It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Go on a journey the Kingdom of Nelwë, where the forces of Technology clash with those of Nature. Silverfall: Complete is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 75% discount lasting until 23rd September 2020, 1 PM UTC. Craft your hero into a mighty champion in this action RPG series. Oppose the tyrannic Order of Nothingness and use the freedom to evolve in either the technological or spiritual paths.

This pack contains two games - Silverfall and Silverfall Earth Awakening.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
MysterD: From there, if you still have issues - might need to use some programs to make it go Fullscreen or Windowed Fullscreen, if need be.
Hikage1983: Thank you for the attempt but like i said, my issues were specific to that regional version that i own. At any rate i bought this (who wouldn't at this price?) and it's all good. Cheers.
You're welcome.

Regardless, hope you enjoy GOG's version of Silverfall: Complete. Hope it works fine out-the-box and all; usually GOG's pretty good at that stuff working their GOG Magic if need be, when re-releasing a game here.
for <$4 gotta pick it up.
ciemnogrodzianin: Yay! Good old games! (which are fun even if not exactly good)
The news is worth more than Control, BPM and last ten releases of some fancy new who-cares-about-them games ;))
All games hitting GOG at some point in time are important, old and new.

IMHO, getting newer games and titles like Control is also important here for GOG, as we need more newer games on here that don't have DRM attached to them.

There's an audience of gamers - many of them who probably post here, on these GOG forums and/or do buy games from GOG - that likely do not want to deal with client-app requirements and/or DRM like Denuvo.

Especially true, when we're also getting more newer games - especially in the AAA space - requiring client-app's, Denuvo, and any other DRM-nonsense.

I also like how GOG is better at most, especially w/ older titles, in re-releasing games out-the-box that just work. No modding needed in many cases, just boot. That's great for gamers who are noobs to PC gaming and ain't hip to PC modding yet; and/or to PC gamers that sometimes just don't want to do a bunch of modding steps to get a game going; and/or some that just don't want to find 25 patches and install them in the right order just to update a game; and/or any other conveniences or things you can think of.

I know I have re-bought games like NWN2: Complete here namely to not deal w/ the insane patching situation. While I needed Mysteries of Westgates and all (already had the rest), I didn't want to deal w/ the patching situation. I know I've re-bought Vampire: Bloodlines b/c I wanted a version with Wesp's Unofficial Basic Patch always applied out-the-box.

And of course, glad to see Silverfall: Complete here. Underrated ARPG, IMHO.
Post edited September 19, 2020 by MysterD
Hm, I didn`t experience any loss of items due to dying. Even the first time I died, when I didn`t have the "Death Insurance", I didn`t lose any item.
Maybe it was patched out? But what is the purpose of the "Death Insurance" then?
MysterD: IMHO, getting newer games and titles like Control is also important here for GOG, as we need more newer games on here that don't have DRM attached to them.

There's an audience of gamers - many of them who probably post here, on these GOG forums and/or do buy games from GOG - that likely do not want to deal with client-app requirements and/or DRM like Denuvo.
This describes me. I am here for what I deem "big releases"...this includes games like Control, "AA" RPGs, as well as old games that look sufficiently deep or remarkable to me (there can be overlap among these categories of course). Without GOG, I would not have gotten back into PC gaming...left it aside for like 15 years specifically because of the DRM everywhere. DRM-free Fallout New Vegas is what brought me here in the first place. I like seeing the release of Silverfall and wishlisted, considering buying already because it is such a low price on sale. As far as I'm concerned GOG is on a roll with game releases this year.
MysterD: ...
Sure, totally agree with that. I like GOG, I want them to live long and prosper, so I understand the role of new releases here. To be honest, some of them are also interesting for me.
I've just wanted to point out that there are still goglodytes here, who await Dungeon Master, Discworld, Dune 2 and Heart of Darkness more than new games :D
One question: Is there a manual for this game?
Maxvorstadt: One question: Is there a manual for this game?
There are:

https://anonfiles.com/5854P9W3o1/silverfall_manual_de_pdf
https://anonfiles.com/F492P8Wfo7/silverfall_manual_en-1_pdf

https://anonfiles.com/J6A7P1Wdo1/silverfall_earth_awakening_manual_german-1_pdf
https://anonfiles.com/nbBePcW6o3/silverfall_earthfall_awakening_manual_english_pdf

Taken from the other platform, by the way. Not sure why GoG wasn't provided with them for the release here.
Come to think of it - the manual(s) may be included with the offline installers?
Can't download, install and double-check right now, but they might be accessible from within the install directory?
MysterD: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Sure, totally agree with that. I like GOG, I want them to live long and prosper, so I understand the role of new releases here. To be honest, some of them are also interesting for me.
I've just wanted to point out that there are still goglodytes here, who await Dungeon Master, Discworld, Dune 2 and Heart of Darkness more than new games :D
I want GOG to get as many games that it can, especially so they can go DRM-FREE; new or old.

Re-Releases of old games are important especially on GOG, as some games are just a pain to get going in general...and GOG sometimes might have the right GOG Magic they can apply so we can get them going without much trouble.

Silverfall does strike me as an important one, b/c it can be a pain to get going and running properly. This GOG version as one Complete package sounds a lot easier to deal w/ than say Steam's release of it.
Swedrami: Come to think of it - the manual(s) may be included with the offline installers?
Can't download, install and double-check right now, but they might be accessible from within the install directory?
Nope, there is no manual in the install folder. That was the first location I looked for the manual.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, I didn`t experience any loss of items due to dying. Even the first time I died, when I didn`t have the "Death Insurance", I didn`t lose any item.
Maybe it was patched out? But what is the purpose of the "Death Insurance" then?
Looks like it depends on the difficulty setting. I always start a new character on the middle difficulty setting, whereas I've just tried starting a new game now on the low (Normal) difficulty setting and you do indeed keep your gear when dying.

For first time players, it's probably better they start on the normal difficulty until they're happy with the game mechanics.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, I didn`t experience any loss of items due to dying. Even the first time I died, when I didn`t have the "Death Insurance", I didn`t lose any item.
agogfan: Looks like it depends on the difficulty setting. I always start a new character on the middle difficulty setting, whereas I've just tried starting a new game now on the low (Normal) difficulty setting and you do indeed keep your gear when dying.

For first time players, it's probably better they start on the normal difficulty until they're happy with the game mechanics.
Yes, I`m playing it on normal. And I must say, that normal difficulty is rather tough. I died a few times now. It seems, as if the mobs level with you, so you always fight monsters that are around the same level as your character, which is a mechanic I don`t really like. Oh, and I just ran into a bug, which not only prevents me from solving a quest, but also prevents me from buying potions, which are very needed in this game.
Maxvorstadt: It seems, as if the mobs level with you, so you always fight monsters that are around the same level as your character, which is a mechanic I don`t really like. Oh, and I just ran into a bug, which not only prevents me from solving a quest, but also prevents me from buying potions, which are very needed in this game.
Although enemies do level with you, they eventually reach a cap for the area they're in. I tend to stick around in an area until I feel I'm strong enough to progress to the next area. If I run out of enemies in an area then I just quit and reload the game to get enemies to respawn.

Pity to hear about the potion bug. I've fortunately never encounterd a bug buying potions, although buying potions become less necessary when certain skills are activated or you have certain companions. If this is the starting camp, then I recall the potion vendor giving you two quests. Perhaps check your quest log and see if you don't have another pending quest that you need to complete first.
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, me too. I always had the disc of silverfall, but missed out on getting Earth Awakening, so glad this came here eventually. Great discount too, the games is well worth the asking price.

NOTE: For best experience use Camera Mod by GalandriX:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/silverfall-camera-mod

There is also this tip for small fonts:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also if you use a high resolution and find the text to small this trick worked for me.

Credit goes to member oni5115 at Silverfall.net
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Font Size:
Go to Silverfall\Data\Localize\Lang_ENG\Data\Fonte - and make a backup copy of the folder. Copy whichever size font you want and rename
it to the names of the other fonts. This helps drastically when you are playing at 1650x1080 resolutions. Although some of the skills get
a little hard to read sometimes due to clipping; but it's still worth it in my opinion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, first make a copy of that "Fonte" folder...then copy the Times27.fnt four times, and rename them after the other file names,
and get rid of the other files (make sure to backup first just in case)

Works well in 1920x1080 and makes everything readable, including NPC text - use at your own risk like any home-made fix.
Between this and the unusable icon mod, it has changed the game from nearly unplayable to a fun little romp with clunky controls.

Icon mod: Changes icons for unusable items to a red frame instead of the big (X) that you can't even see what the items are: (And because this forum breaks links, of course it does, you'll have to copy and paste the link. It's the second download from the bottom. Bottom one is just a traslation mod)

hunositokteam.hu/jatekok/letoltesek/category/16-silverfall-earth-awakening
Post edited September 20, 2020 by paladin181