It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The circle is now complete… Let's do another one!

STAR WARS Episode I: Racer is now available, only on GOG.com, with a 15% launch discount until May 8, 5pm UTC.
It's back! The game that perfectly captured the high-velocity spirit of the memorable podracing sequence in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, returns. Pick your character and zoom across several challenging tracks, including the dunes of Tatooine, where young Anakin Skywalker made himself a legend.

Also, enjoy more galactic adventures through timeless, DRM-free STAR WARS classics up to 66% off in the May The 4th sale, including STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, STAR WARS: Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and STAR WARS: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter! The deals are available until May 8th, 5 PM UTC.
high rated
General Troubleshooting
-----------------------

If you're experiencing black screen / crash on launch, please try the following:

- Before starting the game, change video resolution to your desktop one (or the closest match). if that fails, try falling back to 1024x768. Video settings can be found under GOG Galaxy HERE
-- or in Start Menu HERE.
- Close any unnecessary applications running in the background, especially ones overlay-based like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, GeForce Experience, FRAPS etc.
- If running multiple screen setup, try switching to a single monitor.

If none of the above helps, please send your DxDiag to our Support team HERE. The more information we have, the easier it will be to pinpoint the problem.

May the Force serve you well.
Post edited May 02, 2018 by Thiev
Hello guys, I don't have the 1920x1080 resolution available in my options even if it is my desktop resolution. How can I make it appear? Thank you!
gregoryopera: Is there any news on a release for Linux-based operating systems, or is it just another "cross my fingers and hope it eventually comes to Linux" thing?
I doubt the game is getting an official linux port at this stage.

but I recently learned of this open-source port under development
https://github.com/OpenSWE1R/openswe1r

haven't tried it yet, so no clue how well it works
gregoryopera: ...
Is there any news on a release for Linux-based operating systems, or is it just another "cross my fingers and hope it eventually comes to Linux" thing?
Why would anybody in their sane mind make a port of 19 years old game? Developers are gone, studio disbanded + this is not a new title.

But as immi101 said, there is open source port being made.
Post edited May 05, 2018 by Tarhiel
Thiev: General Troubleshooting
-----------------------

If you're experiencing black screen / crash on launch, please try the following:

- Before starting the game, change video resolution to your desktop one (or the closest match). if that fails, try falling back to 1024x768. Video settings can be found under GOG Galaxy HERE
- Close any unnecessary applications running in the background, especially ones overlay-based like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, GeForce Experience, FRAPS etc.

If none of the above helps, please send your DxDiag to our Support team HERE. The more information we have, the easier it will be to pinpoint the problem.

It's impossible to open the video settings because they crash too with "RDROID_GNOME" failing. And some people do NOT have GOG Galaxy. Galaxy was supposed to be OPTIONAL.
Thiev: General Troubleshooting
-----------------------

empirepl: It's impossible to open the video settings because they crash too with "RDROID_GNOME" failing. And some people do NOT have GOG Galaxy. Galaxy was supposed to be OPTIONAL.
At least try to read the entire thing.
empirepl: It's impossible to open the video settings because they crash too with "RDROID_GNOME" failing.
Post 128 of this thread suggests a fix:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_episode_i_racer_ab444/post128
How are people changing the resolution? I can't find any tool in the game file location. I can't change it in game. I can't change it anywhere. What am I missing? Where is this tool everybody keeps talking about?

The dropbox image shows that there is suppose to be a tool folder in the game files. I don;t have any.
Joseph7788: How are people changing the resolution? I can't find any tool in the game file location. I can't change it in game. I can't change it anywhere. What am I missing? Where is this tool everybody keeps talking about?

The dropbox image shows that there is suppose to be a tool folder in the game files. I don;t have any.
I don't own the game but here's where I think it is: Start Menu/Windows Icon -> All Programs or Program Files folder -> GOG.com folder -> Star Wars Ep 1 Racer folder -> "Tools" folder -> Video settings icon
I remember playing Episode 1 Racer in the arcades. Wasn't good at it but what fun. A shame Revenge of the Sith never got a PC release, what a weird admission.

Does anybody have a list of Star Wars games not on GOG yet?
deleted
pferreira1983: Does anybody have a list of Star Wars games not on GOG yet?
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games

You can search for "star wars" and see what hasn't been completed.
There' no need for any kind of fix or patch, the only problem with the game is that it is set to star by default on 320 by something resolution.I had the stopped working EVERYTIME when launching the game, after i set to any other resolution it promptlly fixed , good job GOG
high rated
Battefront (2004 Original)
Battlefront 1+2 (EA Reboots)
The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes
Episode 1: Battle for Naboo
Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Force Commander
LEGO The Force Awakens
Star Wars (1983 game)
Yoda Stories

Educational games by Lucas Learning:
Anakin's Speedway
DroidWorks
Early Learning Activity Center
Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
Jar Jar's Journey
Math: Jabba's Game Galaxy
Pit Droids
Yoda's Challenge Activity Center

And finally, Chess and Monopoly.
Grargar: Battefront (2004 Original)
Battlefront 1+2 (EA Reboots)
The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes
Episode 1: Battle for Naboo
Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Force Commander
LEGO The Force Awakens
Star Wars (1983 game)
Yoda Stories

Educational games by Lucas Learning:
Anakin's Speedway
DroidWorks
Early Learning Activity Center
Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
Jar Jar's Journey
Math: Jabba's Game Galaxy
Pit Droids
Yoda's Challenge Activity Center

And finally, Chess and Monopoly.
Thank you for this list. So what are the odds of Battlefront 2004 and the Episode 1 games eventually making their way over to GOG?
The intro movies don't scale to full screen, is that a normal thing?
I've set scale to full screen on (keep aspect ration) in Nvidia control panel. The game itself is set to 1920x1080 and scales to full screen fine. I've attached a screenshot.

Also, I've seen multiple people asking why their Native resolution isn't selectable in the game's video control panel; same here! (Native: 2560x1440, highest option: 1920x1200)

Edit: Solved!
https://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_episode_i_racer/small_intro_movies
Attachments:
Post edited May 06, 2018 by teceem