It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your greatest "What If" scenario.

<span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, a global-scale game of tactics and world domination, is available now on Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Save 50% on your global supremacy with the 4-day launch discount!

In a world where the Superman is a symbol of war, eugenics and genocide; a world in which with great power comes no accountability, and superpowers are far from beacons of light and justice personified - it's no surprise that the most powerful men and women alive have little business playing hero. You are only human after all, and you have everything you need to become the world order you envision.
SuperPower 2 is a game of global-scale tactics, politics and warfare. It's the ultimate "what if" simulator: What if the United States tried to annex the Americas? What if North Korea isn't bluffing? What if you got to run the show? Build up your nation from nothing to greatness, increase your economic and political influence through artful negotiation or sanctions if need be, and loom over your foes with the most glorious of nuclear armies.

Become a new world order in <span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last for four days, until Monday, August 17, 12:59 PM GMT.
Grargar: Hello ThomNG!
Others will ask you about more releases[..]
Just ask about everything! :P Wait, do you mean that they managed to change the actual link? :O
Post edited August 13, 2015 by phaolo
A slight question from me (just to know whether I did well putting the game on my Gogmix): Does anybody know whether the game has Greece and Cyprus as playable countries? Because according to wikipedia the 193 countries available are the ones recognised by UN, and both Greece and Cyprus are, so just wanting to make sure...
Konrad: A little messup on our end. Should be business as usual now!
The server goblins have been digging tunnels again, there's a "_db207" piece of rubble at the end. Send Geralt after them, that should teach them! ;)
Treasure: A slight question from me (just to know whether I did well putting the game on my Gogmix): Does anybody know whether the game has Greece and Cyprus as playable countries? Because according to wikipedia the 193 countries available are the ones recognised by UN, and both Greece and Cyprus are, so just wanting to make sure...
Judging from this screenshot I say yup! :)
phaolo: Wait, do you mean that they managed to change the actual link? :O
Wild magic. ;)
low rated
nordic you still suck like hell!

don't buy any game from nordic! they're greedy bastards!
Post edited August 13, 2015 by apehater
Konrad: A little messup on our end. Should be business as usual now!

Luned: "About: This remastered version of SuperPower 2 features:
- New internet matchmaking library, and modified UI flow in the multiplayer menus
- Updated code to support new OS
- Widescreen Resolution support"

Sounds like a lot of effort went into getting this one into a fit state to release!
Konrad: Definitely. The game had a rough launch, but aside from the general "this is not for everyone" sentiment, the technical (and obviously the DRM-related) issues should be history.
The "this is not for everyone" thing you mention is related to the learning curve/hard for beginners or the (phew) past drm itself?
Treasure: A slight question from me (just to know whether I did well putting the game on my Gogmix): Does anybody know whether the game has Greece and Cyprus as playable countries? Because according to wikipedia the 193 countries available are the ones recognised by UN, and both Greece and Cyprus are, so just wanting to make sure...
vicklemos: Judging from this screenshot I say yup! :)
Well, in the screenshot, the country that has been chosen by whoever played the game to get the screenshot seems to be the UK. In the meanwhile though, I found a youtube video with someone who played the game as Greece.
So, still remains the question whether Cyprus is playable though, especially as it's a small country almost nobody cares about...
Thanks anyways for your answer though! :-)
Dalswyn: The server goblins have been digging tunnels again, there's a "_db207" piece of rubble at the end.
I fear me and Wizardry are to blame for the tail at the end of forum threads, since there have been cases when we intercepted the blues before they could post. So a random string was added at the end of the forum threads to make them harder to guess.
I'm confused. It says SuperPower, but the Chinese are not shown on the main image. Perhaps in this game reality, the West did not foolishly go into unrecoverable debt and move all their manufacturing to a country that might one day go to war with them?
Dalswyn: The server goblins have been digging tunnels again, there's a "_db207" piece of rubble at the end.
JMich: I fear me and Wizardry are to blame for the tail at the end of forum threads, since there have been cases when we intercepted the blues before they could post. So a random string was added at the end of the forum threads to make them harder to guess.
Oh...(in a lowered voice) The "delete this shit" incident, right?
Dalswyn: Oh...(in a lowered voice) The "delete this shit" incident, right?
That was the Wizardry part, yes.
Treasure: Thanks anyways for your answer though! :-)
Nah :P

Treasure: it's a small country almost nobody cares about...
Wut?! Cyprus must be lovely to visit, and god knows I'd love to travel the country aboard one of these! :)
I'm no patriot, my heart stands equally in both southern africa and the americas, though. :)
Treasure: So, still remains the question whether Cyprus is playable though, especially as it's a small country almost nobody cares about...
Well, Canada cares about you. *waves*

I seem to recall GOG.com routing their transactions through Cyprus at one time.
vicklemos: Wut?! Cyprus must be lovely to visit, and god knows I'd love to travel the country aboard one of these! :)
I'm no patriot, my heart stands equally in both southern africa and the americas, though. :)
Sorry to disappoint you, but this kind of buses have been mostly put out of comission nowadays afaik (the pic is definitely from the 70s-80s), although you might find one at some isolated village or something - the buses and mini-buses of nowadays are more modern (from the 90s-2000s) and thus less elegant... Also, glad you'd like to visit sometime! :-)

EndlessKnight: Well, Canada cares about you. *waves*
I seem to recall GOG.com routing their transactions through Cyprus at one time.
*waves back* Thanks, but...
Canada cares most probably in the economical sense of the term "care", as it's the same thing regarding Cyprus and Russia. (sure, there are cypriot immigrants in many countries, but they aren't a very sizeable portion afaik)- I don't know about its people though... Also, Cyprus isn't used for routing any payments by gog, but is the base of the accountants gog uses and it thus uses their postal address for its needs (had done some research on this a few months ago...)

P.S. @ both of you, I guess I was just a little pessimist as there seem to be more people positively interested in Cyprus than I thought... thanks goodness I guess!
Post edited August 13, 2015 by Treasure