It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The dark vision of the future from the two first Terminator films has come true - the war between mankind and the machines wages on. As one of the human resistance fighters, you must help in bringing down the Skynet’s rule of the world. Terminator: Resistance, the first-person shooter from Teyon studio, is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM.
Oh phuck it. Why wait? Buying it now.
GOG.com: The dark vision of the future from the two first Terminator films has come true - the war between mankind and the machines wages on. As one of the human resistance fighters, you must help in bringing down the Skynet’s rule of the world. Terminator: Resistance, the first-person shooter from Teyon studio, is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM.
Also you can mark this wish as fulfilled ;-)

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/terminator_resistance
Don't know what you did to get Terminator: Resistance here but do more of it in future Thanks
Post edited December 07, 2019 by armedready
It's got to be a better experience than watching the new movie. Now if only they'd release the 90s Terminator games.
Hasta la vista, baby
Terminate this. *throws grenade*
SeduceMePlz: From Steam:

"Very Positive - 92% of the 1,205 user reviews for this game are positive."

Yet most critics are panning it - aggregate score 57 on Metacritic with IGN and RPS leading the pack of detractors (versus a user score of 8.1 or 77% positive out of 144 ratings).

Looks like another Mad Max situation, highlighting how out-of-touch games media is with actual gamers.

Glad to see the game on GOG. Bought it at full price with the money that I saved by *not* seeing Dark Fate in theaters. ;)
Good choice - not seeing Dark fate AND buying this game for a full price.
I did saw the Dark Fate, which I atoned for by buy the game here day one :D
SeduceMePlz: From Steam:

"Very Positive - 92% of the 1,205 user reviews for this game are positive."

Yet most critics are panning it - aggregate score 57 on Metacritic with IGN and RPS leading the pack of detractors (versus a user score of 8.1 or 77% positive out of 144 ratings).

Looks like another Mad Max situation, highlighting how out-of-touch games media is with actual gamers.

Glad to see the game on GOG. Bought it at full price with the money that I saved by *not* seeing Dark Fate in theaters. ;)
Probably because they didn't pay their scam/bribe/ advertising money. With actual user reviews and gameplay streams who needs review websites like ign these days they want to collect money for telling you what you should buy.
pbaggers: It occurred to me that movie tie-in games are a rare breed these days. (No, iPhone games don't count)

What's always been rare are movie tie-in games that are actually good, which this supposedly is.
kmanitou: I don't think this would count as a tie-in 35 years after the fact.
It's a tie in with that new Terminator movie that apparently isn't very good despite doing the very good thing of writing off all the previous shitty Terminator movies as non-canon. They clearly had to release it in some timely fashion to match the movie's release date, so it may have had the same problem of a rushed development.

EDIT: Could be bothered to actually watch the trailer for this and it looks like a genuinely awesome game that reminds me much more of the first two Terminator movies than any of the other sequels. Really glad this got a DRM-free release so early in it's release cycle. It might actually get it myself for Christmas.
Post edited December 07, 2019 by pbaggers
low rated
It doesn't look like my thing... I can like FPS games if they're "cinematic" and interactive, but this one just looks "Quake-style" (which is fine if you like that kind of stuff).

Too bad; I would've liked a Deus Ex or Mass Effect style game set in the Terminator Universe.
The game looks interesting, but sadly it does not have Linux support.
Wow, nice! Already paid full price on Steam for it, so I'll wishlist for now.

Definitely the best Terminator game ever made! Great shooting. Great lore. Great music. Great atmosphere. T1 and T2 are the only canon films for this game. The devs really do show their love of the franchise like few others do. The references you'll find throughout are a testament to that. Even with a smaller budget, the heart in Terminator: Resistance is big.

Terminator fans, rejoice and play this game!
Caved and got it anyway. Approximately two or three hours in, no regrets. Definitely not a AAA experience and feels very last-gen in terms of presentation, gameplay, map layout, etc. It gets more right than wrong so far and I feel quite motivated to keep playing.
Can't quite put my finger on it but maybe some of you can relate to this: the 7th gen console era came packed with a plethora of obscure hidden gems, some of which remain undiscovered to this day. Flawed games with a unique charm. These types of devs & games got pretty much phased out midway through the 8th gen console life-cycle and were replaced by an influx of pixel art indie shovelware. Terminator Resistance feels like it was conceived during that transitional period between that 7th & 8th gen. No doubt, there's a lot to criticize but there's a lot more to love.
teceem: It doesn't look like my thing... I can like FPS games if they're "cinematic" and interactive, but this one just looks "Quake-style" (which is fine if you like that kind of stuff).

Too bad; I would've liked a Deus Ex or Mass Effect style game set in the Terminator Universe.
I haven't played it yet, but everything I've read about it says it has a strong story element, stealth and upgrades, a hub base, etc. It doesn't sound like a pure Quake style shooter to me.
teceem: It doesn't look like my thing... I can like FPS games if they're "cinematic" and interactive, but this one just looks "Quake-style" (which is fine if you like that kind of stuff).

StingingVelvet: I haven't played it yet, but everything I've read about it says it has a strong story element, stealth and upgrades, a hub base, etc. It doesn't sound like a pure Quake style shooter to me.
It´s a good game, story makes first two movies proud, but the stealth part is quite rudimentary: you cannot really tactically plan. as enemies are spawning onto the map once you cross some invisible line, sometimes quite close to you - you can see it while using bincoulars + Ai is quite dumb - they sometimes see you from afar, other times not even when you´re few metres away.

Plus there´s one OP stealth weapon, which I wouldn´t include there, it kinda doesn´t make sense (don´t wanna spoil it here).
Upgrades - yes they are there and working
Hub base - not really - you´re going from mission to mission and even though you return to the same location afterwards, you cannot go back in the middle of the mission + you never know if the story will ever bring you back, so not a real hub.

So definitely not a pure quake game.
It´s neither close to Deus Ex nor Mass Effect, it is its own thing and I would definitely recommend it.
Best terminator game since Terminator: Future Shock/Skynet and Terminator:2029.
All the other franchise games are passable.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by Tarhiel