It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Unlimited power!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% discount for the duration of the Winter Sale.
Devastating force powers, impressive setpieces, fast-paced action and an intriguing story full of twists, turns, and familiar faces: that's the power of the Force Unleashed. Follow the incredible exploits of Starkiller, Darth Vader's secret apprentice, and witness a never-before-seen story that could change the fate of the galaxy. No enemy can stand in Starkiller's way, but Vader's dark manipulations and his own questionable choices will put him on a dangerous path that not even his fearsome powers can avert.
Mr.Caine: Ah yes The Force Unleashed. The beggining of the era where SW games stopped being good.
cw8: ^This. I personally detest the TFU games.

Lightsaber combat was at its prime in Jedi Outcast 2 and Jedi Academy. TFU is just boring hack and slash.
Don't play it then.
tinyE: How is it that #1 is more than twice the size of #2? :P I thought sequels were supposed to be bigger. :P
The sequel is at least half the size of the first in length and most of it involved back tracking.
Post edited December 15, 2017 by darthspudius
cw8: ^This. I personally detest the TFU games.

Lightsaber combat was at its prime in Jedi Outcast 2 and Jedi Academy. TFU is just boring hack and slash.
darthspudius: Don't play it then.
I didn't. Got so bored of TFU, I just stopped halfway through. That very game that LucasArts said u needed a $5000 computer to run back in the day.
Only some Star Wars games left, that are missing from GOG library:
- Yoda Stories
- Phantom Menace
- Episode I Racer

Did I forget something?
I adored TFU, I own the physical release on PC and 360, and now I have a digital version. Thanks GOG.

tinyE: How is it that #1 is more than twice the size of #2? :P I thought sequels were supposed to be bigger. :P
The first game on PC just threw uncompressed assets onto discs, so it's needlessly huge.
Post edited December 15, 2017 by ReynardFox
Lekvar: Only some Star Wars games left, that are missing from GOG library:
- Yoda Stories
- Phantom Menace
- Episode I Racer

Did I forget something?
Battlefront (the original)
Clone Wars - Republic Heroes
Droidworks
Episode 1: Battle for Naboo
Force Commander
Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Pit Droids
I believe that there is also a Gungan city builder.
Weren't Force Unleased games the ones that were on the Wii??
timmy010: Forced unleashed 2 is known to have some performance bug is the gog version fixed or is it present. I cant remember the exact details but it was everywhere and difficult to miss
I remember an issue with vsync and the videos in game. I had to use a utility to force the game to 30fps for the cutscenes to work properly.
How are this games compared to KOTOR?
bioshark: How are this games compared to KOTOR?
I haven't played it but KOTOR I have played dozens of times, and that's an RPG with TBS combat. These games are more along the lines of the Jedi Outcast series.....I think.
Completely and utterly uncomparable, they are entirely different genres. Force Unleashed is a pure arcade action hack & slash game, not an RPG in the slightest.
darthspudius: I remember the wife buying me it as a present and was gutted when I finished it between lunch and supper.
joppo: That's not a nice way to treat your wife.

If she had bought you Master of Orion 3, sure. Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods? Be my guest. Superman 64? I'd lend my knives; hell, I might buy you a knife set. This game? eh... maybe a nail clipper.
XD
And you thought you couldn't come up with anything suitable for the "out of context" thread! ;)
+1

P.S.: A little tip: all text inside reply quotes (but not "box" quotes) is automatically italicized, so adding the italics tags has no effect; if you want to highlight text in a reply quote, use bold or underline tags instead. : )
ReynardFox: Completely and utterly uncomparable, they are entirely different genres. Force Unleashed is a pure arcade action hack & slash game, not an RPG in the slightest.
Ok, thanks for the answer. I loved KOTOR exactly for being an RPG.

I'll probably pass on these then, especially if they are a port from console to PC.
ReynardFox: Completely and utterly uncomparable, they are entirely different genres. Force Unleashed is a pure arcade action hack & slash game, not an RPG in the slightest.
bioshark: Ok, thanks for the answer. I loved KOTOR exactly for being an RPG.

I'll probably pass on these then, especially if they are a port from console to PC.
Do you prefer KOTOR 1 or 2? Just asking, I ADORE BOTH.
bioshark: Ok, thanks for the answer. I loved KOTOR exactly for being an RPG.

tinyE: Do you prefer KOTOR 1 or 2? Just asking, I ADORE BOTH.
I played and liked both. But probably I liked 2 better. The first one was new and unlocked the genre. On Kotor 2 the game got more mature, and it was also great. You could feel Obsidian's influence :)