c0687255f947135b9d1b92eb1bc305bd4d979785de5b694ff545800892e2765e_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Elmofongo
Elmofongo: Can I ask how the fuck did you guys get two piece of steel armor this early in Morrowind?

http://images-1.gog.com/c0687255f947135b9d1b92eb1bc305bd4d979785de5b694ff545800892e2765e_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg
You can :p
Elmofongo: Can I ask how the fuck did you guys get two piece of steel armor this early in Morrowind?

We have ......ways >.>
JudasIscariot: We have ......ways >.>
of making you tock?
JMich: of making you tock?
Tick :P
JudasIscariot: Tick :P
Can I get an answer to this question of mine?
Ah Morrowind,
The Classic,
The Legend,

Now it's finally on GoG, about time Bethesda!! Not to mention Battlespire and Redguard. This is the first time you can get them anywhere (aside from the original physical releases of course). I'm really curious about these side games, and I hope there will be some easy way to play the TES Travels games as well in the future. Arena and Daggerfall being included would meh news, since they've been free for years, but supposedly this version of Arena is the Legendary CD Vesion. If it is, more awesome points for GoG!

With all that out of the way, let get back to Morrowind. It was released in 2002, and thus is an entirely different beast than Oblivion and Skyrim. Morrowind was released towards the end of the traditional CRPG era, so it retains many traits of games from the 90s. Things such as chance to hit or cast a spell have been weeded out in the evolution to Oblivion and Skyrim. That said, unlike Arena and Daggerfall, Morrowind was released later enough to have elements of modern RPGs as well. It's a nice balance and mods have been able to cover up it's aging qualities nicely.

Speaking of mods, everyone should know that Morrowind's modding community is still alive and kicking. For new players, the most interesting mod would be OpenMW. Not even a mod in the traditional since, it's a re-coding of Morrowind in a newer, modern engine. The original 2002 build has it limits after all, even with mods. Another major mod for newbies is MGSO 3.0, but anyone can appreciate it. MGSO is a compilation of graphics mods combined into one convenient installer. It's a great way to jump right into the game with fairly modern graphics, and as a modding base for those who want to customize their game even more.

The most exciting mods for me, however are the province mods. The most famous of these is Tamriel Rebuilt. When Morrowind was being developed, Bethesda planned to include the entire province in the game (hence the title). We ended up with just Vvardenfell, the central island, due to time constraints. Tamriel Rebuilt aims to remedy that, by completing the mainland of Morrowind in the most lore friendly way possible. They've been at it for years, since before Morrowind's release in fact. It's incredible and awesome that they're still around working on it. That's not to mention the newer province mods such as Province: Cyrodiil and Skyrim: Home of the Nords (adding Oblivion and Skyrim's provinces respectively). The best part of these mods is that when completed, will allow you to traverse the entirety of a province, into another, and one day perhaps all of Tamriel, without a loading screen.

I could rant about Morrowind all day, it's truly an amazing game. That's not nostalgia talking either, since my first TES game was Oblivion GoTY and I played hundreds of hours of Skyrim even before I touched Morrowind. So do yourself a favor and pick this gem up; here or physically for DRM free, mod easy goodness. Or on Steam if you must, it works there too.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by LanceAvion

Yeah its called a Console Commands ;)
Grargar: Can I get an answer to this question of mine?
I suppose you can.

Oh, you want the answer, not an answer to your ability to get one...
JMich: of making you tock?
JudasIscariot: Tick :P
Quest for Glory 4, Punny Bones. Love the fella, even if he is a little weird :)
Post edited August 26, 2015 by JMich
This is awesome! Thanks soo much for this opportunity!
It's nice to see Bethesda coming aboard the site! Soo excited for what's to come of this!

- Tim :)
About OpenMW progress: https://openmw.org/2015/openscenegraph-port-playable/
This is great as I do have a CD copy of Morrowind but the game won't install anymore (Keeps crashing during install), you can see a slight curve in the disc data but it looks more like the disc is cracking along the circular path of the disc which is weird as I always take care of my discs.