It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The circle is now complete… Let's do another one!

STAR WARS Episode I: Racer is now available, only on GOG.com, with a 15% launch discount until May 8, 5pm UTC.
It's back! The game that perfectly captured the high-velocity spirit of the memorable podracing sequence in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, returns. Pick your character and zoom across several challenging tracks, including the dunes of Tatooine, where young Anakin Skywalker made himself a legend.

Also, enjoy more galactic adventures through timeless, DRM-free STAR WARS classics up to 66% off in the May The 4th sale, including STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, STAR WARS: Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and STAR WARS: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter! The deals are available until May 8th, 5 PM UTC.
high rated
General Troubleshooting
-----------------------

If you're experiencing black screen / crash on launch, please try the following:

- Before starting the game, change video resolution to your desktop one (or the closest match). if that fails, try falling back to 1024x768. Video settings can be found under GOG Galaxy HERE
-- or in Start Menu HERE.
- Close any unnecessary applications running in the background, especially ones overlay-based like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, GeForce Experience, FRAPS etc.
- If running multiple screen setup, try switching to a single monitor.

If none of the above helps, please send your DxDiag to our Support team HERE. The more information we have, the easier it will be to pinpoint the problem.

May the Force serve you well.
Post edited May 02, 2018 by Thiev
gregoryopera: Is there any news on a release for Linux-based operating systems, or is it just another "cross my fingers and hope it eventually comes to Linux" thing?
immi101: I doubt the game is getting an official linux port at this stage.

but I recently learned of this open-source port under development
https://github.com/OpenSWE1R/openswe1r

haven't tried it yet, so no clue how well it works
It's a loader at this point. So it's much like WINE + CPU Emulation.
At the moment, we don't rewrite the games code (as that's still in research state), but we are still able to run the original game on pretty much any platform.

Especially on Linux you get good performance with KVM for the CPU emulation.

Remaining issues are audio (which sounds horrible), input (no controllers + can't be configured) and stupid code (very high RAM usage etc.).
We also don't currently have multiplayer / network support.

But the graphics are even better than in WINE, simply because we know exactly how the game works and can create very specific patches. We also plan to fix some graphical issues which never worked in the PC version (but were working fine in the N64 release). The original game is also limited in that it only loads the 32bpp textures from the files to 16bpp textures in the GPU. - OpenSWE1R will solve these issues in the future.

We are also working on tools for modding the game, including a map/model-editor.

As you might have gathered by now, this is an ambitious project. So we'd love to get help.
Contact us through our gitter chat and check out our GitHub profile.

(OpenSWE1R doesn't support the gog.com version yet, but it's work in progress. It could change within a couple of hours.)
Post edited May 06, 2018 by JayFoxRox
pferreira1983: Does anybody have a list of Star Wars games not on GOG yet?
Grargar: Battefront (2004 Original)
Battlefront 1+2 (EA Reboots)
The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes
Episode 1: Battle for Naboo
Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Force Commander
LEGO The Force Awakens
Star Wars (1983 game)
Yoda Stories

Educational games by Lucas Learning:
Anakin's Speedway
DroidWorks
Early Learning Activity Center
Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
Jar Jar's Journey
Math: Jabba's Game Galaxy
Pit Droids
Yoda's Challenge Activity Center

And finally, Chess and Monopoly.
Thank you! Still quite a bit then.
I am having problems with the game not detecting any type of joystick or controller. This is the only game I have had this problem with. I have no idea how to start troubleshooting. Any knowledge of how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Grargar: Battefront (2004 Original)
Battlefront 1+2 (EA Reboots)
The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes
Episode 1: Battle for Naboo
Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Force Commander
LEGO The Force Awakens
Star Wars (1983 game)
Yoda Stories

Educational games by Lucas Learning:
Anakin's Speedway
DroidWorks
Early Learning Activity Center
Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
Jar Jar's Journey
Math: Jabba's Game Galaxy
Pit Droids
Yoda's Challenge Activity Center

And finally, Chess and Monopoly.
pferreira1983: Thank you! Still quite a bit then.
Star Wars Chess, mate. ;P
IronArcturus: Nice to finally see this game on GOG! Has anyone tried it with an Xbox 360 controller yet?
Yes. Using an Xbox 360 controller here on Windows 10. No problems!
Also as earlier mentioned, video setting [resolution] is found in start/programs/Stars Wars Racer menu for me [Windows 10] not in game.
1920x1080, yes!
Joseph7788: How are people changing the resolution? I can't find any tool in the game file location. I can't change it in game. I can't change it anywhere. What am I missing? Where is this tool everybody keeps talking about?

The dropbox image shows that there is suppose to be a tool folder in the game files. I don;t have any.
On windows 10 go to start programs-Racer expand. Not in- game
Post edited May 07, 2018 by bloefield
Is anyone else having issues with skyboxes? They're generally fine, but they sometimes turn into blue, cyan, or green voids. It happens most on the Andobi Prime tracks for me.
Stalvern: Is anyone else having issues with skyboxes? They're generally fine, but they sometimes turn into blue, cyan, or green voids. It happens most on the Andobi Prime tracks for me.
I've seen a few posts about it and at least one person fixed it by playing the game using the dgVoodoo2 DirectX wrapper instead of the one provided by GOG.

Just saw this on YouTube, ad thought it very relevant to this thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9d420RLWL4
Post edited May 08, 2018 by Korell
Korell: I've seen a few posts about it and at least one person fixed it by playing the game using the dgVoodoo2 DirectX wrapper instead of the one provided by GOG.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Korell: Just saw this on YouTube, ad thought it very relevant to this thread.
Like everyone else on the Internet, that guy's wrong about Abyss. If you fall, you can get back up on the top track by rolling sideways and flying up the wall; it works because the wall is angled instead of vertical. It might not be possible at slower speeds, but you should have a fast enough machine by the time you get to Abyss that it won't matter.
Korell: I've seen a few posts about it and at least one person fixed it by playing the game using the dgVoodoo2 DirectX wrapper instead of the one provided by GOG.
Stalvern: Thanks, I'll try that.

Korell: Just saw this on YouTube, ad thought it very relevant to this thread.
Stalvern: Like everyone else on the Internet, that guy's wrong about Abyss. If you fall, you can get back up on the top track by rolling sideways and flying up the wall; it works because the wall is angled instead of vertical. It might not be possible at slower speeds, but you should have a fast enough machine by the time you get to Abyss that it won't matter.
far out.
thank you
The dgVooodoo2 wrapper fixed the skybox issue, but now my Windows cursor is visible on top of the game, and I haven't found any settings that might address this. Eh, I can park the cursor in a corner and put up with it.
Post edited May 08, 2018 by Stalvern
Grargar: Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Seriously hope we get this. Such a fun game that is so much better than the movie.
The mouse configuration window seems to not work correctly. One of the sliders is tied to the mouse' position on the screen.
Stalvern: Is anyone else having issues with skyboxes? They're generally fine, but they sometimes turn into blue, cyan, or green voids. It happens most on the Andobi Prime tracks for me.
Yes, I had that too. Thankfully, that can be fixed by installing dgVoodoo2. If you follow the instructions from PCGamingWiki page for Episode 1 racer, it will show you how to install it.
Just watching some footage of this game on youtube makes my head spin. Way too fast for this old man, I have to pass! :P
You're not alone there mate. IMHO I feel like today's modern video settings/capabilities are just rendering further than the game was ever intended to with the tech from it's era. Cyan/Blue is probably just the colour of (no data)